• 5(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2015-09-09, 23:41)natethomas Wrote: Install IARL zip. Evidently IARL is already installed in this build, but is missing some depends? So I installed the zip and supposedly the depends got installed.

The depends are listed correctly as far as I can tell in the addon.xml, so if you're installing from zip from a clean build, it should install the one depend without any issues (xbmcswift2, used for generating the lists. Actually, i see an extra depends in there thats no longer required - it'll be deleted in the next push).

Thanks for the videos and logs, but unfortunately I don't see anything in there that explains whats going on. What should be happening at the point of failure is it brings up the ROM window with media and the option to download/launch. I definitely don't get the same issue.

If you change the addon.xml to:
<provides>video</provides>

and launch IARL from a standard build of Kodi, do you get the same problem when you start IARL from the video addons?
Works fine in a standard build. I have an idea that I'm gonna test right now.
It's the input method. If I try to launch a game using the keyboard, I go to the ROM window without any problem. If I try to launch it using my controller, it looks like it opens and then immediately closes the ROM window, effectively doing a double tap with the A button (or something).

I've tested it with a 360 controller and with an SNES controller connected to a USB converter. In both cases, it performs what looks like the double tap. While the keyboard correctly opens the window.
Nate, I did not encounter the issues you show in your vids. For me, IARL works as zachmorris describes. I get the pop-up window with the download/play/xxx options, whcih will bring up a progress bar when selected. Then, nothing happens Tongue

This is both with keyboartd and an original NES controller.
If it's an input problem, it might be something I can fix

In the log, I see you press A on a game

Code:
16:26:39 T:20056   DEBUG: CGenericJoystickInputHandling: game.controller.default feature [ a ] pressed
16:26:39 T:20056   DEBUG: Event handled
16:26:39 T:20056   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29)
16:26:39 T:20056   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/Nintendo+Entertainment+System+-+NES/1?parser_id=NoIntro_parser.xml&xml_id=C%3a%5cUsers%5cnjbetzen.xbmc-nate%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.program.iarl-master%5cresources%2fdata%2fdat_files%5cNES_ZachMorris.xml]
16:26:39 T:19328   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Internet Archive ROM Launcher('plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29','3','')
16:26:39 T:19328   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the Internet Archive ROM Launcher (id=3) plugin...

The plugin tries to launch the game

Code:
16:26:39 T:19528  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:26:39 T:19528    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py): start processing
16:26:39 T:19528  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master;C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py): entering source directory C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\addon.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.program.iarl" dependent on version 2.14.0 of the xbmc.python api
16:26:39 T:19528  NOTICE: IARL_INFO: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
16:26:39 T:19528 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Adding url rule "/update_xml/<xml_id>" named "update_xml_value" pointing to function "update_xml_value"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Adding url rule "/" named "index" pointing to function "index"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Adding url rule "/Emulator/<category_id>/<page_id>" named "get_rom_list" pointing to function "get_rom_list"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Reading pickle storage from disk at "C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\.storage\.functions"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Loaded storage ".functions" from disk
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Adding url rule "/Emulator/<romname>" named "get_selected_rom" pointing to function "get_selected_rom"
16:26:39 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Handling incoming request for /Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29
16:26:39 T:19528  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29" matches rule for function "get_selected_rom"
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\resources\skins\Default\720p\default.xml) ------
16:26:40 T:20056    INFO: Loading skin file: C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\resources\skins\Default\720p\default.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []

Apparently Kodi tries to launch the game in the main thread, because it blocks for a second. Kodi doesn't poll for input while the main thread is blocked. At this point, the thread becomes unblocked and Kodi detects the A button is released. This is when the error is reported:

Code:
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: Joystick Xbox 360-compatible controller: Button 0 released
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: CGenericJoystickInputHandling: game.controller.default feature [ a ] released
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: Event handled
16:26:40 T:20056   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl-master\resources\skins\Default\720p\default.xml) ------
16:26:40 T:19328   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned failure
16:26:40 T:19528   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Saving a pickle storage to disk at "C:\Users\njbetzen.xbmc-nate\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\.storage\.functions"
16:26:40 T:20056   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29
16:26:40 T:20056   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/1943+-+The+Battle+of+Midway+%28USA%29) failed
A few small updates today:
Added some additional skinning for the newer archives
Fixed a bug in the MAME xml (it was returning an empty list inadvertantly)
General Code Cleanup
Added some code for external RetroArch launching on Android systems, although this is untested since I don't have an Android Box. If someone is interested in testing this out for me let me know.

Thanks!
Installed it and tested it on Windows8.1, no input other than keyboard. NES ROMs launch directly from IARL using bNES. I did get a warning about storage being corrupt and that it needed to be cleared. No idea what that means.
Ok what am I doing wrong here.

tried on kodi 15.1, 15.2, and 16. I download the zip, install it, shows it's there, configure to use retroarch. On home screen it doesn't show up under video addons, When I go to system and look at all addons I find it and when I click launch it just goes back one screen and nothing happens. I have no idea what to do now.
You could/should probably use garbears special kodi retroplayer builds.
(2015-09-16, 01:02)wraslor Wrote: Ok what am I doing wrong here.

tried on kodi 15.1, 15.2, and 16. I download the zip, install it, shows it's there, configure to use retroarch. On home screen it doesn't show up under video addons, When I go to system and look at all addons I find it and when I click launch it just goes back one screen and nothing happens. I have no idea what to do now.

The addon changed from video addon to game addon a couple of versions ago. You should probably install garbear retroplayer test build to get the games section.
(2015-09-16, 01:02)wraslor Wrote: Ok what am I doing wrong here.

wraslor,

I do have a version that will install as a video addon if you're not using the retroplayer version of Kodi.
It's located in the releases page on git here and general instructions on using it with an external installation of retroarch is here, although hopefully it's generally evident on how setup should be completed.

Not many people have tested this method yet though, so please send back any issues you might have.

Thanks
when launching all i get is an error

14:28:37 T:4840 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
14:28:37 T:8720 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
14:28:37 T:8720 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:28:37 T:8720 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named xbmcswift2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py", line 1, in <module>
from xbmcswift2 import Plugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcswift2
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:28:37 T:2868 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/
14:28:37 T:2868 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iarl/) failed
(2015-09-18, 20:31)garyedwardjohns Wrote: when launching all i get is an error

14:28:37 T:4840 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
14:28:37 T:8720 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
14:28:37 T:8720 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:28:37 T:8720 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named xbmcswift2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py", line 1, in <module>
from xbmcswift2 import Plugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcswift2
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:28:37 T:2868 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/
14:28:37 T:2868 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iarl/) failed

Gary,

Did you install by zip? Probably not. You need to install by zip so the plugin can install a dependent script (xbmcswift2).
You need to re-install the zip from the first post garyedwardjohns. It looks like you don't have all the dependencies.

edit: beat me to it, zachmorris Smile
Update 09-20-15
- Added search window. It's functional, but I found it can be slow if you search across the entire list of archives. I think it could be much more efficient code wise, but I'll have to look into the best way to implement it. If anyone has suggestions let me know
- Various code updates/cleanups/fixes
- Added random play option, but it's not currently implemented (coming soon)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10