Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2018-01-12, 07:41)Mr. V Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Mr. V I really don't know what to say so here goes...
I wasn't working on MadNox until the users here have been asking for help and updates without a response so I decided to work on and update the skin when I could. Then your post came and I admittedly could have easily blown the whole thing out of proportion cause I was drinking. You all know I like my boozeCool...

Story time... I only decided to update things after keeping an eye on the thread and noticing that dedication screen when I installed MadNox Sad. There was no response from anyone and my first thought was to keep the users from thinking they were gonna be left behind. I never once thought there was any malice or anything. I just wanted to help out until you guys were ready to announce what you have been working on.

The timeline of things just seemed off to me. Not saying I was correct, just trying to explain.

I decided to help out here like I have done in the past and 5 days after I do you announce the new skin. I at first thought, OK, I guess they are ready to talk about it now Nod. Then I check the new thread and notice no mention of anything tangible. I wrongly assumed there would be access to try the skin out and get feedback or whatever from the users but I read that you would not be doing that and said there could likely be another 6 months till an alpha test. I, again, did not think any of it at that time but then I went to access the GitHub page to see if I missed any discussion about what you guys were working on and I could not access the repo. Then I started thinking, hmmm. I wonder why that is? At first I thought my internet went out or the link was borked. Then I realized it was deleted (made private) and I could not for the life of me understand why.

Even now, after knowing what happened, I do not understand paying GitHub to have a private repo for what I assume will be an open source skin...

I do not know how else to explain how and what I was thinking...

Anywhoo, moving on from that, I understand where you are coming from and agree the path chosen is the best to have a well coded skin. I think it could take longer though.
That being said, I like fiddling. Fiddling with xmls and making something take up as little code as possible. That is "fun" for me... sort of Undecided

The above is my explanation and those reading this can comment and possibly say I'm an ass cause of all that but hearing an opinion on my thoughts and decisions is why I don't prefer PM's. Also... Still Drinking! Devil
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really feel like I spend too much time responding on the forums sometimes... I cannot deal with typos or misspellings. Need HELP! Tongue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@mikeSiLVO
Cheers for you response.

I did take it in that way that your comments seemed too me, as you said "blown out of proportion".

Stepping back and giving it some thought i was wrong to post about the re-code with out enough consultation on git. So a communication error on my part and it would of been better to wait until an alpha was ready. 6 months was a guess for alpha, but a fully functioning skin up to par with the feature set of Aeon madnox will take a lot longer. So yes i agree my timeline was off and making git private was a mistake. Wasted money but i am stuck with that now until i can post at least an alpha something in the WIP skin forum.

I have great respect for you mike, you are a nice bloke that has contributed so much to the Kodi community, I hope there is no hard feelings.

@mikeSiLVO @bsoriano @Mike_Doc @meowmoo
It has been awesome to be able to contribute to Aeon Nox 5:Silvo and Aeon Madnox.
So it would be great to move forward from this. I'll just keep chipping away at a re-coded version of madnox, a successor of 'Aeon Madnox'. A very long journey, but some day it will be done.

Just a thought with the skin name not to confuse people with Aeon Madnox and Madnox. 

Should the re-code be Madnox 2.0 or simply Madnox?

Mr. V, in my opinion, just Madnox is fine. If that's OK with you, I want to continue to be part of the Madnox team, and continue to code and test! Thanks again for the great opportunity, and for all of your help and advice!

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
MADNOX FAQ - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX HELP - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
refresh item - by bill1972 - 2016-03-08, 03:31
Keyboard Autocompletion - by JinNJuice - 2016-03-19, 00:26
System Infoline - by reksp13 - 2016-04-09, 05:20
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 17:55
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 18:01
Leia - Madnox Problems - by Picard - 2017-06-22, 04:15
RE: Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - [RC2 Revision 0.9.1] 30/05 - by bsoriano - 2018-01-13, 14:40
VideoLyrics - by Pr.Sinister - 2018-04-05, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39