OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-14, 20:53)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 10:08)woronczak Wrote: The W1070 only supports frame packing at "24p" for 1920*1080. It seems like after stopping a 3d MKV / bluray iso, Kodi doesn't send a message to the projector to say that it should turn frame packing off (the projector tells me Frame Packing is still on) so the GUI looks wrong (or in your case, it just goes blank). If I set the GUI at anything other than 23.98 / 24 @ 1920*1080, as the projector does not support frame packing for those rates, it works normally. I don't fully understand what is happening under the hood, but through trial and error, I found that it works that way. No great loss to have the GUI at 50hz (other than a flicker when the projector shifts modes).

@woronczak @hdmkv

Can you try this test firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...e_hdmi.zip

Use start_x.elf and fixup_x.dat and replace start.elf and fixup.dat on your sdcard. By default there will be no change, but can you try with config.txt option:
Code:
hdmi_debug=0xffff

That should make hdmi mode changes take about 20 seconds. I'd like to know if cases that weren't working before behave any differently.

Normally when switching hdmi mode, you assert the "AV MUTE" flag a few vsyncs before changing the clocks, and remove it a few vsyncs after.
The new setting makes this programmable. The lower byte is the number of "AV MUTE" vsyncs before the change, and the next byte is the number after the change.

The defaults are 2 before a 3 after (hdmi_debug=0x0302). If 0xffff does help we can work out exactly what number is required.

If that doesn't help, then try:
Code:
hdmi_debug=0x1ffff

This will now always change to VGA60 and then to desired HDMI mode. I'd be interested if that helps.

OK
Code:
hdmi_debug=0xffff
= just took a long time between refreshes, but didn't actually change the problem
Code:
hdmi_debug=0x1ffff
= killed my OpenELEC - can't even get to the animated logo (works back to "normal" after removing this line)

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by woronczak - 2015-10-15, 15:07
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10