OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-07-04, 23:54)barberio Wrote: Can you put this at the top of the thread as part of the notes. It's not possible to re-download add-ons from the OpenELEC repository, as they are dependant on a baked-in binary api stub in Kodi. This has been updated to a new version, so all the OpenELEC repository PVR plugins are incompatible with your test build.

Yeah, this isn't surprising, unfortunately, but smarter people than me have told me my way of doing things is wrong (there is some truth here I'll admit, as it is subverting the system) but for test builds it should be fine assuming master is always latest which apparently isn't always going to be the case for these PVR add-ons so then my method kind of falls apart...

(2015-07-04, 23:54)barberio Wrote: Can you say what the problems you've been having with building the PVR plugins are?

See comments: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.demo/com...a0fbaedf3d

The current method of distribution has become unreliable when other branches are bumped ahead of master (you may have noticed the other day/night your box downloading new versions of every PVR add-on, which should never really happen IMHO, and would have meant you were running some version other than the version I had supplied with the build).

Since I currently only have the one distribution method it's better that I just stop shipping PVR add-ons, even though I'm well aware this shafts all PVR testers (and even deprives add-on maintainers of early feedback).

If I can think of a simple solution to the problem they may return - one rather nasty method would be to artificially whack up the version number for all PVR add-ons so that master is always guaranteed to be "the latest". Or maybe stop PVR addons from refreshing and thus possibly updating with some incompatible version.

But for now, I've had enough of dealing with them.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-07-05, 00:33
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10