OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: Is it possible to manually add these modules back into Kodi as an addon, or are they a base level feature that need to be added before compiling the build altogether? If it flat out needs to be rebuilt - don't bother.

No, absolutely not. This is a core change, which has a knock-on effect with Python as the Python API is built at compile time from the available components, hence the replacement of "PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER" with "PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer".

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: I'll ask a different question.. Is it possible to go into a "failing" addon's script file and simply change where it calls for DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer?

Can't say for sure, but it's quite possible that will work.

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: If nothing else, I'm sure these will be fixed eventually once Jarvis is officially being released and not a bleeding edge daily build.

It's still a good opportunity for add-on developers to get ahead of the curve and be ready for when VideoPlayer starts showing up in more mainstream builds.

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: Now if I can just figure out what part of Jarvis is causing the Aeon MQ6 (v3.0.0) skin to not properly display OpenWeatherMap's icons I'd be happy! According to all the troubleshooting done, it's a problem with how the skin is working with Jarvis specifically on Raspberry Pi's. The skin works great in Android and Windows systems, and the earlier build of the skin works fine in Jarvis. So I think it might be something else that needs fixed. Not knowing much about programming, I really don't see a fix coming soon.

The usual approach would be to work back through the builds until you identify the first build that has the problem, allowing the specific change responsible for the new behaviour to be identified (hopefully).

PR8263 is OpenWeather related, and appeared in build #1020, so see how #1019 behaves.

PR8105 is also OpenWeather related, and appeared in build #1002.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-10-29, 06:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10