Req alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml
(2015-07-03, 13:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-07-03, 13:35)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-07-03, 13:17)Lunatixz Wrote: +1
Have you tried using the optional flag?

Code:
<import addon="plugin.program.super.favourites" optional="true"/>

Tried it, doesn't work

the optional was added at some point but not sure that ever worked like it was supposed to or maybe is broken atm

iirc this would/should allow you to disable the installed add-on again. Also it wouldn't mark the main add-on broken if dependency was missing.

i really question what the additional tag would gain.
either you install the extra add-on or you don't. having it optional or not it would just pull in that add-on and start it. Installing it and setting it disabled doesn't make sense either (i think)

On first skin install:
the only way i would see this working that when you install an addon it gives the dependencies which are requered and the user has to accept these.
For the additional ones you could have a multi-select dialog which the user has the option to not install the nice-to-have ones.

At each skin upgrade the optional ones must be ignored.

The above should be the same for all add-ons and not just skins. Problem here is to not overload the user with additional info and option on which he can't even judge if he wants it or not. This is a general problem as all add-ons installed as dependency are forced and cannot be disabled when some add-on is still in use that "wants' it.

I agree with you all that skins/add-ons shouldn't install by default any other might be useful or nice to have.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Messages In This Thread
RE: alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml - by Martijn - 2015-07-03, 17:05
Skin "REQUIRING" Addons. - by TwistedFaith - 2015-11-07, 10:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml0