• 357(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
ok...
i delete settings - start madnox - do the "silvo-shuffle" ( movieinfo>Music ) - Backround IS THERE !
restart kodi - Silvo-shuffle - Backround is there !
delete settings again - start madnox - silvo shuffle - backround is there ... etc

i think i did it 6times - always with backround behind list Smile ... nice !

just notice missing backround on topbar ( breadcrumbs bar on top ) and no beackrpund behind power popup menu ...but you write in git its not done Wink so i think its not done yet hehe

dont know what you do... but is this maybe a solution for the dissapearing textures mate Huh
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-06-29, 21:02)schimi2k Wrote: ok...
i delete settings - start madnox - do the "silvo-shuffle" ( movieinfo>Music ) - Backround IS THERE !
restart kodi - Silvo-shuffle - Backround is there !
delete settings again - start madnox - silvo shuffle - backround is there ... etc

i think i did it 6times - always with backround behind list Smile ... nice !

just notice missing backround on topbar ( breadcrumbs bar on top ) and no beackrpund behind power popup menu ...but you write in git its not done Wink so i think its not done yet hehe

dont know what you do... but is this maybe a solution for the dissapearing textures mate Huh
I think it might be Cool probably not a cure all but after I am done (will take some time to complete) let's see what is still broken and go from there.
Sometime there are some strange quirks to the skinning engine... Wink
HA ! i think i have fix the powerbackround with your method too !!!!!!

I AM A SKILLED SKINNER TOO NOW !!! hehe

i think its not so easy to just replace this:

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ShutdownTopVar]</texture>
<colordiffuse>$VAR[SpotColorVar2]</colordiffuse>

with this:
Code:
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[SpotColorVar2]">$VAR[ShutdownTopVar]</texture>

but it works maybe accidental with the power popup menu hehe ...

if this is what we have to do, maybe you can tell me what .xml files i should try to fix maybe to help you ?

and again... its great to have you in our family man Smile THX

EDIT: too early ^^ after a restart and the silvo shuffle the powermenu backround is back again Sad ... so i am not a skilled skinner ...sniff hehe - but the music backround was still there Wink
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

If that's all it takes to fix the disappearing backgrounds then (a) this may go down as the most annoying quirk of the skinning engine I've yet seen and (b) huge kudos to you for figuring out the workaround.
maybe its an early christmas miracle ? hehe

(2016-06-29, 21:12)schimi2k Wrote: HA ! i think i have fix the powerbackround with your method too !!!!!!

I AM A SKILLED SKINNER TOO NOW !!! hehe

i think its not so easy to just replace this:

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ShutdownTopVar]</texture>
<colordiffuse>$VAR[SpotColorVar2]</colordiffuse>

with this:
Code:
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[SpotColorVar2]">$VAR[ShutdownTopVar]</texture>

but it works maybe accidental with the power popup menu hehe ...

if this is what we have to do, maybe you can tell me what .xml files i should try to fix maybe to help you ?

and again... its great to have you in our family man Smile THX
Not accidental that's the magic! Tongue
(2016-06-29, 21:12)BobCratchett Wrote: If that's all it takes to fix the disappearing backgrounds then (a) this may go down as the most annoying quirk of the skinning engine I've yet seen and (b) huge kudos to you for figuring out the workaround.
Honestly the most annoying part was finding a way to reproduce 100% of the time. It just seemed random.

I noticed a similar thing when trying to add COLOR formatting using a VAR inside an INFO label using prefix,postfix but it not working unless it was outside.

I don't know if it is the fix but it could be Smile
Check my edit hehe... No magic for me

(2016-06-29, 21:42)schimi2k Wrote: Check my edit hehe... No magic for me
Check my last commit... Magic!

Hopefully Confused
If this will be THE FIX i will call you mike copperfield... Or mike houdini... Or harry silvo...

