• 222(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
For those who have been following along with the skinshortcuts-dev branch, script.skinshortcuts has now been updated on the repo and so the git version is no longer required (though it may take anything up to 24 hours for it to propagate to your local mirror.)

Edit:- And if you are testing, and fancy testing a little bit more... the new version of script.skinshortcuts supports a context menu add-on - here - which I don't want to push to the repo until it's been fully tested. With it, you can add pretty much any folder - library nodes, add-on nodes, playlists, etc - to your main menu directly from the context menu. If the folder has sub-folders (like the video 'Movies' node has 'Title', 'Genre' and so on within it), you can also auto-populate a submenu with them. Any testing and feedback on it would be appreciated Smile
Sir Bob ! Great news ! Will be happily testing the context menu addon. Would these added items be available for Widgets ? I guess thats what I can test and report back on .And on testing note I see that you have already started work on Krypton.. Might give that a try as well !
Cheers
Nope, not available for widgets. There are too many different ways that skins can implement widgets (some may not support widgets at all, some may still be on the pre-312 method of widgets, others have specific requirements (like MadNox requires the custom widgetStyle property), and skins can support as many or as few widgets as possible. Combine all of that with the fact that I can't put checks in to the context menu to only show what is supported without loosing the menu entirely on a SkinReload() (which skin shortcuts does after it builds the menu) and it's a non-starter Sad

Regarding the skinshortcuts-krypton branch, I'll put here what I put in the git discussion about it:-

(1) it's not in any way an official port of MadNox to Krypton - I use Krypton so I've made the basic changes to make testing easier for me. It's up to Team MadNox to lead any port to Krypton should they decide to support it. (Though I believe it is in their plans to do, and they are more than welcome to use my changes if they desire)
(2) skinshortcuts-dev is still where dev will take place. I'll cherry-pick commits when I see them, but it will be behind the main dev branch.
(3) It's not necessarily a good port to Krypton - it's about getting it working so I can test Mr. V's widgets, not getting it working so it works well.
And Thanks for making it clear. Context menu Addon sounds just right even without any widget support.
Of Course I will be on Jarvis with shortcuts -dev branch for my main day to day use, but will install krypton to test separately.
many thanks for your work Sir Bob !
(2016-02-11, 21:55)BobCratchett Wrote: For those who have been following along with the skinshortcuts-dev branch, script.skinshortcuts has now been updated on the repo and so the git version is no longer required (though it may take anything up to 24 hours for it to propagate to your local mirror.)

Edit:- And if you are testing, and fancy testing a little bit more... the new version of script.skinshortcuts supports a context menu add-on - here - which I don't want to push to the repo until it's been fully tested. With it, you can add pretty much any folder - library nodes, add-on nodes, playlists, etc - to your main menu directly from the context menu. If the folder has sub-folders (like the video 'Movies' node has 'Title', 'Genre' and so on within it), you can also auto-populate a submenu with them. Any testing and feedback on it would be appreciated Smile

just tested your context addon... SIR ... you have realy great ideas sir ! - that is realy helpfull !!! and works realy nice here on my first (short) test !
well done work Grandpa Smile ... i am very proud of your help here and what you did for the whole KODI Comunity - all your work makes KODI much better

THX BOB !
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Hi guys,
Anyone knows why the Extendedinfo script not have support for discart (disc.png)? That would be great if it positioned just below of logo.png
Hello dev/gfx team:

I just installed Kodi Jarvis RC3 and the skinshortcuts-dev branch of MadNox from scratch today. I am seeing this in my log, and thought I would bring it up to your attention, since it looks like it could be a bug:

Code:
13:47:55 T:10288 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[StudioImageVar] is not defined
13:47:55 T:10288   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
13:47:55 T:10288   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:47:55 T:10288 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[StudioImageVar] is not defined
13:47:55 T:10288 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:47:55 T:10288   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
13:47:56 T:11120  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
13:48:28 T:6832   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 111
13:48:28 T:6832   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 309
13:48:28 T:6492   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
13:48:28 T:6492   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
13:48:34 T:10288 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:48:34 T:10288   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:48:44 T:10288 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:48:54 T:10288 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:48:54 T:10288   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:48:55 T:10288 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:48:55 T:10288   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13002 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:49:01 T:10288 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:49:01 T:10288   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Please let me know if you would like me to submit a full debug log. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the feedback on the context menu add-on so far Smile

@bsoriano - I'll find where we've removed $VAR[StudioImageVar] and re-add it Smile The non-existent controls (assuming that's from when you launching the Skin Shortcuts management dialog) are nothing to worry about - Skin Shortcuts tries to set the label of various controls, and its noticeably quicker and easier to try and let it fail than to check the controls exist first. The control type 1 + control 6 in window 1300x I'm presuming comes from trying to select a shortcut/widget via the management dialog. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it but I suspect not as Skin Shortcuts abuses the select dialog in order to show images. If I'm right about what you were doing when they showed, then don't worry about them unless the select dialog isn't working Smile

Thanks for the bug report as always Smile
@Bob,

StudioImageVar is something new that I may have pushed by accident, it should be in variables near the bottom if that helps.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mr Doc, there's a <variable name="ShiftStudioImageVar"> but no <variable name="StudioImageVar"> - should the $VAR[StudioImageVar]'s should be using the former?
Sir Bob,

It's a brand new var as part of some new stuff I have lined up, it's connected to using the new resources for studio logos in an attempt to start to slim line the size of Madnox.

