OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-01, 23:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 21:02)metaron Wrote: I'm having problems seeking / with 4:3 to 16:9 transitions on RPi with the latest build (New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0830: RPi) using both the OMXPlayer and MMAL acceleration options. This seems to affect channels when they use different formats/bitrates for ads and shows.

Thanks for detailed bug report. I can see the cause of the MMAL issue. If you disable deinterlace it should work correctly again (would be useful if you can confirm that).

Basically the video_decode component can generate notification messages. One of these is aspect ratio has changed.
However when deinterlace is enabled we tunnel video_decode to image_fx (which does the deinterlace) and that's where the notification goes, and kodi doesn't see it.

I suspect I'll need to plumb in similar notifications from image_fx to fix this problem.

Yes, I can confirm that with interlace disabled using MMAL kodi correctly changes aspect ratio but that with deinterlace set to 'auto' or 'on' the change in aspect doesn't occur.

Disabling deinterlace also fixes the lockup problem in OMXPlayer mode, so good news all round :-).

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by metaron - 2015-09-03, 17:07
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10