OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-10, 11:58)Basje Wrote: It seems there is some inconsistency in the Python API between these builds and the official Kodi Nightly code? For instance: the xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER is no longer available here, but is in other nightly builds (Windows for instance).

I understand that they are no longer of any use, but removing them like this really breaks Python scripts (like Retrospect which I develop). Would it be an option to log the usage of these deprecated Python code as Warnings in the Kodi log and only remove them in a next version? This was done with other Python API changes.

Because in the current situations it is rather difficult to have an add-on that is compatible with the Jarvis builds and these builds.

These builds are based on VideoPlayer, which is the long term replacement for DVDPlayer.

You could try PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer in place of PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER.

All I can suggest is that you feedback to the addon developers and perhaps they can add a solution that works with both DVDPlayer and VideoPlayer-based builds, as this is something they're going to have to deal with eventually.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-10-10, 18:29
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10