• 190(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-01-02, 21:45)BobCratchett Wrote: @bsoriano - working fine here and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the code. Can you please confirm it works for you with this commit, and can anyone else confirm its broken for them?

Bob,

I figured out what it is, and this brings up a different issue. The two menu items I have with no infolines are Oscars and Top250, after I deleted the ones I had created myself and "restored shortcuts" to get the default ones after you added the functionality. How can those two menu items get infolines if they point to scripts instead of playlists? (Even though all the scripts do is show a playlist). In regular MadNox I always had infolines in those, since I had added the two playlists to the smart playlist customizer. How could we achieve this now?

Regards,

Bart
If all they do is point to a playlist, then we can change the default shortcuts so that they point to the playlist. If the scripts are doing anything extra (like actually updating the dbase with oscar/top250 info), then obviously that won't work - in which case we can probably create specific Oscars / Top 250 InfoLines which get their information from the playlists. I don't have the scripts installed, and a quick Google when I was adding them as defaults didn't show up much I wanted to look at (the ShedNox thread - and I'm not about to go trawling through that - and a non-official repo were the top hits for me...) so I really don't know much about what they do and how they do it...
(2016-01-02, 22:02)BobCratchett Wrote: If all they do is point to a playlist, then we can change the default shortcuts so that they point to the playlist. If the scripts are doing anything extra (like actually updating the dbase with oscar/top250 info), then obviously that won't work - in which case we can probably create specific Oscars / Top 250 InfoLines which get their information from the playlists. I don't have the scripts installed, and a quick Google when I was adding them as defaults didn't show up much I wanted to look at (the ShedNox thread - and I'm not about to go trawling through that - and a non-official repo were the top hits for me...) so I really don't know much about what they do and how they do it...

Bob,

When those scripts were created, they each opened the playlist with a custom viewtype. The code for each script is just two lines, one to view the playlist, and one that does a Container.Refresh. I do not think (at least I do not have them) that MadNox has the custom viewtypes which were originally created, so all the scripts do in MadNox is display the playlists.

In my opinion, the best solution is to change the default shortcuts so that they point to the playlist, and then having a movie playlist infoline would work fine.

Other opinions? Mike D, schimi, others?

Regards,

Bart
Had this problem for some time but have (finally) gotten around to taking screenshots.

In the 'Peripherals' (Settings -> System -> Input Devices) menu, I have the following devices...

Upon opening the settings properties for the CEC-Adapter I see:

(Settings but no background panel). For the Nyxboard...

I don't think this is related to the 'other' issue involving disappearing textures, as that occurs on random screens and is easily fixed (temporarily) by a skin reload. The missing panels in Peripherals are consistently missing and a skin reload does not fix the issue. The thing is, unless you have a compatible peripheral device, like a remote control, you cannot access / see this menu.

Gib.
@bsoriano - If that's all they do then they really deserve to be retired Smile Can you let me know the path to the playlists that they launch? (There are three obvious possibilities for top 250 included with MadNox, and no obvious possibilities for the Oscars!)
(2016-01-02, 22:14)BobCratchett Wrote: @bsoriano - If that's all they do then they really deserve to be retired Smile Can you let me know the path to the playlists that they launch? (There are three obvious possibilities for top 250 included with MadNox, and no obvious possibilities for the Oscars!)

Sure. Both are in the skin folder. The Top250 one is ...extras/Playlists/video/IMDbTop250.xsp, and the Oscars is ...extras/Playlists/video/BestPicture.xsp.

Thanks Bob!

Regards,

Bart
Switched default shortcuts to the playlists Smile (You'll need to delete + re-restore shortcuts to get the new versions Wink) Thanks for your help tracking down another bug Smile
(2016-01-02, 22:23)BobCratchett Wrote: Switched default shortcuts to the playlists Smile (You'll need to delete + re-restore shortcuts to get the new versions Wink) Thanks for your help tracking down another bug Smile

Thanks Bob! Working fine now.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-02, 20:13)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks for the info Bob, no biggie really just wondered and the Container.Refresh sounds complicated right now.

Just found that artwork, Poster or Fanart tried, for In Theaters widget is not working.

Can someome please try the trending movies widget, when I select a film extendedinfo comes up but the poster on the left is never displayed for me?

Mike.

There was a recent GitHub update to extendedinfo for the rotten tomato widgets as they were not displaying posters. RT widgets do not provide fanart. I would guess the fix has not made it to the repo.

Not sure about the trending movie widget. Working fine here.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@bsoriano - Great news Smile Can I ask a quick question regarding the Skin Shortcuts script (rather than the skinshortcuts branch of MadNox). When you restore the shortcuts to top 250/oscars, do you get the correct default backgrounds? (Top 250 - The default MadNox background with IMDB in the back, Oscars - the default MadNox background with an oscar statue in the background.)

This is one of those features I wrote comparatively 'blind' (which is to say, without having a decent test system to see that it worked as intended), and am interested whether its working as intended, or if its something I need to work on some more when I actually have time to concentrate on that script Smile
(2016-01-02, 22:42)BobCratchett Wrote: @bsoriano - Great news Smile Can I ask a quick question regarding the Skin Shortcuts script (rather than the skinshortcuts branch of MadNox). When you restore the shortcuts to top 250/oscars, do you get the correct default backgrounds? (Top 250 - The default MadNox background with IMDB in the back, Oscars - the default MadNox background with an oscar statue in the background.)

This is one of those features I wrote comparatively 'blind' (which is to say, without having a decent test system to see that it worked as intended), and am interested whether its working as intended, or if its something I need to work on some more when I actually have time to concentrate on that script Smile

Bob,

No, you get the default MadNox "videos" background.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-02, 20:38)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks,

Also for Mr. V, widgets sets with extended panel on focus - info panel shows no set info i.e. films in the set etc. etc.? What should it do Mr. V?

This will take some thought. Hopefully simple as some variable changes.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@bsoriano - I had the feeling the was the case, though its good to get confirmation. It's on my to-do list for Skin Shortcuts. And now, I'll stop derailing the thread Smile

@gibxxi - Hope you don't feel like your issue is being overlooked. We're busy discussing changes in a specific branch which your issue isn't relevant to, so its not that we're ignoring you - its just that its not part of what we're talking about. Fixing the background should be relatively easy, so if Mr Doc, Mr Schimi or one of the other regular contributors doesn't get to it in the next couple of days, give me a poke (and really do remind me - I'm notorious for forgetting about such things) and I'll fix and PR it myself Smile
@ Bob

What is the xml for the widget selection dialog?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@Mr. V - its DialogSelect.xml (but not accessed via the Python xbmcgui api Dialog().Select() method, but rather by instantiating it via xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog and handling adding content + the various onaction/onclicks manually, so that we can show icons...)

(If you edit the skins addon.xml and change debugging to True in the xbmc.gui.skin extension element, Kodi will show the window and the selected control ID onscreen Wink)
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39