• 75(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Hi Zach, are there any known methods you can explain to create some xml. I have some great collections I want to add to the current lineup, would appreciate any info. I Have 12 TB of collections I am wanting to play with. Thank you very much
(2017-11-06, 02:14)dataghost1984 Wrote: Hi Zach, are there any known methods you can explain to create some xml. I have some great collections I want to add to the current lineup, would appreciate any info. I Have 12 TB of collections I am wanting to play with. Thank you very much

I don't really have any tools to help create the XML lists that would be worthy of public consumption.  I've made my own scraper. It's currently hacked together on a system by system basis, so I've just made some python scripts to help generate the list based on data from a lot of various sources, and then gently massage it until its in the right form. It's really in such a state that it'd be near impossible for someone else to decipher how it's supposed to work.

Feel free to PM me if there's an archive.org archive you'd like me to take a look at for future incorp.
Version 1.6.6 of IARL is available.  Changes include:
  • Fix error in file size for some games in listings (thanks nerdflix)
  • Updated setup wizard, should be more seamless for first time users now
  • Fixed wizard for slower machines that would appear to not be working when the wizard started (thanks sublinhado)
  • Added a Terms of Use page when add-on is first run at suggestion of Kodi folks
  • Updated ROM Window to inhibit buttons after download or launch are pressed, to avoid double presses
  • Fix failure to launch game if xml file is present (thanks garbear)
  • Updated external launchers, renamed so they’re in line with current options.  Will update wiki accordingly
  • Updated external command database.  Made a script to generate this database so it should stay in line with libretro buildbot more readily
  • Added Game and Watch list
  • Added Lutro Game list
  • Added Phillips CD-i (117 Games Filtered, 625 Unfiltered)… Possibly the worst gaming system of all time?
  • Add softlist launching functions for games with no launch file (only required for CD-i for now)
  • Fix some search window stuff
  • Fix for error in launching previously downloaded DOSBox games (thanks myuubie)
  • Updated ColecoVision game list, now launches with default BlueMSX core and works really well!
  • Updated MSX, split into two game lists.  Launches with default BlueMSX core.
  • MSX1 (384 Games / 937 Games Unfiltered)
  • MSX2 (131 Games / 197 Games Unfiltered)
cdi works great, thanks for your continued hard work!
Hey Zach,

i used generic libreelec and have install your IARL and retroarch from gamestarter addon.
I get my bios files in to the folder and restart.

Then i go to IARL and select a game but nothing happens.

In your TUT you write in IARL i dont have do make anything.

Where is my fault?
(2017-11-08, 15:26)hackbird Wrote: Hey Zach,

i used generic libreelec and have install your IARL and retroarch from gamestarter addon.
I get my bios files in to the folder and restart.

Then i go to IARL and select a game but nothing happens.

In your TUT you write in IARL i dont have do make anything.

Where is my fault?

I'm not sure.  Can you provide a debug log?
Which Log do you need.
In both Kodi logs normal/debug i cant find any failure.
(2017-11-08, 20:52)hackbird Wrote: Which Log do you need.
In both Kodi logs normal/debug i cant find any failure.

Well, without a debug log, I'm just guessing at what your problem is.  If I had to guess:
1)  Ensure you can download a game, then start Retroarch with Gamestarter and can play it with one of the system cores.  If this works, then the problem is just the command isn't setup quite right.  If you can't play the game from Retroarch, then something is wrong with your Gamestarter / Retroarch setup.

2)  If you can get the game to launch in #1 above, then ensure you have 'Gamestarter' selected as your system type, then highlight the game list and select update external launch command, then select the same core you got the game to work with in step #1.

