OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: To build the stuff for the Pi2, would I use a command line like this:
PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make release (or image I assume)
Do I use the same value for ARCH as I would for the original Pi, or do I need to put in something like armv7 for the ARCH= part?

"PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm" is correct when building RPi2.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I promise not to bring my own self-inflicted problem to the forum and I'll try not to bother you about this, though I would like to know what is involved with what you do for the nightly builds (selecting patches and having them included in the build). Just trying to learn something here. Smile

To get started with how I build, see here. The build scripts, patches and configuration files are included inside each release tar. Alternatively the scripts and config files can be can be downloaded as a separate tar file - this tar file is updated after each upload, so will always be the "latest" version (it doesn't include the patches as these can be regenerated easily enough).

Probably best to start a new thread if you want to discuss build issues or how my scripts are used. Please read the various "README" files in the tar file - they could be better but they do contain some useful information.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I also presume that you don't compile all of the addons yourself, but get (at least some of) them in object (binary) form from the authors. I'm speaking specifically about the MythTV PVR Client.

The PVR clients are all compiled from source during the build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-09-13, 02:39
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10