• 52(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Incredible addon!. Been using it a while. I have it working flawlessly on LibreElec, The only issue I have encountered that maybe someone can shed some light on is 7z extraction fails. I am logged in, it downloads to 100 percent but fails to extract. I have tried to chmod according to instructions and no dice. I had to install p7zip tools In LibreElec to make this work. Is there something I am missing. Android 6.0. Thank you so much
(2017-01-12, 00:27)dataghost1984 Wrote: Incredible addon!. Been using it a while. I have it working flawlessly on LibreElec, The only issue I have encountered that maybe someone can shed some light on is 7z extraction fails. I am logged in, it downloads to 100 percent but fails to extract. I have tried to chmod according to instructions and no dice. I had to install p7zip tools In LibreElec to make this work. Is there something I am missing. Android 6.0. Thank you so much

I checked into this more. I added some code to install this optionally.

But apparently, thats not quite how it works.

TLDR: you found another bug associated with 7zip Angry

I'll work on fixing this in my next update (to automatically install this addon if the user is using LibreElec). In the meantime, your workaround of manually installing it works.
Thank you very much for the reply. I am a little confused on what to do to fix it with what was posted. Sorry for the hassle! I appreciate all the efforts and what you have put together. Thank you very much
(2017-01-12, 05:43)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 00:27)dataghost1984 Wrote: Incredible addon!. Been using it a while. I have it working flawlessly on LibreElec, The only issue I have encountered that maybe someone can shed some light on is 7z extraction fails. I am logged in, it downloads to 100 percent but fails to extract. I have tried to chmod according to instructions and no dice. I had to install p7zip tools In LibreElec to make this work. Is there something I am missing. Android 6.0. Thank you so much

I'll work on fixing this in my next update (to automatically install this addon if the user is using LibreElec). In the meantime, your workaround of manually installing it works.

Thanks again for the response. So what would the fix for Android be? Thanks again for the time taken to help.
(2017-01-12, 20:15)dataghost1984 Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 05:43)zachmorris Wrote:

Thanks again for the response. So what would the fix for Android be? Thanks again for the time taken to help.

The LibreElec addon virtual.system-tools is specific to LibreElec. 7zip for non-libreelec android currently does not work.

Gotcha, so as of now, extraction does not work with Android? Makes sense. I was pulling my hair out. Thanks for letting me know. What is needed to make this work? A working 7z.android? So porting a correct executable binary to android and renaming it? If so I will start on that. Thank you very much for the time taken to reply as well.
(2017-01-13, 16:47)dataghost1984 Wrote:

Gotcha, so as of now, extraction does not work with Android? Makes sense. I was pulling my hair out. Thanks for letting me know. What is needed to make this work? A working 7z.android? So porting a correct executable binary to android and renaming it? If so I will start on that. Thank you very much for the time taken to reply as well.

Short version: Yes, extraction does not work right now.

Long version / the trials and tribulations of a bad programmer:
So, I thought just getting a binary compiled in the correct way is what I was missing from android. I went chasing my tail for a long time assuming my binary wasn't compiled correctly, or wasn't the right architecture. I was wrong. It turns out Android has made a walled garden that is not very friendly for developers like me to give users of boxes like a fire tv. You can't execute binaries without system or superuser privileges (which in my opinion is kind of a requirement). Strangely enough, from an ADB shell, I can run my 7zip binary if it's located in "the right spot" (/data/local/tmp/ for example), but Kodi / Python will fail to execute the same exact command, complaining about permissions. I find that pretty strange.

