Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2018-01-05, 07:36)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Alrighty then... I need to use this forum differently from now on cause multiquote is no longer an option.

@Mike_Doc Really looking forward to working with you again. I must mention that before I even posted about us working on the skin, I installed Aeon MadNox and that darn splash screen gave me the feels. I truly think we can take what you and schimi have done and update it to the best of our abilities.
I think the issue is not "old code" per se but code that has not been "optimized". That word has certain meanings so not optimized does not mean wrong, bad, or old more like could be better Blush

@bsoriano My only gameplan ATM is start taking what the code has become and compartmentalize it better. Their are a lot of areas that repeat or use extra controls when a VAR could be used and areas where a VAR used is unnecessary cause of improved skin engine changes and back and forth...

What I am thinking is to start a view each. I think this is more akin to a discussion on GitHub then to just start working it out on our own.

Example would be that you guys @Mike_Doc or @bsoriano pick a view and we all try and work them down by discussing and making updates together. The best way I think to do that is to make PRs. I know we may need to work on how to use GitHub in the way I am referring but that is why we are gonna do this together Smile

If we all can see what each of us are doing then we all can benefit from everything each of us has learned. Not the biggest fan of the "Skilled Skinner" title cause the only way you get that is to post a skin to the Kodi Repository and it be accepted. I do not think any of us should consider that a badge of honor. Anyone who uses your skin or thanks you for helping, that is the badge Smile

@Slipass Feature request are OK but Mike_Doc has to approve them. If we are talking about PVR stuff then that is a little harder cause neither Mike_Doc or myself have a working PVR setup to test with. Really difficult to code that stuff if you only have the Demo client to work off of...
There are not any options in the featured window to select so the appearance of it is just the colors so unfortunately not a bug. Not sure why you had a missing label in skin settings but it does no longer appear to be an issue. I must mention how important it is to be careful how you install a skin from GitHub, never overwrite xmls. Delete and replace. I know with a skin this large it is an issue. I will be making this part of a repo as soon as I can but I need to work on making the changes necessary to separate images from the skin xml. That isn't the highest on my "list" so do not expect that to be immediate but you never know...

@Eisi2005 You are not providing enough info so posts like yours will regretfully have to be ignored, sorry. Please visit Troubleshooting (wiki) for more info.

@dvbtjunkie Specific INFOlabels that are not working due to LibreELEC choosing to not fill them will be low on the list of priorities for me (anybody else interested?) but if you keep mentioning every few days or so I will try to look the code over and either add an exception for when LibreELEC is used or if the INFOlabel is empty.

Trying my best to get to everyone but if I miss you please post again and PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE give as much info as you can. Like I stated earlier the littlest of things that you do not consider important could be the missing link, leave nothing out with your bug reports.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
MADNOX FAQ - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX HELP - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
refresh item - by bill1972 - 2016-03-08, 03:31
Keyboard Autocompletion - by JinNJuice - 2016-03-19, 00:26
System Infoline - by reksp13 - 2016-04-09, 05:20
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 17:55
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 18:01
Leia - Madnox Problems - by Picard - 2017-06-22, 04:15
RE: Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - [RC2 Revision 0.9.1] 30/05 - by dvbtjunkie - 2018-12-17, 14:22
VideoLyrics - by Pr.Sinister - 2018-04-05, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39