OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-03, 17:07)metaron Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 23:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 21:02)metaron Wrote: I'm having problems seeking / with 4:3 to 16:9 transitions on RPi with the latest build (New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0830: RPi) using both the OMXPlayer and MMAL acceleration options. This seems to affect channels when they use different formats/bitrates for ads and shows.

Thanks for detailed bug report. I can see the cause of the MMAL issue. If you disable deinterlace it should work correctly again (would be useful if you can confirm that).

Basically the video_decode component can generate notification messages. One of these is aspect ratio has changed.
However when deinterlace is enabled we tunnel video_decode to image_fx (which does the deinterlace) and that's where the notification goes, and kodi doesn't see it.

I suspect I'll need to plumb in similar notifications from image_fx to fix this problem.

Yes, I can confirm that with interlace disabled using MMAL kodi correctly changes aspect ratio but that with deinterlace set to 'auto' or 'on' the change in aspect doesn't occur.

Disabling deinterlace also fixes the lockup problem in OMXPlayer mode, so good news all round :-).

@popcornmix - thanks for the fix (I think?)
Builds #0908 and #0907 allow me to skip across the aspect change with both OMXPlayer and MAML acceleration with deinterlace set to 'half' on my PI2.

The aspect fix works on my original RPi as well, but it looks like it can't cope with 'half' deinterlace method.
The strange thing is after experimenting with different builds, I now have two SD cards. Both with build #0824 for RPi.
  • One gives me deinterlace options: Auto select, MMAL - Bob (half), MMAL - Bob, MMAL - Advanced (half), MMAL - Advanced.
  • The other just shows 'half' and the option to change deinterlace method is greyed out.
This is testing playback using the same file. I even tried a 'soft' reset on the one only showing 'half' but it didn't seem to make any difference to the deinterlace options presented.

I'm guessing there's some option/config file which was set up by an earlier build on one sdcard, but not the other which enables MAML deinterlace methods - but where is it and how do I set it up manually?

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by metaron - 2015-09-09, 19:55
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10