• 18(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Update to version 1.4.1:
- Changed external launch function for android systems. Works. Finally.
- Rescraped Atari 2600 (710 Games Filtered, 1523 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped Game Gear (408 Games Filtered, 497 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped Game Boy Advance (1901 Games Filtered, 2923 Games Unfiltered - Good lord there was a large library for GBA!)
- Added best of Atari 2600
- Added best of Sega Game Gear
- Added best of Sega Master System
- Added best of Game Boy Advance
Congrats on getting android working! I know that's been a right bugger for you. Smile
Thumbs Up 
Excellent work Smile
Thanks ZachMorris !
An almost ideal emu add-on...

PS : I'd love a setting like this : [x] Show only "Best Of" collections
PS2 : and a revamped Search menu Smile
Haven't tested the latest version, but can you please add a "A-Z" selector to the gamelist?
Then you can straight go to "S" and don't have to go through all the gamelist pages when you search a game starting with "S".
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-01-22, 18:14)int13h Wrote: Excellent work Smile
Thanks ZachMorris !
An almost ideal emu add-on...

PS : I'd love a setting like this : [x] Show only "Best Of" collections
PS2 : and a revamped Search menu Smile

Yeah, I'm working on a method to 'hide' listings people dont want to see. In the meantime, you can manually remove listings you're not interested in.

As for the search menu... I'll be the first to admit I'm not an artist. If there are any skinners out there who'd like to help me out and make it prettier that'd be great (for search menu and for the Game preview window).
Version 1.4.2 has been updated in my repo:
- Added setting to allow Android users to define retroarch config location
- Added code to try to define Android retroarch config location if no user location is defined (addon will search for the cfg file if there isn't one defined)
- Changed external launching database to define wildcard for retroarch config file for Android
- Added settings to allow user to view listing of games by A-Z instead of just one big list (see addon settings)
- Added settings to allow user to hide a game archive they don’t want to see in the list (see game archive settings)
- Added advanced setting to allow user to reset all hidden archive listings (see addon settings)
- Fixed bug when searching for ROM and playing game using retroplayer (search window would inadvertently jump in front)
Great !

I do manually remove some listings, but it would be perfect if I could do that in the add-on options, directly.

About the search menu : I'm not fond of the way it looks, but that's not the problem actually. What bothers me is the box where you enter search string which is hardly visible, and the fact that after a search I sometimes get stuck in the search menu without any possibility to go back/exit.
It might be related to the bug you corrected, don't know. I have to check on my side.

additional ideas :
- show only retroarch cores related to selected listing (some kind of filter)
- in search menu show only non-hidden listings

Thanks anyway !
I'm getting the following when trying to update the launcher to VBA-M for GBA in OE 64bit (external launcher already selected)

Code:
11:19:57 T:139670205732608  NOTICE: Updating Emu Laucher for /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/dat_files/GBA_Bestof_ZachMorris.xml
11:20:04 T:139670205732608  NOTICE: File Updated: GBA_Bestof_ZachMorris.xml
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: IARL_INFO: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/.storage/
11:20:10 T:139670138590976 WARNING: [resources.lib.xbmcswift2b] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
11:20:10 T:139670138590976 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: [resources.lib.xbmcswift2b] Request for "/update_xml/%2Fstorage%2F.kodi%2Fuserdata%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.iarl%2Fdat_files%2FGBA_Bestof_ZachMorris.xml" matches rule for function "update_xml_value"
11:20:10 T:139670138590976  NOTICE: Updating External Launch Command
11:20:17 T:139670138590976   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'current_cfg_path' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1079, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/xbmcswift2b/plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/xbmcswift2b/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 75, in update_xml_value
                                                update_external_launch_commands(iarl_setting_operating_system,iarl_setting_retroarch_path,iarl_setting_retroarch_cfg_path,xml_id,plugin)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/util.py", line 466, in update_external_launch_commands
                                                new_launch_command = new_launch_command.replace('%CFG_PATH%',current_cfg_path) #Replace config path user setting
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'current_cfg_path' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any idea what the cause may be? I'm getting the same results with other GBA emulators..

Running retroarch 1.2.2 code, fully updated. Other emus work fine. Thanks in advance!
I've discovered the issue above, an autoupdate had installed the newer version from repo over the top. I uninstalled both and installed the 'iarl-master' zip from git and it seems to work fine again.

Any idea why OE users need to install from iarl-master zip and not a direct install from repo?
(2016-01-30, 05:23)druu Wrote: Any idea what the cause may be? I'm getting the same results with other GBA emulators..
Running retroarch 1.2.2 code, fully updated. Other emus work fine. Thanks in advance!

It looks like I introduced a bug in the last update. I've fixed it, should be updated in the repo in a bit.

(2016-01-30, 05:33)druu Wrote: I've discovered the issue above, an autoupdate had installed the newer version from repo over the top. I uninstalled both and installed the 'iarl-master' zip from git and it seems to work fine again.

Any idea why OE users need to install from iarl-master zip and not a direct install from repo?

I fixed it on github, just haven't pushed it to the repo yet, hence the difference.
Awesome, thanks for the prompt fix. Smile
Update to version 1.4.3 in the repository:
- Fixed bug in external launch function
- Added best of TG16
- Rescraped GBC (963 Games Filtered, 1416 Games Unfiltered)
- Added close button to search window
- Removed hidden archives from search list
- Removed hidden archives from random play list
Hey zack good job on the fix now working fine on OE 6.0.1. Best of TG16 isnt working for me, but the normal Tg16 runs fine. Let me know if you need a log.
Lefty
(2016-01-31, 00:06)lefty420 Wrote: Hey zack good job on the fix now working fine on OE 6.0.1. Best of TG16 isnt working for me, but the normal Tg16 runs fine. Let me know if you need a log.
Lefty

Yeah, please provide a log. Looks like it's working for me.
Hi zack, Kodibuntu Isengard 15.2. I'm getting the following error when I try to update external launcher command:
Code:
13:24:03 T:140451101259520  NOTICE: Updating External Launch Command
13:24:09 T:140451101259520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'current_cfg_path' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodibuntu/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1079, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/home/kodibuntu/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/xbmcswift2b/plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "/home/kodibuntu/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/xbmcswift2b/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "/home/kodibuntu/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 75, in update_xml_value
                                                update_external_launch_commands(iarl_setting_operating_system,iarl_setting_retroarch_path,iarl_setting_retroarch_cfg_path,xml_id,plugin)
                                              File "/home/kodibuntu/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/util.py", line 466, in update_external_launch_commands
                                                new_launch_command = new_launch_command.replace('%CFG_PATH%',current_cfg_path) #Replace config path user setting
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'current_cfg_path' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:26:27 T:140452409460672  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10