• 91(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hey
Any news about the cinemavision service addon?
(2017-06-05, 19:49)Ragnarok Wrote: I think I have your account fixed. Do me a favor and clear your local cache and such as well, just to cover all bases. I logged in under your account and was able to successfully download both of the files you listed. I also made some modifications to two-factor authentication, and it should prompt members less. We set it up to protect RedCarpet Club member accounts, and I didn't realize it was annoying. :)

Hm, I think I might have found the problem, actually. I was right-clicking and choosing Download Linked File As… because I didn't want to move the file from my Downloads folder — but left-clicking on the button doesn't start the download, it produces a popover with terms and conditions, so it looks like it was trying to download something which didn't have a file on it, just an attached JavaScript event. Right-clicking on the button in the popover worked as expected :)

Thanks for your help!
Hey guys!
So I've noticed now when I run a sequence, a message pops up that says "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play." I have not had that happen before. Usually it would just skip to the next bumper if there is no items to play in that folder. It seems to happening before trivia. When I hit ok, it just starts back into the sequence. Anybody else experience this? Any solutions?
So I finally got around to updating Kodi and playing with some new stuff, and this thing is just amazing. Within a couple of hours I had a working sequence controlling my Hue lights in the living room, including the time it took to learn the basics of the Hue API. Extremely good job.

I've been digging through docs and don't see a way to do this unless I missed it: is there a way to send a command if you pause a movie? I'd like to bring the lights up on pause.
Any update on the next round of dev?

Curious if the ability to select from a list of sequences will be added, or sequences based on tags of the main feature.
(2017-06-20, 00:46)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Any update on the next round of dev?

Curious if the ability to select from a list of sequences will be added, or sequences based on tags of the main feature.
I haven't run CinemaVision in awhile since I'm still building the theater room in my new home, but I'm pretty sure CinemaVision already let's you select from a list of sequences you've created. I have about a dozen or so.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2017-06-19, 23:31)ECEC Wrote: So I finally got around to updating Kodi and playing with some new stuff, and this thing is just amazing. Within a couple of hours I had a working sequence controlling my Hue lights in the living room, including the time it took to learn the basics of the Hue API. Extremely good job.

I've been digging through docs and don't see a way to do this unless I missed it: is there a way to send a command if you pause a movie? I'd like to bring the lights up on pause.
Yep, you just need to create a new action and point to it in the CinemaVision settings when you pause (not at my KODI box at the moment so can't tell you exactly where but it's there, just dig around for it). I have mine turning on the lights dimly when paused and back to movie mode when I resume.

I'm just waiting now for the ability to add an action to automatically dim the lights up when the last chapter begins (credits).
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2017-06-05, 22:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I am not trying to add a CV specific folder to a custom module. Never min that I could do that anyways as I do have access to the CV root folder and sub-folders there after.

I am trying to change customer folder based modules that once worked and once were simple and easy to access to the newly named folders. I changed some file name structures around because it made the database I maintain (in several places) cleaner and easier to navigate. I simply need to change the CV modules that are already set-up to look for random files within directory d:\Movie Trailers to d:\New Movie Trailers or something similar. And that D drive is not a local drive but a networked drive and set of folders for several instances of CV.

I am not new to setting up and configuring CV. This was an issue during the initial development that was resolved and once so made using CV super easy to create multiple sequences based on many different custom folder choices. It has nothing to do with the base CV folder set. CV simply does not allow access to find local or network folders the way Kodi does, either through added sources in the file manage menu or just through CV itself.

And the incorrect behaviour is different depending on what instance of Kodi I am using even though all installed versions are the same most recent release through the depot.

This was something that was easy and simple to do before. It is now broken.
(2017-06-05, 22:29)Charger Hellcat Wrote: At this point I am going to manually edit the CV sequences to made the directory changes to those files. Hopefully nothing further breaks in the CV/Kodi development process.

That fixed it.

Glad you got it sorted out, sorry I've been MIA for a few. Had some family medical stuff come up that I had to power through and it got me a bit distracted. You didn't fall off the radar though, I've added your issue to our issues list and our developer will look into it.

(2017-06-06, 01:00)horstepipe Wrote: Hey
Any news about the cinemavision service addon?

