• 438(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2017-12-18, 17:50)Slipass Wrote:
(2017-12-16, 04:37)McButton Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 10:21)Slipass Wrote: Hi, i use madnox with the new libreelec but i have no "libreelec settings" in the system menu.
I need the libreelec settings to config my network etc.

Is it possible to activate it?
The Libreelec info should be located in the add-ons. 
If somehow you're missing it still, go to add-ons/repository and see if you see libreelec.  

Thanks McButton,

But i mean this menu point:
 Like he said its by the addons

(2017-12-18, 19:26)omittchi Wrote: Hi all. I have attempted to accomplish this on my own but have been unsuccessful. I use the low profile library view with madnox and am not fond of how movies will launch in a small window which I subsequently have to hit tab to go full screen. I would prefer all videos launch in full screen. I attempted to edit playercontrols.xml line 43-44 to be the width and height of my fullscreen resolution (3840x2160). After saving and relaunching kodi it worked on the first movie launched. But now I get a lot of undesired behavior. Is there a better way to approach this? I would also prefer true fullscreen for dsplayer and madvr for exclusive mode not just resizing a windowed view. Please advise.
 I dont think this is a skin issue, Have you tried other skins? did the video start in full screen in other skins?!
(2017-12-18, 21:46)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: Hi,

I've got a problem with logos for movies and series. I hve kodi 17.6 installed and Madnox skin, artwork downloader is configured to dowload all artwork (including logo) for movies and series.
In showcase view I enabled show logo.png instead of title but the logos still don't show up?

Posters, discart and background are shown but where are they stored? When I go to the movies folder on my drive I don't see poster.jpg or discart.jpg or any fanart??

Also when I context menu a movie and select artwork downloader:manual  I used to have the function to select what art I  want for discart, poster,... but not anymore?
 they are stored in \.kodi\userdata\Thumbnails

thre is another option, called select Artwork or so, not sure on the name, its found in the context menu --> manage --> select artwork(?)  than a window pops up show you all the art, if you click on it, it shows all available art
(2017-12-19, 00:19)meowmoo Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 21:46)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: Hi,

I've got a problem with logos for movies and series. I hve kodi 17.6 installed and Madnox skin, artwork downloader is configured to dowload all artwork (including logo) for movies and series.
In showcase view I enabled show logo.png instead of title but the logos still don't show up?

Posters, discart and background are shown but where are they stored? When I go to the movies folder on my drive I don't see poster.jpg or discart.jpg or any fanart??

Also when I context menu a movie and select artwork downloader:manual  I used to have the function to select what art I  want for discart, poster,... but not anymore?
 they are stored in \.kodi\userdata\Thumbnails

thre is another option, called select Artwork or so, not sure on the name, its found in the context menu --> manage --> select artwork(?)  than a window pops up show you all the art, if you click on it, it shows all available art  
Yeah nothing works but this has to to with an older version of artwork downloader and the tmdb movie scraper that doesn't work
more info here 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2676059

It has to do with outdated api-s yiu have to update yourself in the updated artwork downloader app. Also change the moviescraper to universal movie scraper.
For more instructions how to get the api keys https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2622487

Complicated stuff, more so when you have to figure this out by yourself. Martijn, the developer of artwork downloader doesn't do anything for some reason.
Plan b: use artwork beef Wink
I feel like this is an odd one...
Can I disable the context menu for Movies/TV Shows? I feel like I can adjust the skin perhaps?
I was going to just un-assign the button, but I use it for other screens sometimes. Maybe disable it outside of Master?
I don't know. My wife hits it a lot, and I need it to stop being an issue.
(2017-12-12, 11:34)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hello Everyone, Michael here.

Ok, lets try and sort this out with what has gone on and firstly I'd like to apologize to Mr. Magician. Mike I don't believe anything bad was intended with regards to the announcement of the way Madnox is going for Leia with the complete re-build and changing from what the current skin offers. Please don't think there was any disrespect in that, I just think it was a matter of bad timing. But please PM me my friend if you would like to talk more about it.

Right, a status update and some background on why Madnox is in the state it is now.

Background first,

I basically had on of the worst years of my life in 2015-16 with first losing our good fried and my skinning partner Schimi2k and then losing my Mother. I unfortunately have slipped to a very dark and depressing place where motivation just basically doesn't exist. Add into this that I felt the skinning was getting nothing but negative comments, the last big update the 2 of us did before Schimi2k passed away was the boxsets for Kodiflix and other things. We got basically no positive comments on it and the standard negative comments that just always seem to exist. We were both pretty annoyed with the way things seem to constantly be going with the skin no matter what we attempted to fix or add to it. Please note I've been skinning for maybe 3 years now in total time but around 18-24 months in actual learning / work and I'm still a noob, I just do what I can in a way I can that seems to work, if it is the right skinning way then probably not but I was just trying to improve / keep alive one of the most community friendly skins available.

