• 33(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Has anybody got the ps1 games working? I can't get one of them running, when i click launch it starts to download but after 1 or 2 seconds it stops en starts converting and after a couple of seconds it give me the error while converting. I get the idea that it isn't downloading anything
(2016-07-31, 16:38)terrandroid Wrote: Has anybody got the ps1 games working? I can't get one of them running, when i click launch it starts to download but after 1 or 2 seconds it stops en starts converting and after a couple of seconds it give me the error while converting. I get the idea that it isn't downloading anything

The archive zack was using has been flagged so now requires you to login to archive.org. He hasn't implemented a login for the addon yet.
(2016-07-31, 16:43)lefty420 Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 16:38)terrandroid Wrote: Has anybody got the ps1 games working? I can't get one of them running, when i click launch it starts to download but after 1 or 2 seconds it stops en starts converting and after a couple of seconds it give me the error while converting. I get the idea that it isn't downloading anything

There archive zack was using has been flagged so now requires you to login to archive.org. He hasn't implemented a login for the addon yet.

Okay now i get it, thanks for clearing that out.
Anybody had any luck with Atari 800? That was the system we had when I was growing up. Would love to get it working on my RPi3.

I'm using GameStarter too. I also updated my cores to have MAME2014 but it doesn't seem to work..should I be using the regular MAME?
Works on libreelec x64 I'm guessing its the pi mame core that's the issue.
Does it require a BIOS? I even downloaded the MESS core through the online updater. I've used MESS in the past on my pc. That's what made me think about BIOS. I didn't know since its MAME...
Looks like the Sega 32X archive isn't working now either (along with PlayStation). Also, is the Atari 7800 listing complete, or is that just all that's available?
(2016-08-02, 03:16)hansolo77 Wrote: Looks like the Sega 32X archive isn't working now either (along with PlayStation). Also, is the Atari 7800 listing complete, or is that just all that's available?

I fixed 32x, which was an urlquoting error in the xml, just forgot to include it in the last update, so I'll get it in the next one. Playstation I'll probably default hide the archive for now since there is no ability to use it. Atari 7800 listing isn't complete, but it looks like I forgot to include the full archive listing, so I'll add that in the next update as well.
Good call on PS1. Look forward to getting the new lists. Thanks!
Nice addon. Thanks.

The default MAME core seems to be missing in the current RetroArch distribution, at least on Windows.
I had to rename mame2014_libretro.dll to mame_libretro.dll.

MAME 2010 just gave me a blank screen.

The PS1 games seem to be removed from archive.org too.
The PS1 games ARE in archive.org... you just have to register to see them. If you scroll up and back through the thread, you can see the discussions about it. In the next release, Zach is planning on hiding that list from the addon temporarily until he can get a working "login credentials" setting added.
(2016-08-07, 02:31)hansolo77 Wrote: The PS1 games ARE in archive.org... you just have to register to see them. If you scroll up and back through the thread, you can see the discussions about it. In the next release, Zach is planning on hiding that list from the addon temporarily until he can get a working "login credentials" setting added.

Here is a code fix to add a login to archive.org.
https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...val:master

It works for the PS1 games.

I still get a blank screen in the retroarch emulator but that is another story.
(2016-08-07, 15:30)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 02:31)hansolo77 Wrote: The PS1 games ARE in archive.org... you just have to register to see them. If you scroll up and back through the thread, you can see the discussions about it. In the next release, Zach is planning on hiding that list from the addon temporarily until he can get a working "login credentials" setting added.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I'll take a look and see about incorporating it into the next update.
Not much to launching the file post download other than decompressing and then having the addon provide the correct launch command. In the Kodi debug log you'll find the external launch command IARL sends. You can try that externally to see what the issue might be. Other thing is to ensure you have the correct BIOS files in the retroarch system directory.

Try running the mednafen psx core and place the correct bios in your system directory. Then in retroarch gui point the system(bios) folder in settings/directory
bios should be scph5501.bin
If you cant find 5501 you can rename scph7003 to scph5501 and it will work. Windows was a pain but it works my end.
(2016-08-07, 21:13)lefty420 Wrote:

Try running the mednafen psx core and place the correct bios in your system directory. Then in retroarch gui point the system(bios) folder in settings/directory
bios should be scph5501.bin
If you cant find 5501 you can rename scph7003 to scph5501 and it will work. Windows was a pain but it works my end.

Thanks.

I eventually found the rename trick after running the debug version with --verbose.

It didn't set the system folder properly either. I had to do that in the core settings.

RetroArch has a mighty strange user interface.

It took me half an hour to find how to click a button in Windows: you have to press X by default.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10