My other options are to:
1) Compile a binary module (p7zip.so) and use ctypes to import the module and run it. Seems overly difficult, especially for my meagre skills.
2) Find an APK for extracting archives that is free / open source and allows for android intents, use Kodi's StartAndroidActivity functionality. Unfortunately, I have yet to find an android app with documentation that allows for this.
3) Wait until a better / direct Kodi solution exist. Fortunately, it looks like there is one thats under development.
4) Give up and just not show 7zip game lists for android users, or wait until someone else smarter than me hands me a solution

I'm torn between #3 and #4 right now. I'm banking on #3. In the meantime, I believe Retroarch can, in some cases, handle a 7z file directly. You can test this by editing the game list xml and changing the <emu_postdlaction> line to:
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>none</emu_postdlaction>
I compiled a couple different p7zip binary files I am going to test and will respond. Thank you sir!
You have probably already seen this

https://github.com/dungeonsnd/PortOfLZMA

perhaps an Android solution is here?

https://android.googlesource.com/platfor...rnal/lzma/
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

whats the easiest way to populate an XML list with standalone games only?

I have all my roms on a network share at home, ive previously used used Rom Collection Browser but this seems to integrate better with various skins. However the one thing I cant work out is how to scrape my games into it.

I can change the Download path etc but the list still shows all the games and I only want it to show mine. I Know I can create my list but that seems quite time consuming and not sure what happens if I add a new rom to the Download path whether it gets picked up or not... any suggestions welcome
Hey, whats the default rom download location set to?? What .xml is that path stored in, so i can manually edit it?? Want to set the path to Kodi/userdata, but it wont let me navigate to that path. Thanks!
(2017-01-15, 23:51)rabbitarmitage Wrote: whats the easiest way to populate an XML list with standalone games only?

I have all my roms on a network share at home, ive previously used used Rom Collection Browser but this seems to integrate better with various skins. However the one thing I cant work out is how to scrape my games into it.

I can change the Download path etc but the list still shows all the games and I only want it to show mine. I Know I can create my list but that seems quite time consuming and not sure what happens if I add a new rom to the Download path whether it gets picked up or not... any suggestions welcome

Some info on that here.

Although, from the sound of it, you're probably going to have better luck with the AEL addon. IARL isn't really setup for scraping, all the scraping is done automagically for the default lists. If you want to create your own games list, then manually editing the xml files is currently the only way.

AEL, which is also awesome, will scrape metadata for you and create a launcher.
(2017-01-16, 17:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey, whats the default rom download location set to?? What .xml is that path stored in, so i can manually edit it?? Want to set the path to Kodi/userdata, but it wont let me navigate to that path. Thanks!

Everything you want to know is already documented on the wiki.
Hey, whats the default rom download location set to??

What .xml is that path stored in, so i can manually edit it??
(2016-12-24, 20:42)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 01:02)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm having an issue re-playing some games that I've downloaded and played successfully the first time.

I have the setting to play games that exist locally - It seems to work on some games, but it won't launch others and gives me a script error.

Full Debug Log:

Thanks for the log! That looks like a bug, it's put the folder in the path twice..
'D:\\Games\\EmulatedGames\\Dreamcast\\Power_Stone\\Power_Stone/*.*'

I'll have to fix that.

Power Stone looks like a fun game btw, never played it

Just wanted to check in to see if there was an update on the local games/double folder bug? Would love to start playing games again w.out having to wait for the download!
(2017-01-18, 23:43)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 20:42)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 01:02)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm having an issue re-playing some games that I've downloaded and played successfully the first time.

I have the setting to play games that exist locally - It seems to work on some games, but it won't launch others and gives me a script error.

Full Debug Log:

Thanks for the log! That looks like a bug, it's put the folder in the path twice..
'D:\\Games\\EmulatedGames\\Dreamcast\\Power_Stone\\Power_Stone/*.*'

I'll have to fix that.

Power Stone looks like a fun game btw, never played it

Just wanted to check in to see if there was an update on the local games/double folder bug? Would love to start playing games again w.out having to wait for the download!

I've got a fix available on github, in addition to that typo fixed in the xml, not a full fledged update in the repo yet. Feel free to download the latest from git and test it out. I played me some power stone, and it's fun!
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10