The first version of the CinemaVision Service Add-on is actually next on our list after conditional sequences are added to the main add-on. It should take us about a week to create it, so it should be out fairly quickly, I'd think. What features are you (any of you) looking for specifically? I'm mapping out the features we'll be including now, and want to make sure everything you all want is in there. The main feature, automatic content updates, will absolutely be included when the CinemaVision Service Add-on goes live.

(2017-06-06, 20:46)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Hm, I think I might have found the problem, actually. I was right-clicking and choosing Download Linked File As… because I didn't want to move the file from my Downloads folder — but left-clicking on the button doesn't start the download, it produces a popover with terms and conditions, so it looks like it was trying to download something which didn't have a file on it, just an attached JavaScript event. Right-clicking on the button in the popover worked as expected Smile

Thanks for your help!

Glad you got it sorted out! You're very welcome, holler if you need anything else.

(2017-06-19, 21:07)KrispyKreme Wrote: Hey guys!
So I've noticed now when I run a sequence, a message pops up that says "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play." I have not had that happen before. Usually it would just skip to the next bumper if there is no items to play in that folder. It seems to happening before trivia. When I hit ok, it just starts back into the sequence. Anybody else experience this? Any solutions?

Have you moved any of your content around? If you've added or moved anything at all under your %CVROOT% directory that you've set as your Content path in settings, you need to Update content before CinemaVision will see the changes. Beyond that, I'll need a full debug log from you to figure out what's going on here.

(2017-06-20, 00:46)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Any update on the next round of dev?

(2017-06-25, 06:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I haven't run CinemaVision in awhile since I'm still building the theater room in my new home, but I'm pretty sure CinemaVision already let's you select from a list of sequences you've created. I have about a dozen or so.

CinemaVision does have a way to select your sequence built into the Queue Dialog (if you have that enabled), but the feature Charger Hellcat is talking about is something that we're putting the finishing touches on right now. It does a whole lot more than just tags, too. Our new conditional sequences allow you to set values for your sequence using a ton of information directly from the Kodi database (like genre, rating, etc.), a date, a date range and more. It's taken us longer to implement than I'd like, but the feature is a huge hurdle for us and I'm very happy with it. We're putting some finishing touches on the UI for it which is a whole lot easier to use than manually typing in the values you want for your sequence. This feature is basically the only thing we'll be finishing for this next point release. We're still working on adding a bunch of features in, but because of the scope of conditional sequences, I'd like you guys to help me test it. Big Grin

(2017-06-19, 23:31)ECEC Wrote: So I finally got around to updating Kodi and playing with some new stuff, and this thing is just amazing. Within a couple of hours I had a working sequence controlling my Hue lights in the living room, including the time it took to learn the basics of the Hue API. Extremely good job.

(2017-06-25, 06:08)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Yep, you just need to create a new action and point to it in the CinemaVision settings when you pause (not at my KODI box at the moment so can't tell you exactly where but it's there, just dig around for it). I have mine turning on the lights dimly when paused and back to movie mode when I resume.

I'm just waiting now for the ability to add an action to automatically dim the lights up when the last chapter begins (credits).

He's absolutely right. In the CinemaVision Add-on Settings, you'll find the Pause, Resume and Abort Actions under the Actions menu item.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
A couple of feature requests I have are, the automatic content updates and proper filtering of streaming trailers.

Lately, Apple introduced movie clips alongside trailers and this addon picks them up the same. They are annoying little 1 min clips, out of context and with no movie name or anything.
(2017-06-19, 21:07)KrispyKreme Wrote: Hey guys!

(2017-06-19, 21:07)Ragnarok Wrote: Have you moved any of your content around? If you've added or moved anything at all under your %CVROOT% directory that you've set as your Content path in settings, you need to Update content before CinemaVision will see the changes. Beyond that, I'll need a full debug log from you to figure out what's going on here.

Hey thanks Ragnarok

I actually figured it out. It had something to do with the streaming soundtrack music I had playing while the triva slides were playing. Either the stream is not working or the file needs to be updated. Are there other sources we can use other than that?
(2017-06-25, 16:46)aptalca Wrote: A couple of feature requests I have are, the automatic content updates and proper filtering of streaming trailers.

