• 109(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2021-02-20, 06:42)Reckoner89 Wrote: ....I'd love to upgrade to Matrix soon but it would be a real bummer to not have cinemavision anymore.....

There is a post from last december in the Cinemavision.tv forum about incorrect Audio bumpers to wich one of the Executive Producers replied "...Getting the app working in 19 is the priority but I am happy people are bringing up the issues so they can fixed at a later date...."

I think there is still hope.

Not sure if there is already a list of supported addons somewere...
(2021-02-20, 11:36)Reelyator Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 06:42)Reckoner89 Wrote: ....I'd love to upgrade to Matrix soon but it would be a real bummer to not have cinemavision anymore.....

There is a post from last december in the Cinemavision.tv forum about incorrect Audio bumpers to wich one of the Executive Producers replied "...Getting the app working in 19 is the priority but I am happy people are bringing up the issues so they can fixed at a later date...."

I think there is still hope.

Not sure if there is already a list of supported addons somewere...
Oh that's great news if that's true. I was afraid this addon was approaching "dead" territory.
(2021-02-20, 22:14)Reckoner89 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 06:42)Reckoner89 Wrote: ...
I was afraid this addon was approaching "dead" territory.
....definitely a "Niche-Add-on" but hopefully not completely dead yet...
....for curiosity: Has anybody who has already upgraded to Matrix checked if Cinemavison is available from the normal repository?
(2021-02-23, 13:09)Reelyator Wrote: ....for curiosity: Has anybody who has already upgraded to Matrix checked if Cinemavison is available from the normal repository?

is not there
Thank you trihy!

Just confimed on the kodi.wiki that Cinemavision is just listed on the Repo v17 and v18 but not for 19.

Let us keep Fingers crossed for the Future!
(2021-02-21, 00:11)Reelyator Wrote:

It's always surprised me that it's not one of the most used plugins. It always seemed to me that Kodi is largely a home theater player and who wouldn't want trailers before the main feature?
(2021-03-28, 19:58)jubilex Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 00:11)Reelyator Wrote:

It's always surprised me that it's not one of the most used plugins. It always seemed to me that Kodi is largely a home theater player and who wouldn't want trailers before the main feature?

I thought it was awesome for a good while and loads of fun looking up old Cinemark and GC trailers, etc. plus loads of candy commercials, etc. to show along with THX and Dolby/DTS trailers.  But like in the real theater, it started to get old after awhile and you had to do even more extra work to make sure your skin didn't say "loading" in the corner (because it seems most of the skin makers couldn't be bothered to add one stinking line of code to their default skins to support CinemaVision so I had to go in and edit them for whatever skin I ended up using) and yet more work to have CinemaVision NOT use video refresh changes (which are too slow on my projector to be useful for short commercials, etc.; I only want it for the main feature so you have to add more code somewhere that I've already managed to forget; it's on a previous page on here somewhere or on that site) and then it seems to break for every major KODI version (along with most of the better skins like XConfluence instead of that god-awful default skin KODI comes with now in putrid vertically orientated GREEN) and somehow Cinemavision doesn't get updated for ages for the new version so it's broken for huge amounts of time so you either don't upgrade KODI or you wait and wait and wait until you're blue in the face for an update that may never come, etc.  I just seemed to think why bother for all that work to keep it working.  If I want to view a trailer, I can just go play it now that I have them organized.  

I was really excited about it too.  I did a lifetime donation on their site. But it hasn't gotten many updates since and all the broken crap makes it a PITA to maintain for any amount of time.  Plus it's more fun to use with guests (they always are wowed like they're in a real theater, but then who doesn't hate commercials and previews in a real theater as time goes on and you just want to see the flipping movie?)
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Are the rumours true that they are still taking money from memberships with no updates?
(2021-03-31, 11:29)Zoltrix Wrote: Are the rumours true that they are still taking money from memberships with no updates?
...you can register for free but the you only have limited acess to the downloads. E.g. HD and UHD versions of Video Bumpers are only for "Red Carpet" members. All others must live with the SD Versions.
It is disappointing that there has been no update on the status of CV. Like CE before it, the developer just sort of.... went away. It's completely understandable that life can have other things get in the way of doing something like this, even just a lack of desire to continue.

I find it unfortunate that it isn't also a bigger desire for people to use as a feature. I've long maintained that having various levels of sequences to play would make it very much in demand. Sometimes you want that full theater experience with car commercials and concession ads and multiple trailers. Other times you might just want the audio format bumper to play like old THX VHS tapes. Having the ability to set different levels of sequence and then choose which one you want only produces 2-3 extra clicks to get your CV sequence running.

If it was more of an in demand feature then native support by default of the required skin code would also be there.

What I find the most hilariously annoying is people who say they won't want something like CV at all and then spend hours and hours a day watching videos on YouTube with pre/mid/post roll ads for nothing they even are about.

CE and then CV as it's successor with what brought me to Kodi in the first place. I don't use it often, mainly for the above reason of my main sequence being a good 20+ minutes long, but when you show it off to others they find it amazing. So that is why I don't continue to upgrade Kodi and stick with the last version that just works. I don't need anything more fancy built in that I can't take advantage of if it breaks the reason I used the program to begin with. It's still working just fine as is.
(2021-03-31, 11:52)Reelyator Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 11:29)Zoltrix Wrote: Are the rumours true that they are still taking money from memberships with no updates?
...you can register for free but the you only have limited acess to the downloads. E.g. HD and UHD versions of Video Bumpers are only for "Red Carpet" members. All others must live with the SD Versions.
lets hope they start to offer refunds...
(2021-04-01, 09:45)Zoltrix Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 11:52)Reelyator Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 11:29)Zoltrix Wrote:  
lets hope they start to offer refunds...
....unlikely.

Think about the following: What does your contract state about the services that will be provided for you Membership fees?
....Hopes and Expectations are not a contract
(2021-03-31, 20:53)K0D1User1138 Wrote: CE and then CV as it's successor with what brought me to Kodi in the first place. I don't use it often, mainly for the above reason of my main sequence being a good 20+ minutes long, but when you show it off to others they find it amazing. So that is why I don't continue to upgrade Kodi and stick with the last version that just works. I don't need anything more fancy built in that I can't take advantage of if it breaks the reason I used the program to begin with. It's still working just fine as is.

Fully agree with you. I would not use CV for watchin one TV Show episode alone under the week. But when having a Home Theater Session with Beamer and several fellows, then CV is a REALLY NICE Gimmick to create a "Real Cinema" atmosphere...

I still hope that CV will make it into Matrix as it was just commented in the CV Forum (19 hours ago) that this is worked on.
Discovered over the past few days that CV works, sometimes. It seems I need to freshly open Kodi and then run the CV set-up to scan the CV and Kodi trailers databases to make sure they are "up to date" and then I can get a full sequence to run. It will crash otherwise at different spots. Sometimes the coming soon trailers, sometimes the Kodi database trailers, sometimes just after the trivia. Frustrating when trying to show off to someone.

Got it working with the Z-wave lighting again but not certain it properly stops and then re-starts the auto refresh rate.

Also needing to update with some new trivia slides. Any good sources out there besides the CV site which doesn't seem to be supported well right now?
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5