If this doesn't work, provide a debug log of your attempt to launch a game.
Hey zach,

i think u use a wrong retroarch addon for libreelec gerneric or my config is wrong.
In storage/Emulator  my bios files are into and i add some games in different folder.
When i now start manual retroarch the games wont start. I must test it with an other ...
Hi Zach, I got a small issue with IARL, I'm trying to configure it on raspbian on rpi3, kodi 17.3, I've got retropie installed, games are working via emulationstation well, but If I tried to configure the addon, via external launcher of course, retroarch is starting the game, I see the retroarch process running, but it seems like kodi is masking the retroarch picture (can't see the game, but I can hear the sounds from it). When the kodi screensaver comes into play, I can see the game partially. What should I do to allow retroarch to take the videocard context instead of kodi skin?
What I found also, that IARL can't find the libretro catalog, as my cores are in /opt/retropie/libretrocores/ and IARL setting the default /usr/lib/libretro, how can I fix this?
Thanks.
(2017-11-09, 20:47)djmdp Wrote: Hi Zach, I got a small issue with IARL, I'm trying to configure it on raspbian on rpi3, kodi 17.3, I've got retropie installed, games are working via emulationstation well, but If I tried to configure the addon, via external launcher of course, retroarch is starting the game, I see the retroarch process running, but it seems like kodi is masking the retroarch picture (can't see the game, but I can hear the sounds from it). When the kodi screensaver comes into play, I can see the game partially. What should I do to allow retroarch to take the videocard context instead of kodi skin?
What I found also, that IARL can't find the libretro catalog, as my cores are in /opt/retropie/libretrocores/ and IARL setting the default /usr/lib/libretro, how can I fix this?
Thanks.

I have never tried that combination before.  The issue is that Kodi needs to close, then launch the game, then re-open after you exit retroarch.

The solution will have to be a little manual for now since I don't have commands for Raspbian included by default.  If you confirm it works, I can add some code to IARL to make this work for future Raspbian users.
In IARL settings, external launch tab, choose Linux as your system type, and choose Close Kodi Enabled for the option below.

Option 1 (Fastest for now):
In the IARL addon folder, find the file external_command_database.xml, it would be in ..path_to_kodi_data/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/data/
Find All:
xml:
%RETROARCH_CORE_DIR%
Replace All:
xml:
/opt/retropie/libretrocores

Then re-run the wizard.  This should set the commands correctly for all the systems.

Option 2 (you would have to do this for every game list in IARL):
In the IARL addon, select a game list, example NES, then right click to bring up the context menu and select update external launch command, then choose the bottom option "Manually Entered Command" and enter:
xml:
"%ADDON_DIR%/resources/bin/applaunch.sh" "%APP_PATH%" %NETPLAY_COMMAND% -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/nestopia_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"

The applaunch.sh closes Kodi, starts Retroarch with the command provided, and then re-opens Kodi after you exit Retroarch.
Hey Zach,

today i install the libreelec remix build.
Working all and the frontend i change to retroarch.

Now i have an problem in IARL. What is the system path to retroarch? I test /storagre/roms  then i test /storage/.config/retroarch but it wont work with both path.

When i test the roms alone on retroarch wthout IARL it works.
(2017-11-10, 17:31)hackbird Wrote: Hey Zach,

today i install the libreelec remix build.
Working all and the frontend i change to retroarch.

Now i have an problem in IARL. What is the system path to retroarch? I test /storagre/roms  then i test /storage/.config/retroarch but it wont work with both path.

When i test the roms alone on retroarch wthout IARL it works.

I think the system path for the remix build is /storage/roms/bios/ or something like that.
If you start retroarch, and go to settings in retroarch, then to directories (at the bottom), the system/bios path is the first directory setting listed.  IARL needs to match whatever that says.
storage/roms/bios folder wont work.

Dont know why.
Hi Zach,

your plugin is great. Since a few days I'm doing nothing else than playing old ROMs. Thank you!

What I don't understand so far is the part about the Additional Emulators. I've added the dolphin core to Retroarch and selected it as Additional Emulator 1. Its App Location I set to the same value as the Retroarch App Location.

But what do I have to do then? How can I launch it? How can I select the ROMs I have in the folder 'GameCube' beneath the other ROM folders? Do I have to write my own xml files to use it?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10