• 321(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Should be easy enough to create a playlist for that - order by "dateadded", with the rule "playcount" "is" "0".
Ive FINALLY gotten round (ok, was forced basically cos got two new system upgrades that wouldn't play nice with older versions of Kodi) to upgrading from Helix straight to Jarvis, & was overjoyed to see this skin.

I LOVED Shednox & was dreading having to use another skin, & I cant believe the amount of work that's gone into this. Thank you so so much for all your hard work & time, it's massively appreciated. This actually performs better in a few areas, most notably episode view, as the episode view on shednox would invariably stop displaying the posters randomly. If you have a 'Buy the developer a beer fund', point me to it, you can have a cold one on me!

I've answered one of my queries by searching the thread (library stats panel wasn't there, I had missed the fact you configure it yourself in customise main menu, sorted now though!).

My second query I cant find an answer to by searching, so my apologies if I've missed it.

In Shednox Helix there was a background wallpaper view I used called 'Live DVD case' & 'Live CD Case', but I cant find it on this version? Is it just not included, or have I missed an add on that's required for it?

Incidentally, I cant see a 'random music fanart' background option either, the movie & episode ones are there, but no music equivalent.

In case it matters, I'm running Openelec latest beta (Kodi 16.1) on an Athlon 5350 based system running from an ubuntu server with MySql database, & I upgraded from Helix to Openelec latest stable first.
(2016-05-03, 14:07)sarlan19 Wrote: Anyone experiencing this ?

Any clue on what to do to make the problem go away.

(2016-04-25, 23:38)sarlan19 Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 01:46)sarlan19 Wrote: I have a problem with widget for Tv Shows

in the settings I select "recently added episode" or "Recent episodes", I choose my widget option and no matter what they are always random in the widget on the main menu

I have the latest skin helper from git and latest madnox

NOTE : the pictures show that I selected Random episodes. It's not the case :-) was too eager to screenshot

anyhelp with that ? I updated with the latest skin shortcuts from git but I still have that problem

i am using special playlists for my widgets - but i crosscheck with the default options:

Recent Episodes ( Library Data Provider ) - gives me the exact same results like my playlists - shows me the right order and the right Episodes >>> Perfect choice

Recently Added Episodes ( KODI ) - gives me not the exact same results - seems like this option needs more time to delete the already watched episodes !!! >>> better choose Recent Episodes Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
@bob @schimi2k

Thanks for your answers. I'm at work now (I know, life right?) I'll check tonight if I can fix it and I'll report back.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(2016-05-03, 18:39)FoxForceFive Wrote: Ive FINALLY gotten round (ok, was forced basically cos got two new system upgrades that wouldn't play nice with older versions of Kodi) to upgrading from Helix straight to Jarvis, & was overjoyed to see this skin.

I LOVED Shednox & was dreading having to use another skin, & I cant believe the amount of work that's gone into this. Thank you so so much for all your hard work & time, it's massively appreciated. This actually performs better in a few areas, most notably episode view, as the episode view on shednox would invariably stop displaying the posters randomly. If you have a 'Buy the developer a beer fund', point me to it, you can have a cold one on me!

I've answered one of my queries by searching the thread (library stats panel wasn't there, I had missed the fact you configure it yourself in customise main menu, sorted now though!).

My second query I cant find an answer to by searching, so my apologies if I've missed it.

In Shednox Helix there was a background wallpaper view I used called 'Live DVD case' & 'Live CD Case', but I cant find it on this version? Is it just not included, or have I missed an add on that's required for it?

I think you should make a playlist of the movies you want - if you want to show all movies you have, just make a playlist wothout any rules and set type to "movies" - give it a name and done Wink
then choose backround for the menuitem you want in "setup madnox main menu" - scroll down ( a lot ^^ ) until you see your new generated playlist ( LIVE-Videoplaylist ... ) and select a special backround if you want and the cases and the order etc - this should work

Incidentally, I cant see a 'random music fanart' background option either, the movie & episode ones are there, but no music equivalent.

I think this was fixed 1 or 2 days ago Wink

In case it matters, I'm running Openelec latest beta (Kodi 16.1) on an Athlon 5350 based system running from an ubuntu server with MySql database, & I upgraded from Helix to Openelec latest stable first.

you heard of LIBRE ELEC ? maybe you should take a look
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Thanks, that solves the movie one, kinda.

The TV episode is the one I'm most keen on though. I used to have the background on TV shows set to "latest episodes" which I found ace cos it meant I could see at a glance what episodes had just aired, without having any intrusive widgets on screen (I'm really not a fan of widgets at all).

