OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-21, 13:58)doveman2 Wrote: With my TV in 4:3 mode and the RPi in Normal view mode, when the 4:3 programme switches to 16:9 adverts, not only do I have the grey bars either side but also black space above and below the adverts, so they're displayed in a fairly narrow strip in the middle. Switching the RPi view mode to Stretch 16:9 expands the advert vertically to remove the black space and then I have to switch the TV mode to Auto to expand it horizontally to remove the grey bars.

Hey, it's only adverts though, so not worth worrying about. It's just a shame I have to manually switch the TV mode and in some cases the RPi view mode, depending on whether the actual programme is 16:9 or 4:3. I think the only way round this would be if the RPi could automatically detect 4:3 programmes and create a 16:9 frame with black or grey bars either side of the 4:3 picture, which I guess is what Freeview STB do.

Can you test the behaviour with Kodi on a PC and see if it's the same (I imagine it is). If it is, then it's best to make your suggestion in a general or feature request forum where the right devs may be able to comment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by popcornmix - 2015-08-21, 14:01
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10