• 322(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-05-03, 21:23)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:15)Razieal Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 20:57)Razieal Wrote: I jst have a quick and simple question that why widgets dont auto update they just static I just updated to latest version and old versions before MR V widgets implementation widgets used to update every 5 secs now they just static there is no option anywhere to set a time to update homescreen widgets also even after playing a movie im seeing same widgets on homescreen no updates no movements . Really annoying indeed Can someone please help on this matter Thanks

Even after playing media still seeing same widgets on homescreen that defeats the whole purpose of having widgets if they are not going to auto update

When script.skinshortcuts v1.0.8 hits the repo (hopefully will be submitted in the next few days) and your system has updated to it, recreate any widgets provided by addons - that version of the script adds a reload property to all such widgets which will cause them to reload after media playback ends. The reload property is ultimately set by the Skin Helper Service, so will require that addon to be installed for the reload parameter to have any effect, and this change will only affect widgets which are set to addon nodes and only when they are recreated.

(Note that most of the widgets selectable by default - most notably those provided by Skin Helper and Library Data Provider - already have a reload parameter. This is for addons that you have browsed and selected a node to use as a widget)
I have installed 1.0.8 git version actually wrote this post about static widgets after trying on1.0.8 version but nothing changed widgets still static
(2016-05-04, 07:56)Razieal Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:23)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:15)Razieal Wrote: Even after playing media still seeing same widgets on homescreen that defeats the whole purpose of having widgets if they are not going to auto update

When script.skinshortcuts v1.0.8 hits the repo (hopefully will be submitted in the next few days) and your system has updated to it, recreate any widgets provided by addons - that version of the script adds a reload property to all such widgets which will cause them to reload after media playback ends. The reload property is ultimately set by the Skin Helper Service, so will require that addon to be installed for the reload parameter to have any effect, and this change will only affect widgets which are set to addon nodes and only when they are recreated.

(Note that most of the widgets selectable by default - most notably those provided by Skin Helper and Library Data Provider - already have a reload parameter. This is for addons that you have browsed and selected a node to use as a widget)
I have installed 1.0.8 git version actually wrote this post about static widgets after trying on1.0.8 version but nothing changed widgets still static

Just to be clear, by "static widgets still static", you mean that the widgets still don't reload after media playback ends? (I want to be clear as your original post seemed unclear on whether that was your only issue, or if you also has a problem with the widgets not auto-scrolling.)

If that's the case, the most likely possibilities are:
  1. You don't have the skin helper script installed
  2. The widget isn't provided by a plugin node (or is provided by the extended info script, which breaks if a reload parameter is added to it)
  3. The script isn't adding the property correctly
  4. You are using an older version of 1.0.8 (the version number hasn't been bumped on git since we started updating the script two month ago), or you haven't installed it correct (it can happen that Kodi gets confused about what version it has installed if the zip is downloaded from git and then installed by 'Install from zip file').

The third and fourth can both be checked by manually editing the widget path within the menu editor - just select the choose widget button again, and choose the last item in the list (probably 'Custom Item', but I forget what we labelled it). At the end of the path should be either a ? or a &, depending if the path already has any parameters, followed by:

Code:
reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]
@Bob, is the space in 'widget reload' required?

Just checked my includes and I have the code on some widgets but it is 'wdigetreload'? Some others have values like 'randomalbums', 'randommovies' etc.

some examples from my SSS includes:

Code:
Line 3313:                     <content sortby="dateAdded" sortorder="descending" target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentalbums)]</content>
Line 3410:                     <content sortby="dateAdded" sortorder="descending" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentmovies)]</content>
Line 3507:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]</content>
Line 4089:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="video">plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=nextairedtvshows&amp;limit=25&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</content>
Line 4186:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="video">plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=recommendedmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</content>
Line 4678:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomalbums)]</content>
Line 4775:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]</content>
Line 4872:                     <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]</content>

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
The space was added to my post courtesy of autocorrect - thanks for the spot, I'll edit the post accordingly Smile