Lately, Apple introduced movie clips alongside trailers and this addon picks them up the same. They are annoying little 1 min clips, out of context and with no movie name or anything.

We think we've got this fixed in our latest development release.

(2017-06-28, 17:30)KrispyKreme Wrote: Hey thanks Ragnarok

I actually figured it out. It had something to do with the streaming soundtrack music I had playing while the triva slides were playing. Either the stream is not working or the file needs to be updated. Are there other sources we can use other than that?

We've got a ton of playlist files for streaming radio up on the website, but we don't control any of them at all. We thought about hosting our own, but the licensing costs are ridiculous. The most sure fire way I've found to avoid the streams going down is to host music locally, unfortunately.

Speaking of the latest development release... a build with conditional sequences and a few bug fixes is up on the website! Please give us your feedback. The UI isn't final, but we're looking for your thoughts on the overall functionality.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
So this new build lets you choose settings to run a particular sequence but it does not have options to be based on file names or tags?

That's what I'm really looking for.

Actually, looking for modules that would be triggered by tags for the particular movie. example "Best Picture" or "D-Box".
(2017-06-30, 09:48)Charger Hellcat Wrote: So this new build lets you choose settings to run a particular sequence but it does not have options to be based on file names or tags?

Actually, looking for modules that would be triggered by tags for the particular movie. example "Best Picture" or "D-Box".

This build does not yet have support for filename tags, but that is something that we plan to add in the near future. We wanted to get this version out to give people some time to play with the new functionality and give us feedback. Right now, Conditional Sequences only support data from the Kodi library. We do plan to add filename tags both to Conditional Sequences and to the Command Module in the future.

(2017-06-30, 22:26)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2017-06-30, 09:48)Charger Hellcat Wrote: So this new build lets you choose settings to run a particular sequence but it does not have options to be based on file names or tags?

This build does not yet have support for filename tags, but that is something that we plan to add in the near future. We wanted to get this version out to give people some time to play with the new functionality and give us feedback. Right now, Conditional Sequences only support data from the Kodi library. We do plan to add filename tags both to Conditional Sequences and to the Command Module in the future.

I'm looking for the sequence and modules to have conditions based on tags which are apart of the Kodi library. Movies are scraped with all sorts of tags automatically but you can also add your own personal ones of anything you'd like.

Skins can read these tags and evoke special actions, at least in the DialogueVideoInfo screen. They "should" be readable the same way MPAA Rating, Genre or any other database info is.

That's what I'd get excited about. That and having the option to launch various versions of a sequence rather than just 1 for 2D and 1 for 3D. Having a "full", "short" and "alternate" options would be nice in a pop-up dialogue after I hit the CV button in the info screen.
(2017-07-01, 04:25)Charger Hellcat Wrote: This build does not yet have support for filename tags, but that is something that we plan to add in the near future. We wanted to get this version out to give people some time to play with the new functionality and give us feedback. Right now, Conditional Sequences only support data from the Kodi library. We do plan to add filename tags both to Conditional Sequences and to the Command Module in the future.

I'm looking for the sequence and modules to have conditions based on tags which are apart of the Kodi library. Movies are scraped with all sorts of tags automatically but you can also add your own personal ones of anything you'd like.

Skins can read these tags and evoke special actions, at least in the DialogueVideoInfo screen. They "should" be readable the same way MPAA Rating, Genre or any other database info is.

I didn't even realize Kodi had support for custom tags, to be honest. We'll put that in the next version.

(2017-07-01, 04:25)Charger Hellcat Wrote: That's what I'd get excited about. That and having the option to launch various versions of a sequence rather than just 1 for 2D and 1 for 3D. Having a "full", "short" and "alternate" options would be nice in a pop-up dialogue after I hit the CV button in the info screen.

Talk through this one with me. Various versions of the same Sequence, that way you only have to create it once? Or are you saying you'd want to create several different Sequences and be able to choose from them when you select CinemaVision from the context menu? You can already change your Sequence when you use the Queue Dialog, but currently if you bypass the Queue Dialog it just launches straight into either your Default Sequence or matches your feature to a Conditional Sequence.

• 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5