• 189(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-01-02, 18:51)bobrap Wrote: Just thought this may have been overlooked from previous post?
Is there a setting somewhere to limit the number of "widget boxes" (I think there's 25 now)?

i make a dublicate of my playlists and set the limit there to 25 ( you can choose 10 minimum i think ) - these playlists i use for the widgets ... works realy good
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Thanks, guys. "That works just as I needed" said the happy camper! Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Sir Bob / Mr. V

Is it possible to refresh widgets when they are set as random? i.e. each time they display they auto refresh? was possible in the old skin widgets solution but just wondering about our new solution?

Also, no bugs so far during testing the latest and the work done is just astonishing.

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Can I ask a couple of questions about the mixed widgets, from those of you who have actually used them Smile

Just want to confirm the navigation - left and right between the three different lists (which I presume used to autoscroll between the different items available), a click opens up a separate display where all the items are shown...?

As regards look and feel, there are no choices in panel background, artwork, etc?

Everyone happy with the contents of the three lists? (Thats to say, if I implement them exactly as is, with no choice to change what appears in the three lists, people will be happy...?)

(Not that I'm going to start on this tonight, but I want to get it clear in my head what I'm going to be coding up before I start - and if its as-I-think-it-is, as its basically not dynamic or customisable, it could <famous last words>potentially be quite easy...</famous last words>)
@Mike_Doc - Short answer: No.

Long answer: The widgets all use Skin Shortcuts template feature, which means they're all loaded in the background when the home page is opened (makes for far quicker switching between widgets, better animation options than the old method to do what we're doing with widgets, and so on.) And once they're loaded, they're loaded. Only when the home page is re-opened are they re-loaded, and so the random order changes.

What is technically possible, though honestly its beyond my own abilities to code up (not least because the widget lists share an ID) is using the inbuilt function Container.Refresh to reload them. Not sure how you would trigger that, or how you'd identify individual lists to refresh, though...

The alternative is not to implement them via the templates - then the list would be reloaded every time its displayed. But the time taken to display the widgets would be a lot slower, and the animation options hiding/showing the widgets are a lot less.
Bob,

minor bugs, attempting to test ever single widget and combination - I may be a while.

Daily Babe & Daily Babes widgets just display a black screen when you click on a widget entry.
Movies widgets 'In Theaters' mispelt.

Off testing again.
Thanks for the info Bob, no biggie really just wondered and the Container.Refresh sounds complicated right now.

Just found that artwork, Poster or Fanart tried, for In Theaters widget is not working.

Can someome please try the trending movies widget, when I select a film extendedinfo comes up but the poster on the left is never displayed for me?

Mike.
Typo fixed Smile

The daily babe/babes widgets are provided by the extended info script. When running that directly through pictures addons the images fail to display, so its likely a bug in that script. If and when I get chance, I'll see if its something I can fix myself and PR, otherwise Phil would need to be informed Smile

Widget artwork issues I defer to Mr. V Big Grin
Thanks,

Also for Mr. V, widgets sets with extended panel on focus - info panel shows no set info i.e. films in the set etc. etc.? What should it do Mr. V?
(2016-01-02, 20:02)BobCratchett Wrote: Can I ask a couple of questions about the mixed widgets, from those of you who have actually used them Smile

Just want to confirm the navigation - left and right between the three different lists (which I presume used to autoscroll between the different items available), a click opens up a separate display where all the items are shown...?

As regards look and feel, there are no choices in panel background, artwork, etc?

Everyone happy with the contents of the three lists? (Thats to say, if I implement them exactly as is, with no choice to change what appears in the three lists, people will be happy...?)

(Not that I'm going to start on this tonight, but I want to get it clear in my head what I'm going to be coding up before I start - and if its as-I-think-it-is, as its basically not dynamic or customisable, it could <famous last words>potentially be quite easy...</famous last words>)

well, i dont realy use it much, but i have always some problems with the usage tbh Wink
when i move to a field with a mouse, i can scroll through the movies - when i just use the keyboard, i can "just" switch between this three fields

maybe the guys who are using this widget more then me can post their wishes too but for me it would be cool if we have something like this:
3 fields ( all the same in landscape size )
left field= recent added movies
middle field= recommended movies
right field= random movies

or something like this - the cherry on the cake would be maybe an autoscroll through the movies ... and when you click on that field, you get the ... dont know 25 entrys or 10 or dont know Smile
so you will get one widget with infos from 3 single widgets Wink
but thats just my idea... the guys who are using this mixed widgets should post their wishes

i hope i can test a bit later, but i dont feel real good atm, so i need a break first

thx guys
schimi

EDIT:
please can someone test MUSIC-RECENT ALBUMS widget please ? i try now the third time and always get this mixed result ive posted before ( 3 times with fresh database and fresh added etc... always the same mixed up problem ) - thx
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Question on infolines,

Is it possible to add a visibility condition to only show In Progress when no# in progress > 0. The infoline scrolls with in progress as a constant and in the past it would only display in progress when > 0 otherwise infoline was just Total, watched, unwatched.
@Mike_Doc - removed the in progress when not 0 for Movie and Music Video Playlist infolines - let me know if it needs removing on any others. And please keep these nice simple bugs coming Smile Hopefully, at this rate, it'll be in good shape when its PR'd over to you.
(2016-01-02, 20:13)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks for the info Bob, no biggie really just wondered and the Container.Refresh sounds complicated right now.

Just found that artwork, Poster or Fanart tried, for In Theaters widget is not working.

Can someome please try the trending movies widget, when I select a film extendedinfo comes up but the poster on the left is never displayed for me?

Mike.

Good afternoon Mike,

I have both In Theaters and Trending Movies as widgets and the both work fine for me. I am using posters as artwork for In Theaters, and when I select a film in Trending Movies, extendedinfo brings up the correct information, including the poster.

If it helps, I am running latest Jarvis nightly under Windows 10, and latest extendedinfo from Phil's GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-02, 21:10)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mike_Doc - removed the in progress when not 0 for Movie and Music Video Playlist infolines - let me know if it needs removing on any others. And please keep these nice simple bugs coming Smile Hopefully, at this rate, it'll be in good shape when its PR'd over to you.

Bob,

There is an issue with your latest fix, as no infolines are shown now for movie playlists. Could you please take a look? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - working fine here and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the code. Can you please confirm it works for you with this commit, and can anyone else confirm its broken for them?

Edit:- Spotted a mistake in the labels when there's no in progress, but I'm still confident that the changes themselves shouldn't have broken the infolines...
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39