• 365(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-07-30, 13:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-07-30, 12:22)schimi2k Wrote: we want to wait until rc status... then we will see what happens Wink
I know how to fix the issues in MadNox. I have been playing around for hours and it comes down to too many VAR's in the skin. I highly doubt the situation will be improved by RC Krypton. Skin is just not optimized, there are too many VAR's with the same content but different names and too many repeated code blocks.

If you want to test the disappearing Poster in DialogVideoInfo and topbar breadcrumbs then in variables.xml delete from line 2862 down until right before the last closing </includes>. Of course this is not a solution just proof of the issue and what needs to be done to fix it.

If you guys do not care about MadNox on Krypton right now... I can leave it be Huh

Mr.Silvo Smile again i cant thank you enough...
problem is - i am not a coder ... i can do some "idiot" fixes and maybe some gfx adjustments - and i can add/change the gfx
so i have no idea what realy to do - maybe DOC have an idea ?!

i would love to see MADNOX for krypton, but if i or we cant make it... well... Sad

PS. your pms are still full mate Wink
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-07-30, 13:51)schimi2k Wrote: Mr.Silvo Smile again i cant thank you enough...
problem is - i am not a coder ... i can do some "idiot" fixes and maybe some gfx adjustments - and i can add/change the gfx
so i have no idea what realy to do - maybe DOC have an idea ?!

i would love to see MADNOX for krypton, but if i or we cant make it... well... Sad

PS. your pms are still full mate Wink
To start my suggestion would be to drop the featured dialog (1115) and recode the next aired tv guide so all those VAR's can go bye bye... Not sure if that will be enough so I am thinking after that using PARAM includes for KodiFlix and and all places fake disc is used to hopefully get rid of even more VARs. I do not know if it is just too many in the variables.xml file so perhaps placing some of the variables in some other files would work but I will test that sometime soon.

I don't think I will ever clean them out Eek I am too cool for PM's Cool Tongue
Thanks MikeS. Guess i'll need to take the variables.xml and go through it and merge cleanup etc. Etc. And then just check out vars skin wide, could never fully get my head round exactly how to use params and yeah i know it should be easy just mental block for some reason.

All my fault adding in all this stuff and not being any good at skinning. But maybe i can resolve a few things now.

Will look at featured, someone recently asked for it and i put it back in but if its causing problems then will have to see if it can be changed or dropped again?

And will check out next aired custom as well.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
that sounds like a bloody much of work buddy... if you have some "monkey work" i can help you maybe ( search & Replace stuff )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Just me thinking out loud, wouldn't it be easier to wipe the variables, and rebuild the views with the new "technology" (skinhelper)
It could be possible always goid to think out loud, but i'll take a look at variables.xml to see exactly what's in there and the see if there are new alternative solutions to VARS we have. Will try and do it ASAP.

Yes S, a lot of work but something that's always probably needed to be done and it seems it is now time. Have to sit down and try and learn more about madnox and skinning in full and rewrite / remove / cleanup the whole skin. Will give it a go but can't promise i'll succeed. Remember Madnox was born from shednox, from aeon Gotham 4.1.9 from aeon nox 4 and so on. You talked me into releasing Madnox and i don't regret it just regret that my skinning skills haven't advanced enough in the last year regardless of it being a horrible / difficult year!
(2016-07-30, 15:27)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks MikeS. Guess i'll need to take the variables.xml and go through it and merge cleanup etc. Etc. And then just check out vars skin wide, could never fully get my head round exactly how to use params and yeah i know it should be easy just mental block for some reason.

All my fault adding in all this stuff and not being any good at skinning. But maybe i can resolve a few things now.

Will look at featured, someone recently asked for it and i put it back in but if its causing problems then will have to see if it can be changed or dropped again?

And will check out next aired custom as well.

Mike.
Mr. Mike, I def know about stuff taking awhile to sink in... It took me way too long to figure out how the commas worked for prefix/postfix in INFOlabels. I just couldn't get it for some reason until it just clicked and I saw it.

Probably not the best teacher but I will give it a shot. The easiest way to explain PARAMs is to show you one I have added to MadNox:
Code:
    <include name="VideoCastItem">
        <param name="CastListItemID"/>
        <definition>
            <item>
                <label>$INFO[Container(50).ListItem($PARAM[CastListItemID]).Label]</label>
                <label2>$INFO[Container(50).ListItem($PARAM[CastListItemID]).Label2]</label2>
                <thumb>$INFO[Container(50).ListItem($PARAM[CastListItemID]).Thumb]</thumb>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container(50).ListItemNoWrap($PARAM[CastListItemID]).Label)</visible>
                <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(UseMetadataAddon)">SetProperty(Position,$PARAM[CastListItemID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(UseMetadataAddon)">SetFocus(599)</onclick>
                <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseMetadataAddon)">RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedactorinfo,name=$INFO[Container(50).Listitem($PARAM[CastListItemID]).Label])</onclick>
            </item>
        </definition>
    </include>
I use this in my own skin as well to lessen the repeated code for the content group for the Cast in DialogVideoInfo. The call to display the labels, thumb, and onclicks is:
Code:
<include content="VideoCastItem">
    <param name="CastListItemID">10</param>
</include>
Basically the param is adding the number and position of the ListItem instead of typing all the <Item> over again so what took 9 lines now only takes up 3. This is the simplest way to use it. For more advanced usage you can check RightList here. I rewrote it from scratch using PARAMs for the Item and focused layout, another example is the grouplists of extendedinfo content here and then used here.
I have done a lot of cleanup already the last few days/weeks so I would start with the latest from the krypton branch and as always my friend if you have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to ask Smile
Mike S, Mike D, schimi, meowmoo,