(The randommovies, randomepisodes are the library data providers own reload parameter, and ensure those widgets are refreshed as soon as the script has regenerated them.)
maybe i can give a small advice...

i am using for all my "collection based" stuff just PLAYLISTS !
playlist for main menu items and also playlists for the widgets i use for my collections ( recent added movies, recent added episodes )
all with playcount less than 1

i have the full controll what i want to see and what should i say - it worked !
when i play a movie and finish it - KAPOWWWW - not anymore in my widget
i watched an episode - KAPOWWWW - not anymore in my widget

i use EMBER command for every 30 Minutes to check my collection and when ember found a new content - ember scrape it ( movie or episode ) and send a synch to kodi and KAPOWWWW - i saw it in my widgets - same happen when i manualy refresh my database too

so if someone have problems with the default Kodi or LDP "provider" should test with playlists - making a playlist is easy like to swing a lightsaber ! and with playlists YOU have control over the stuff you wanna see
i was to make a tutorial with this tip, but again there where too many questions about things i already answer on first page, so i save my time with making tutorials...
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Same as schimi, I'm using playlist and my widgets update after watching a episode
Hello guys,

how can I get the blur effect on the right side of the DialogVideoInfo.xml? Left side is the movie cover, right side are infos to the movie...an the background ist black...

thanks for helping me
(2016-05-04, 12:56)meowmoo Wrote: Same as schimi, I'm using playlist and my widgets update after watching a episode

Could you share a screenshot of the rules of that playlist please ?

I tried a couple of things with no luck.

I think I'll be forced to do a clean install again.....
(2016-05-04, 12:56)meowmoo Wrote: Same as schimi, I'm using playlist and my widgets update after watching a episode

It works for me by movies but not for episodes.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>10 Episoden</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
<value>0</value>
</rule>
<limit>10</limit>
<order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>
I post them when I'm home

Maby tell me what exactly you wanna see in you widget Smile
I want to see the last added episodes. So when I add one to the library it gets added on the first spot in the widget. When I watch it i'd like to see it gone from the widget. This used to work flawlessly before. Now it doesn't :-(

I just did a clean install and rebuild my widgets with the same result. I tried to add an episode and it doesn't show in the "recent episode" playlist in "library". On the tv show the flag for new episode is not there too.

Thanks for your time

(2016-05-04, 17:58)meowmoo Wrote: I post them when I'm home

(2016-05-04, 17:58)meowmoo Wrote: I post them when I'm home

My wish: Smile
A playlist for my livebackground on submenue

Only for Comedy Series: (the series lie on a special path on a server)
Only the last 10 added episodes form the series
Sorted by date added

My problem here: When i watched a episode, my databases crashes and only a restart from the windows 10 server helps.
I worte with schimi about the problem but we cant find the failure. Sad
The failure is only by episodes and only, when i select a special path.
I have separated folders for the series (cartoon, comedy, drama.....)
(2016-05-04, 17:48)Slipass Wrote:

It works for me by movies but not for episodes.

<name>10 Episoden</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
<value>0</value>
</rule>
<limit>10</limit>
</smartplaylist>

i have my SERIES Widget Playlist like this:

Code:
    <name>SERIEN-WIDGET</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="isnot">
        <value>Animation</value>
        <value>Anime</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
</smartplaylist>

the rulefield for genre animation and anime is to seperate my animation and anime series from the regular ones - work also perfectly Wink
and with this settings i see new episodes on the left side and when i watch a episode it dissapear from that widget
( on my Pi it took maybe 15 seconds - on my windows player just a cpl of seconds max )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
I don't think the problem is with playlist. I think it has to do with Kodi not picking up the last episode added as a new episode. Even in confluence my "recently added" episode is messed up.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
When I add my own images as background they appear to be 'zoomed in' for want of a better word.

It's like the background isn't scaling?

If that's the case is it an easy fix or should I resize my background images as a 'dirty fix'?

If you're unsure what I mean I can provide screenshots as examples (not at my htpc right now).
  • 322(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39