I did try to continue after what happened until earlier this year, one main problem I had is could no longer get motivated and come up with new ideas / improvements for Madnox and as such began to lost interest in Madnox!

Current Status,

As you'll now know from the background, basically I have little to no motivation in life let alone working on a skin that just seems to create more stress and depression. Yes this is probably not the actual situation but generally that is how it feels. So due to all of this I basically walked away from Madnox and to be honest that actually hurt a lot to do as I loved what I was trying to do.

With regards to the skin, the current version of Madnox does have a WIP process Leia solution that MikeSilvo recently re-informed everyone about and then there are plans to re-write from the ground up as apparently Madnox is based on code that is so old, and don't forget managed by me ;-), that the code isn't very good and actually crap. So Mr. V had the idea to re-write from the ground up using last skinning techniques etc. etc. to make it more efficient and better for the future. Unfortunately this is taking a long time, as you'd expect really given what Madnox tries to offer to the user, and at the moment has no real time frame for when it may become available.

Again, I'm sorry to MikeSilvo for what's happened mainly due to me walking away and nothing more. It's all my fault and everyone else has only ever been doing what they can to help us maintain this old war horse. As always I'm very thankfully of the friendships made while being owner of Madnox and the help those individuals are always willing to offer. They don't know how much it means.

So, with all this you could easily come to the conclusion the skin is dead as I don't respond to posts anymore and I haven't worked on it for while. To the users I apologize for this as I know some of you via chatting in PMs and I have an idea what Madnox means to some of you and doing what I did was wrong but Real Life can be a bitch sometimes you know.

So the future,

Well I'm not sure, I'm involved with the Madnox re-write but that is Mr. V's baby and he is owner, which before anyone starts saying anything, is all completely agreed and fine. Something needs to happen like is happening to give full longevity to Madnox.

But, right now I'm very close to coming back to skinning and the existing Madnox, I'm thinking that I want to continue myself with the existing Code and keep this edition of Madnox alive, but if that happens is another thing right now as I've got to find the motivation to start and to continue with it! I'll take a look at our WIP Leia verions that we already have and look at just dealing with any missing Leia changes to start with perhaps?

So to cap all this waffling of, Madnox isn't quite dead and will have a future. If I'm involved with that isn't 100% right now but I'll give it a go and see what happens, right now that's all  I can really do!

I'd like to thank everyone who has ever used Madnox and enjoyed using it, It was great fun to do it at one point and might be again in the future.

Finally, best wishes to everyone at this time of the year.

Regards,

Mike.
Hey Mike, you have the best name by the way Wink

I spoke last in this thread with absolutes but now realize that it was a horrible mistake and I apologize for that.

I would love to work on MadNox with you and update the current skin for all the users who run it as their preferred Kodi GUI.

I really only have one condition and that is you are in charge, you are the boss, you are the final decision maker. If that is something you are OK with then please let me know and we can get started ASAP working together updating MadNox whenever you can find the time to do so Blush

I want to work it out together but you da boss Nod

P.S.
I do not know what the reason was for the working GitHub repo to be deleted or how mentioning in this thread the possibility of another skin existing someday when there is nothing for anyone to see or use when current users are asking for help.

Regardless, this whole thing did rub me the wrong way but none of you owe me anything so this was and is just a personal thing I felt to be, confusing...
Would someone be so kind and point to the most up-to-date version for Leia.  Thanks very much.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-12-28, 22:20)bobrap Wrote: Would someone be so kind and point to the most up-to-date version for Leia.  Thanks very much.
 https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeo.../tree/leia
(2017-12-28, 08:53)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 11:34)Mike_Doc Wrote: SNIP
Hey Mike, you have the best name by the way Wink

I spoke last in this thread with absolutes but now realize that it was a horrible mistake and I apologize for that.

I would love to work on MadNox with you and update the current skin for all the users who run it as their preferred Kodi GUI.

I really only have one condition and that is you are in charge, you are the boss, you are the final decision maker. If that is something you are OK with then please let me know and we can get started ASAP working together updating MadNox whenever you can find the time to do so Blush

I want to work it out together but you da boss Nod

P.S.
I do not know what the reason was for the working GitHub repo to be deleted or how mentioning in this thread the possibility of another skin existing someday when there is nothing for anyone to see or use when current users are asking for help.