Will have a look at libre elec, last time I looked at their site they had only a very basic beta online.
I jst have a quick and simple question that why widgets dont auto update they just static I just updated to latest version and old versions before MR V widgets implementation widgets used to update every 5 secs now they just static there is no option anywhere to set a time to update homescreen widgets also even after playing a movie im seeing same widgets on homescreen no updates no movements . Really annoying indeed Can someone please help on this matter Thanks
(2016-05-03, 20:57)Razieal Wrote: I jst have a quick and simple question that why widgets dont auto update they just static I just updated to latest version and old versions before MR V widgets implementation widgets used to update every 5 secs now they just static there is no option anywhere to set a time to update homescreen widgets also even after playing a movie im seeing same widgets on homescreen no updates no movements . Really annoying indeed Can someone please help on this matter Thanks

I have the same problem with the live background...
(2016-05-03, 20:57)Razieal Wrote: I jst have a quick and simple question that why widgets dont auto update they just static I just updated to latest version and old versions before MR V widgets implementation widgets used to update every 5 secs now they just static there is no option anywhere to set a time to update homescreen widgets also even after playing a movie im seeing same widgets on homescreen no updates no movements . Really annoying indeed Can someone please help on this matter Thanks

Even after playing media still seeing same widgets on homescreen that defeats the whole purpose of having widgets if they are not going to auto update
(2016-05-03, 21:15)Razieal Wrote:

Even after playing media still seeing same widgets on homescreen that defeats the whole purpose of having widgets if they are not going to auto update

When script.skinshortcuts v1.0.8 hits the repo (hopefully will be submitted in the next few days) and your system has updated to it, recreate any widgets provided by addons - that version of the script adds a reload property to all such widgets which will cause them to reload after media playback ends. The reload property is ultimately set by the Skin Helper Service, so will require that addon to be installed for the reload parameter to have any effect, and this change will only affect widgets which are set to addon nodes and only when they are recreated.

(Note that most of the widgets selectable by default - most notably those provided by Skin Helper and Library Data Provider - already have a reload parameter. This is for addons that you have browsed and selected a node to use as a widget)
Ok, I mentioned earlier that there wasn't a random album background. I was wrong, there is, & I do like them, but prefer the older style larger cover background.

I've just started playing around with the plethora of live backgrounds, it's exceptional how many there are. The 'in progress episodes' live background is exactly what I'm after, only with recent episodes & posters.

Is it safe to assume that this list of live backgrounds will keep growing & at some point the random album covers, random movie posters, & recent episode posters options will be added to this live style or is that it now?
(2016-05-03, 21:23)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:15)Razieal Wrote:

When script.skinshortcuts v1.0.8 hits the repo (hopefully will be submitted in the next few days) and your system has updated to it, recreate any widgets provided by addons - that version of the script adds a reload property to all such widgets which will cause them to reload after media playback ends. The reload property is ultimately set by the Skin Helper Service, so will require that addon to be installed for the reload parameter to have any effect, and this change will only affect widgets which are set to addon nodes and only when they are recreated.

(Note that most of the widgets selectable by default - most notably those provided by Skin Helper and Library Data Provider - already have a reload parameter. This is for addons that you have browsed and selected a node to use as a widget)

Great. Will the covers also be updated, when a movie was played or the library was updated (with mysql)?
(2016-05-03, 21:55)Slipass Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:23)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:15)Razieal Wrote: Even after playing media still seeing same widgets on homescreen that defeats the whole purpose of having widgets if they are not going to auto update

Great. Will the covers also be updated, when a movie was played or the library was updated (with mysql)?

That's up to the widget provider - the reload parameter just tricks Kodi into reloading the widget. If you're using a central mysql library, this won't trigger a reload if something is watched or the library updated by another machine. As far as I am aware, there's no way for a script to know that that's happened, and so Skin Helper won't know to update its reload parameter.

You could consider using a different reload parameter in this case - Skin Helper has one that will cause the widget to reload every 10 minutes. Again, this required 1.0.8 of the script, but once you've set the widget, choose the button to set it again but this time scroll to the bottom of the list and there's an entry there (I can't honestly remember what we called it - 'Custom Item' possibly, if we were just reusing existing strings) which will allow you to manually edit the widget path and so change the reload parameter.
Well I guess something is messing up my recently added episode node Sad as the order there is the same as the widget but it doesn't update when I add new episodes.

Before a clean install is there something I can do to try to fix this ?

(2016-05-03, 16:59)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 14:07)sarlan19 Wrote: Anyone experiencing this ?

Any clue on what to do to make the problem go away.

(2016-04-25, 23:38)sarlan19 Wrote: anyhelp with that ? I updated with the latest skin shortcuts from git but I still have that problem

My only suggestion would be to not select any ordering for the widgets in the management dialog - both are provided by scripts (library data provider and skin helper), and they'll take care of the ordering of the episodes. I'm struggling to get near a proper computer for the next couple of days, but when I get the opportunity I'll grab out the links you can put directly into the action of a menu item to view the widget providers in the normal library view - if they're mis-ordered there, then the widget providers themselves aren't returning the items in the correct order; if they're not, then there's some setting in your install somewhere which is messing up the order when displaying in the widgets...

Edit: My mistake, Recently Added Episodes is actually provided directly by Kodi from the library path videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/ - unless you've modded your library nodes, you can browse to this directly in the video library (it's linked to the Recently Added Episodes node in the root of the library) and check how the episodes are ordered there.
Hello Madnox devs,

I have a request. I have the Poster option enabled in the Episode view. It looks kind of funny having the clearlogo directly above it, when the show's logo is (usually) in the poster too.

Could you please add an option to disable clearlogo in Episode view?

Thanks!
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39