Tahnk you so much for working on getting MadNox to Krypton, I know I was a bit of a nuisance about this. I echo what schimi asked and I asked previously, is there some "search and replace" or other simple work I could help with? I am not a skinner (yet), but I can follow direction quite well, and I have been a coder during a lot of my work life. I would love to help out more in this endeavor. Please let me know.

If you find there is stuff I can help with, please provide me the access to contribute to Mike S's Krypton branch for MadNox.

Again, thank you all for all the time and effort you put into this.

Regards,

Bart
How or where can i find the 'feature' menu? Ive set the menus up to my liking and then i remembered about this one but i cannot find it in the settings to be able to set it as a menu item
set the action on the menu / submenu item to ActivateWindow(1147), should work.
Thanks for the offer Bart,

I'll let people know if they can help with the work we have to do for Krypton, still investigating at this time.
When setting up the main menu for movies and TV shows, for the background I used to use random movies and random TV shows background but I can't fins these in the select background list anymore. Have they been removed. Also I used to use the wallgrid but can't find this on backgrounds either.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-03-20, 11:48)schimi2k Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 02:26)_Andy_ Wrote: I don't use the latest git of Madnox so you have to modify the files manually. Maybe not the best solution but now you can change the behavior of the audio flag in all views at one point in the variables.xml
I have checked all video views and file view. The audio flag is working fine in all views so i hope i didn't miss anything.
I'm not very familiar with the conditions in skinning. Maybe there is a simpler solution. But it works.

file changes
Code:
1) Add the 3 logos to addons\skin.aeon.madnox\extras\AltIcons\color flags\flags\audio
2) variables.xml
   search for     <variable name="AudioFlagVar">
   and modify to

<variable name="AudioFlagVar">
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="PlayerAudioFlagVAR">
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,dtsx)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\dtsxlogo.png</value>
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,auro)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\aurologo.png</value>
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\dolbyatmoslogo.png</value>
        <value condition="!SubString(Player.Filename,dtsx) | !SubString(Player.Filename,auro) | !SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="FileAudioFlagVAR">
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,dtsx)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\dtsxlogo.png</value>
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,auro)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\aurologo.png</value>
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio\dolbyatmoslogo.png</value>
        <value condition="!SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,dtsx) | !SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,auro) | !SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$VAR[AudioFlagVar,,.png]</value>
    </variable>
3)  DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
    at line 407 change to
       <control type="image">
        <left>1745</left>
        <texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[PlayerAudioFlagVAR]</texture>
        <include>OSDFlagVars</include>
    </control>
4) Includes_MediaFlags.xml
    line 327,656,1162 change to
    <texture>$VAR[FileAudioFlagVAR]</texture>
5) DialogVideoInfo.xml
   line 726 change to
6) DialogSeekBar.xml
   line 875 change to
       <texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[PlayerAudioFlagVAR]</texture>
7) View_800_KodiFlix.xml
   line 3049 change to
8) View_505_BannerInfo.xml
   line 568 change to
9) View_507_FanartList.xml
   line 136 change to
10) View_700_RightList.xml
   line 494 change to
11)  View_708_Shelf.xml
    line 231,672,752,854 change to
12) View_750_Shelf.xml
    line 521 change to
I made three logos. I like them. Maybe someone can make better ones.

i will make some white versions and some colored transparent versions too Smile
EDIT:
Icons are done and pushed to git - 3x white & 3x transparent color

the code should be checked by one of the coding gurus first Smile

but thx andy

Don't know if this has been looked at yet, but... Can Andy's code for Atmos, DtsX, etc be added to git? I know the art for the flags are already in there there, Big thanks to schimi and Andy!

Edit: seems it was added, but I didn't know because it doesn't work with Kodiflix. I see the Atmos flag does show up in Landscape. Can it be made to work in Kodiflix too?
Deleted duplicate post.
This is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, that I come here to inform you that schimi2k has passed away on Aug. 2th.
He was 41 years old and an awesome guy.
I was with him pretty much every night in his IRC channel but since I have some out of town family over, I hadn't talked to him for almost 2 weeks and was looking forward to do so, tomorrow.
Now I will never be able to Sad

RIP Christian aka schimi2k aka schimster

He will be dearly missed and never forgotten Sad
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 365(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39