OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-06, 07:55)MarkT Wrote: The vdr.bin process requires about 12-20% of a core, which is consistent with a non-accelerated software CSA decrypter using libdvbcsa. There are patches by glenvt18 for libdvbcsa though that utilize the NEON instructions. The claimed speedup of 2.63x would push this process below 10% and allow even fat satellite HD streams with 25 Mbps data rate be decoded at 1/3 utilization of one core. If that ain't awesome then I don't know what is. ;-)

My own oscam build with a smartcard on USB card reader basically draws no CPU.

Haven't tried an HD stream yet, will need to borrow a smartcard from a friend.

Presumably you're referring to these commits. Unfortunately these commits don't apply cleanly on the version of libdvbcsa being used by OpenELEC as it appears glenvt18 has applied additional changes to master, so these also need to be added to OpenELEC.

Without any sign of these commits being pushed upstream (and the NEON performance stuff still in a development branch) it's pretty much a non-starter for upstream OpenELEC.

Just for the hell of it, I've uploaded a vdr-addon that includes the above glenvt18 commits (plus a build patch to enable NEON/SSE2) - give it a try, let us know what difference it makes. If the changes are positive, try to get glenvt18 to push his commits upstream.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-08-06, 15:55
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10