This is the var:

Code:
<variable name="StudioImageVar">
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio) + !Skin.HasSetting(StudiosColorFlag)">$INFO[ListItem.Studio,resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio) + Skin.HasSetting(StudiosColorFlag)">$INFO[ListItem.Studio,resource://resource.images.studios.coloured/,.png]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(studios) + !Stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(StudiosColorFlag)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(studios) + !Stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + Skin.HasSetting(StudiosColorFlag)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.studios.coloured/,.png]</value>
        <value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">overlays/showcase/set.png</value>
        <value condition="!Stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </variable>

Just add it to variables.xml when you get a chance.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-12, 21:44)BobCratchett Wrote: Thanks for the feedback on the context menu add-on so far Smile

@bsoriano - I'll find where we've removed $VAR[StudioImageVar] and re-add it Smile The non-existent controls (assuming that's from when you launching the Skin Shortcuts management dialog) are nothing to worry about - Skin Shortcuts tries to set the label of various controls, and its noticeably quicker and easier to try and let it fail than to check the controls exist first. The control type 1 + control 6 in window 1300x I'm presuming comes from trying to select a shortcut/widget via the management dialog. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it but I suspect not as Skin Shortcuts abuses the select dialog in order to show images. If I'm right about what you were doing when they showed, then don't worry about them unless the select dialog isn't working Smile

Thanks for the bug report as always Smile

Thanks Bob, I will ignore then.
With this latest batch of updates I'm seeing a lot of changes! I'm loving what you did with the quick-menu, I had no idea this was even possible! Also, there are changes with the Music OSD, I now get accurate information loaded in the panels (even discography for some pretty unknown artists!), and they seem to have become less sensitive to my mouse. Terrific!

Now, in relation to the music playback, I have a question. What's the difference between the "add-on" and "extra-fanart" options in the Home Now Playing settings? It seems to me that add-on just displays the extra-fanart I have in my folders, while the extra-fanart option displays nothing. Also, when I'm browsing other things while the music is playing, only the visualisation (waveform) is active, but not the artist background/fanart, no matter what setting is chosen in the Music OSD panel. Is this a bug, or feature?

And speaking of features, what exactly is the "featured window", when and where does it appear? I don't think I've ever seen it in action, only in the preview when setting it up.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2016-02-13, 12:10)Alanon Wrote: Also, there are changes with the Music OSD, I now get accurate information loaded in the panels (even discography for some pretty unknown artists!), and they seem to have become less sensitive to my mouse. Terrific!

First time you've had Extended Info script installed...? (There's been no code changes to the info panels in the music osd as far as I know Wink)

(2016-02-13, 12:10)Alanon Wrote: Also, when I'm browsing other things while the music is playing, only the visualisation (waveform) is active, but not the artist background/fanart, no matter what setting is chosen in the Music OSD panel. Is this a bug, or feature?

I'm going to go with feature, as it appears to work the same in current MadNox, and the work on the music vis backgrounds has just been fixing what has been broken. If it works differently in current MadNox, let me know the settings to enable so I can reproduce it, and I'll try to fix that too.

(2016-02-13, 12:10)Alanon Wrote: And speaking of features, what exactly is the "featured window", when and where does it appear? I don't think I've ever seen it in action, only in the preview when setting it up.

Skin Settings > Customisers > General Main Menu Settings > Activate Bottom Menu (make sure it's enabled). Then on the home screen, push down to the bottom menu and click 'Featured'.
(2016-02-13, 12:25)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 12:10)Alanon Wrote: Also, there are changes with the Music OSD, I now get accurate information loaded in the panels (even discography for some pretty unknown artists!), and they seem to have become less sensitive to my mouse. Terrific!

First time you've had Extended Info script installed...? (There's been no code changes to the info panels in the music osd as far as I know Wink)

Hmm, not really, extendedinfo has been with me from day one, but the darn panels in the osd simply stood there empty every time I would scroll through them. Only a few artists actually worked, and even when they did, discography was never working, so I had just assumed that it was either old code or that I was listening to a lot of little known stuff. Huh

But this morning I fire it up, and it starts loading everything!

Must've been gremlins. Tongue
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39