• 102(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hey there,

I forgot my password for the cinemavision-forum and the email system seems to not work properly - I do not receive any email in case i ask for a new password. Thus, can someone please provide the updated development release and let me download it from somewhere? I would like to use it with kodi 18.0, a combination supposed to work following this thread.

thanks in advance.

helge
(2019-06-15, 07:57)JohnWPB Wrote: Hey everyone.  Quite some time ago when CinemaVision was starting to be worked on, I started to create some trivia slide shows to go along with it.  I had forgotten all about it till I was going through some files and moving things around a couple days ago.

I had created a LOT of these, and it took many, many MANY hours to do all of them.  I had used artwork from TMDb.org as well as fanart.tv.   I took artistic license with a lot of them, and tried to make each slide a bit unique.   There currently are 269 completed  images.  I release these freely into the public domain, as mentioned, most of the artwork was available already, and it was a matter of me using it to create the final slides.  I used trivia from imdb.com for most of the slides information. 

My goal was to have enough slides, that you would not frequently see the same slides over and over again. With almost 300 slides, hopefully that will be the case.

I hope these will be of use to some people, considering the ridiculous amount of time I spent on them!

If you like them, please feel free to give me a thumbs up, that's not too much to ask I don't think Wink

All of the images are available on my OneDrive page ENJOY!

Resolution:  1920 x 1080  (Full HD)
Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4k)

Here are a few examples of the trivia slides.  They are all full high resolution images in 1920 x 1080.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hi, these look great but the link doesn't seem to be live anymore. Am i missing something.. i would love to use them if possible.  

Thanks
While i'm not 100% sure, it seems as if the addon is unable to access the Kodi DB for trailers, etc. Cinemavision throws an error when attempting to play trailers in Kodi Leia 18.1 and above, stating it cannot access the directory. It's possible that if you find where in the addon this is specified and where Kodi keeps this DB, a change can be made to point CV to this DB. Just a guess. I'm totally uneducated in coding but i'll try to look into the addon to find where this kind of instruction would be located and how to change it. Did Kodi 18.1 change the location of where this DB is kept? where is it located in 17.6? Anyone have any clue what the change is that broke the addon?
"ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary"- anyone getting this error when trying to run this on kodi 18? both my systems have something similar when running a sequence on CV
From Kodi 18.0 to 18.1 a bunch of things changed and that caused a number of issues with once working add-ons. Unfortunately a bunch of those great add-ons don't seem to be supported any longer. As 18.0 works with CV, has a semi-working method to use VideoExtras, imports all the extra art I use, doesn't have any issues dropping stream data as even 18.3 has and there is a working MVC 3D fork I think that's what I'm sticking for a long while. If CV has truly gone the way of Cinema Experience I am happy to have it in a pretty good working format and will continue to enjoy it as is.
(2019-07-30, 00:29)caseguy Wrote: Did Kodi 18.1 change the location of where this DB is kept? where is it located in 17.6?
No.

Same place as in v18 and v16. It is C19 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#movie
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-30, 06:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-30, 00:29)caseguy Wrote: Did Kodi 18.1 change the location of where this DB is kept? where is it located in 17.6?
No.

Same place as in v18 and v16. It is C19 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#movie 

Thank you. Apparently if you use the newest addon (not a8 but a9, has a tweak in it for 18+ users) with debug running, the addon works. Sorry for the trouble and thank you again.
(2019-08-03, 08:31)caseguy Wrote:
(2019-07-30, 06:51)Karellen Wrote:
No.

Thank you. Apparently if you use the newest addon (not a8 but a9, has a tweak in it for 18+ users) with debug running, the addon works. Sorry for the trouble and thank you again. 

It`s not working in Matrix?
So, it's been a long time - sorry about that - we ran into some issues around development but are now looking to push forward. Thanks to the community for their patience!

Version 1.1.1a9 Development Release Available on the CinemaVision.tv Website
This version contains several bug fixes, support for Kodi 18+, and more! Thanks for the support! Download it here, and leave us your feedback! If you see any issues, please post them here with the log attached.

We're looking for new Python developers to continue to move this project forward. Our current developer has other commitments, and will be taking a step back from the project. He'll still be overseeing the project and development as a whole, and will stay involved, but we need to be able to move the project forward for the community. Anyone who is interested, please shoot me a PM either here or on the CinemaVision.tv website.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Awesome!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Bombshell announcement!
I was happy to hear the announcement and then I tried it on my NVidia Shield and my FireTV 4K both running 18.3 and it showed one trailer on the Shield and three on the FireTV before it just went to a blank screen and sat there.  Subsequent runs just go to a blank screen.  I loaded the editor and my scripts look good.  I updated the media files.  Nothing.  Black screen on both.  Bottom line is it's not working here for whatever reason unknown.  I can try upgrading to 18.4 (just read about its release a little bit ago).

I've got company right now so no time to do logs, etc. right now.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
No idea what happened to my post from last night but wanted to again say Welcome Back Ragnarok.

Unfortunately in testing today I can't get a sequence to play through properly with Kodi 18.4. Went back to the previous dev version with Kodi 18.0 and it worked fine. I'll keep my eye on the development but sticking with 18.0 for now as things actually work there.
(2019-09-03, 19:15)K0D1User1138 Wrote: No idea what happened to my post from last night but wanted to again say Welcome Back Ragnarok.

Unfortunately in testing today I can't get a sequence to play through properly with Kodi 18.4. Went back to the previous dev version with Kodi 18.0 and it worked fine. I'll keep my eye on the development but sticking with 18.0 for now as things actually work there.

So it's not just my setup.  That's good to know (but bad in general).  It played like three video trailer/commercials on my FireTV4K the first time and then stopped on a blank screen.  The Nvidia Shield played one and then went to a blank screen.  Most attempts to run it result in blank screens right from the start.  The timelines look fine. 

I've also noticed my skin doesn't hide the "loading" bits either (i.e. I had Confluence modified to hide them when Cinemavision was running, but moved to an offshoot of Confluence (Xonfluence) when Confluence initially didn't appear to work in Leia 18.3 and since find it's way more fun to use, but does have some issues with search results on the newer search plugin not sorting as well as it used to (Confluence never did play nice with Cinemavision, but it's simple to modify to get it working right).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
@Ragnarok

I am not sure if this is related to Hue Service or CinemaVision but sometimes when playing a CV sequence in conjunction with Hue Service it will stop playback and force a system restart during the file transition.

Basically, I have it set so that it plays a Dolby Atmos bumper before the movie starts (which is when Hue Service kicks in to turn off the lights). The audio bumper plays fine but as it transitions to the movie it throws me back into the main menu. If you look at the log file you will see a working sequence (A Quiet Place) and a failed sequence (First Man). It seems to happen randomly and I cannot seem to narrow down the problem.
Any ideas?

Log
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5