OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-10, 18:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 11:58)Basje Wrote: It seems there is some inconsistency in the Python API between these builds and the official Kodi Nightly code? For instance: the xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER is no longer available here, but is in other nightly builds (Windows for instance).

I understand that they are no longer of any use, but removing them like this really breaks Python scripts (like Retrospect which I develop). Would it be an option to log the usage of these deprecated Python code as Warnings in the Kodi log and only remove them in a next version? This was done with other Python API changes.

Because in the current situations it is rather difficult to have an add-on that is compatible with the Jarvis builds and these builds.

These builds are based on VideoPlayer, which is the long term replacement for DVDPlayer.

You could try PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer in place of PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER.

All I can suggest is that you feedback to the addon developers and perhaps they can add a solution that works with both DVDPlayer and VideoPlayer-based builds, as this is something they're going to have to deal with eventually.
Well, I am the developer Big Grin, but may I suggest to not break compatibility with less experimental builds and just ignore whatever PLAYER_CORE is specified, instead of removing it from the Python API.

From an Add-on developers point of view, I already have a hard time keeping compatibility between the current Kodi, the one before and XBMC4Xbox, so I don't want to make stuff more complex and support different kind of experimental builds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Basje - 2015-10-10, 19:35
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10