Regardless, this whole thing did rub me the wrong way but none of you owe me anything so this was and is just a personal thing I felt to be, confusing...  
 Hi Mr. Silvo

You directed this at MikeDoc, regardless i though i should reply,

As you stated it is up to MikeDoc what he wants to do. I have been working on this with help from mike, bart and meow for the past 10 months. I have spent a good 200 hours plus coding, re-coding, reworking things for a new version of madnox, not to mention the number of many many hours the others have contributed. I suggested re-coding the skin to MikeDoc a year or so ago. Around 10 months ago i committed to re-coding the skin and was suggested as long as i can lead the way we will go forward. So when i say 'Committed' i mean exactly that. The time frame is unclear though, but i will see this through until it is done and provide support after.

If the direction i am going in does not suit the team i will step back, and make my progress into my own skin with a new name.

I am sorry if i have upset you mike by my abrupt post about the rework. I am the kind of person that is straight to the point.
May be i should of waited for MikeDoc to post first in regards to the rework.

In regards to github.....
Everything is still there. It is now private unless you have push rights. I did not want to announce this rework unless git was private. With all the questions from the general community about is this skin dead, it inspired me to post. I don't have a alpha version right now for general consumption, it is only available to people who have push rights to github. I am happy to add you to github just PM me, so you can see what is going on.

EDIT: I did not want to post this to the general Kodi community. I would rather of sorted this out through PM's. So saying that any further correspondence in regards to this matter, i will do by PM only.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@MikeDoc
  I'm sorry about ur personal situation, honestly, and can only tell u Life's worth living, I guess we all have our times, that's life. About Madnox, I LOVED Kodiflix boxsets, and everything u guys ever did.

@ To all People working on Madnox one way or the other
  I thank u all of u for the work u ever did, or are doing. I loved Madnox the most because the complexity and options. But life goes on, and we all must move on. I would love Madnox to be continued EVEN if it changes and we lose things in the way, and probably gain others. Whatever happens u all have my support. And u guys must do what u think it is better, u really don't owe us users anything, u work on this as a hobby and because u like it. Users will always be moving from here to there depending what suits them better, and we all have different tastes. So guys, do what u like the most and enjoy it. U will always have fans and people who want to use the skin, that's the best this life has.
Thank u all for the effort!
Cheers!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
My plan is to work on Aeon MadNox until asked to no longer do so.

I will not be pointing out how many hours I possibly could've spent working on this skin and updating it for the past few Kodi versions. I find it odd to even mention something like that Tongue

I do not like communicating through PM cause I think Open Source should be Open Opinion as well. Personal is personal but ideas about coding/skinning, I don't think that is very personal. IMHO OFC.

I have pushed some recent updates for the Leia branch HERE.

If anybody has issues or bugs to point out please let me know in this thread and I will fix them as soon as I am able. Please keep in mind that the more detailed the post and having screenshots, logs, and detailed descriptions of all possible reasons for the issue including any particular settings that have been enabled are the most helpful. Those tiny details could help me track down where a problem is.

@Mike_Doc I do not see any reason why this has to be an either-or situation. Just because I mention something does not mean there needs to be a question posted to the "team" inferring that folks cannot work on both if they choose.
I am not pushing for any kind of answer so please take as much time as you need to mull things over and as long as you are OK with it, I plan to be pushing updates and fixes for Aeon MadNox.
I can't change colors in this skin. Because it says I need the color picker addon. I have installed that addon but under "skinsettings" in "help" it says that I don't have installed the color picker addon.
It's available in the Passion XBMC repo, but the latest is for Kodi Gotham? In all other skins I can change colors and transparency but unfortunately not in this skin. Can someone please help?
Hi Mike, I'm glad to hear you're working on the skin.
I have already tested the new update and can only give you a positive feedback. SUPER!!

I just found a little bug. A tab is not displayed in the skin settings.

Are you open to features, too?
The PVR section used to have Artworks. Since the last major Skin Helper update this doesn't work anymore.

I have already communicated with Solo0815 who wanted to make an update but unfortunately I haven't received a response for a long time.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2609522

Furthermore, artwork would be cool for your own recordings:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2610565
@mikeSiLVO, apologies on not getting back as didn't check over the holidays. I would like to take you up on your offer on working on aeon madnox and keeping it going.

@Mr. V. I have no problems either with how "madnox" is going and what is happening.

I will intend to give skinning another go and see if I can stick with it. I will also intend to work on both projects. Aeon madnox is what schimi got me to release and will always have a sentimental value so I will look to keep it going and with someone like Mikesilvo helping me then I'm hopeful we can. "madnox" needed to be done for the skin to have a much longer life due to the old code we have and Mr. V has great ideas for updating the code and at the same time the skin. Both can exist so there is no problems there.

I look forward to working with you all again and thank you for your help in the past and the future.

Madnox in whatever form has always attempted to be a community skin both in developing and using and as before I offer thanks to those who have given alot of their spare time to help with Madnox.

And so happy new year to you all.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
  • 438(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39