Removing Movies / TV Shows from Kodi
Your naming convention seems fine then.

I would certainly remove the TVaddons repository, that may be what's causing issues.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Yea, I'm sure there were a decent amount of ad-ons in there. When I first installed XBMC I was trying to get it set up to watch live TV, so I installed a bunch of things. None of which worked, by the way.

I'm good with removing the TVaddons repository. I went to System, Settings, Add-ons, Enabled Add-ons, and then went to TVaddons and Uninstall. But after restarting Kodi, the TVaddons splash screen still shows and the TVaddons info still scrolls along the bottom?? Is there a better / different way to remove it or to make sure that all parts of it are removed??
the tv-addons add-on is manipulating your setup, so overwriting files and settings, hard to revert that. Even reinstalling Kodi won't fix everything, as some changes are done to your user profile (like the RSS feed shown at the bottom).
So I was able to go ahead and "factory restore" Kodi. After shutting it down and restarting it it appears to be like a fresh install. I got the Kodi splash screen, all the add ons are gone, etc. I'll work on configuring Kodi and setting it back up to see the media down on my server, etc.

But going forward is there a "recommended" set of add ons?? Last time I did some googling and followed some YouTube videos, and obviously had some problems. So I just want to make sure that everything is on the up and up going forward.
There probably isn't any one recommended addon that will change your life forever, it depends on what the user requires.

However I would recommend that all Kodi users should get the KordKutters addon to check out Ned and Nate talking about Kodi.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing Movies / TV Shows from Kodi0