(2016-06-29, 22:03)schimi2k Wrote: If this will be THE FIX i will call you mike copperfield... Or mike houdini... Or harry silvo...
Check the language flag issue you mentioned. I just got rid of script.videolanguage support and switched to use the built in ListItem.Properties instead.
Hey MikeSilvo,
is it possible, its a problem when the texture is also a variable ? i have problems with some dialog windows - better say the top and bottom images

Code:
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[SpotColorVar2]">$VAR[ContextTopVar]</texture>

this variable manage if we use a glow or not - and choose the right image for it ... maybe on those cases we need to "fix" it differently ?

lets do some magic houdini hihi Wink
thx

Sorry I haven't been around much chaps and not seeming to do very much. Did start with the infobools but tried to do too much at once and messed up the xmls so had to scrap it all. I'm taking next week off and not planning to do anything other than work on Madnox for Krypton and Jarvis. I'll try and do what I can, right now that feels like not much at all from useless me!!!

Be really annoying if the colordiffuse is the textures issue but as you can reproduce in confluence then I think the limit on properties is still an issue as well for other things?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-06-30, 10:47)Mike_Doc Wrote: Sorry I haven't been around much chaps and not seeming to do very much. Did start with the infobools but tried to do too much at once and messed up the xmls so had to scrap it all. I'm taking next week off and not planning to do anything other than work on Madnox for Krypton and Jarvis. I'll try and do what I can, right now that feels like not much at all from useless me!!!

Be really annoying if the colordiffuse is the textures issue but as you can reproduce in confluence then I think the limit on properties is still an issue as well for other things?

please mike... NO SORRY !!!
we are a TEAM here ... and we all do what we can Smile ( useless... pfff come on Wink )

so take a drink, relax, and enjoy the Teamwork Smile ( familywork ) ... you have to learn to take some help sometimes, like i had to learn it a cpl of years ago ...
cheerz mate

(2016-06-29, 22:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 22:03)schimi2k Wrote: If this will be THE FIX i will call you mike copperfield... Or mike houdini... Or harry silvo...
Check the language flag issue you mentioned. I just got rid of script.videolanguage support and switched to use the built in ListItem.Properties instead.

Nice one Smile its working again... ( and one less addon needed ^^ )
i test today with clean database and fresh added content - those weird discart problem is still there... but i think we should put it at the bottom at the todo list maybe Smile
( seems not only to be a discart problem... i think krypt is handle the sets a bit different now ... got also more wrong poster )

(2016-06-30, 10:29)schimi2k Wrote: Hey MikeSilvo,
is it possible, its a problem when the texture is also a variable ? i have problems with some dialog windows - better say the top and bottom images

Code:
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[SpotColorVar2]">$VAR[ContextTopVar]</texture>

this variable manage if we use a glow or not - and choose the right image for it ... maybe on those cases we need to "fix" it differently ?

lets do some magic houdini hihi Wink
thx
Anything is possible Wink
Will have to play around with it to know for sure. Do you have any reproducible steps to make a texture using a VAR go empty so we can easily test any changes?
(2016-06-30, 10:47)Mike_Doc Wrote: Sorry I haven't been around much chaps and not seeming to do very much. Did start with the infobools but tried to do too much at once and messed up the xmls so had to scrap it all. I'm taking next week off and not planning to do anything other than work on Madnox for Krypton and Jarvis. I'll try and do what I can, right now that feels like not much at all from useless me!!!

Like schimi said... Don't be sorry, we all do this in our spare time. Plus now you know how I felt after my daughter was born and I couldn't help as much as I wanted to with the Widget update Wink

You are absolutely right about the property limit issue but perhaps, through trial and error, we can find a solution to get around some of the problems until it is fixed.
(2016-06-30, 11:14)schimi2k Wrote: Nice one Smile its working again... ( and one less addon needed ^^ )
i test today with clean database and fresh added content - those weird discart problem is still there... but i think we should put it at the bottom at the todo list maybe Smile
( seems not only to be a discart problem... i think krypt is handle the sets a bit different now ... got also more wrong poster )
Regarding discs and poster... Where my PICS atHuh Tongue
  • 357(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39