OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
I put the flash card into the Pi in the bedroom and put on a 720P TV channel. After a couple of hours I checked on it. It's moving along oddly and CPU usage is through the roof again. Looks like the problem is not hardware related unless it's the flash card itself. I left all the setting the same as they were. There is nothing in the log for the last couple of hours. dmesg shows nothing. There's no audio though, and that's a little different. I'm going to test it again but keep a closer eye on it. I have a keyboard connected and bringing up the OSD using 'O' shows a very large number of skipped frames increasing by 10 to 15 per second, but very few dropped frames. CPU usage from 3 of the cores shows a total of about 50% and the final core shows a solid 100% utilization. I have the appropriate MPEG2 licenses installed.

Sync Playback to display is on
Adjust refresh rate is off
Adjust PLL is on for audio sync

Here is a screenshot of the OSD when the problem is occurring:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lnhl0oogkkvaf...2.png?dl=0

Here is a screenshot of the OSD immediately after stopping live TV playback and restarting it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lguefxvzk4h2f...3.png?dl=0

Sound immediately returned along with smooth playback.

This TV uses a different network switch than the living room does. It does share the same upstream switch the HDHomerun goes through though. The freezing of htop doesn't involve either of those two switches though since I'm plugged into the switch in the living room along with the Pi and the MythTV box. This is really perplexing and I've been messing with networks for more than 20 years, Linux too. At first I though it was Putty and WIndows 10, but Windows 7 did it as well. I'm still going to try another client instead of Putty to make sure it's not that. Right now, I don't have any reason to blame anything but Putty when it comes to the SSH sessions freezing for a few seconds. I feel that 10 second freezes on live TV or recordings would result in larger issues than I see. That said, I don't understand why I'm the only one having these issues. It can't be my Raspberry Pi since I'm using a different one now and having the same issue. zaphod24 has adjust refresh rate on so I'm going to do a test with that on to see if the problem still occurs.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by afremont - 2015-12-04, 00:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10