• 10(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Any updated eta on the release date yet?
Hi guys, this looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to test it out!

I have one question though...
Are there any plans (and if not maybe it's an idea to think about Tongue) on implementing philips hue and other home automation systems to get an even bigger "cinema feel" effect?

cheers
Help!! i need some beta...Help!! i need some preview help!!! kkkkkkkk

I'm jocking...cheers!
(2015-08-11, 00:42)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi guys, this looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to test it out!

Are there any plans (and if not maybe it's an idea to think about Tongue) on implementing philips hue and other home automation systems to get an even bigger "cinema feel" effect?

cheers

From the post on the first page under FAQ:
Will home automation support be included?
We plan to include support for Event Ghost, RPi.GPIO and Z-Wave. Other home automation solutions will be considered as the demand for them increases.
(2015-08-12, 01:46)Banditt Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 00:42)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi guys, this looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to test it out!

cheers

From the post on the first page under FAQ:
Will home automation support be included?
We plan to include support for Event Ghost, RPi.GPIO and Z-Wave. Other home automation solutions will be considered as the demand for them increases.
What does support for zwave actually mean? Zwave is hardware based and there are a ton of different hw controllers each with different software and api's. I guess one common thing is http commands since a lot of zwave controller software accept them. Is that the plan?
I too am looking forward to this addon as well - so excited!

Any chance, the script will allow an option, say after a certain event, give us the option execute a command?

For example:

After Trivia Completes, run this: allow user to type a batch job, run a URL, script etc that may not be HUE or automation device related?

Please say YES! Smile

cheers

this is a great idea.
Going through all the suggestions for new features, I'm realizing this will be the single greatest tool for home theater junkies ever.
Also I would love to help in anyway I can. So If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Is this going to be possible to select a series of video in different folders to play according to your order?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-08-10, 18:35)theabbot Wrote: Any updated eta on the release date yet?

I got a new version the night before last that I've been testing... I'll be putting up a new video later tonight. It's coming together, and our developer thinks we could have a public beta release in the next week or so, which is very exciting. There are still some features to work out, but it's functional as it sits right now.

(2015-08-11, 00:42)BugRaider84 Wrote: Are there any plans (and if not maybe it's an idea to think about Tongue) on implementing philips hue and other home automation systems to get an even bigger "cinema feel" effect?

Hue is one of the things we're looking at for home automation, but we haven't gotten much farther than looking up APIs and reading about implementation as far as I know. To facilitate a faster public release, home automation may not be available day one. We'll see how much work it is to implement all of it.

(2015-08-12, 02:29)aptalca Wrote: What does support for zwave actually mean? Zwave is hardware based and there are a ton of different hw controllers each with different software and api's. I guess one common thing is http commands since a lot of zwave controller software accept them. Is that the plan?

To be honest I'm not sure yet. I went looking for some of the popular HA solutions that Kodi users use, and basically told our developer "these. make these things work." and haven't thought myself about how/if they will work. I do know the overall concept, which is that you'll select your HA solution in the add-on settings, and then when you insert an Action Module into your sequence, all of the commands for that HA solution will be available there for you to use without having to code a single thing. That's the aim, anyway.

(2015-08-12, 18:29)bushhy Wrote: I too am looking forward to this addon as well - so excited!

Any chance, the script will allow an option, say after a certain event, give us the option execute a command?

For example:

After Trivia Completes, run this: allow user to type a batch job, run a URL, script etc that may not be HUE or automation device related?

Please say YES! Smile

If you would, give me some examples of what you'd want to do with that functionality. It's certainly possible, but I'm curious what that would buy us. What we're trying not to do is make things complicated and manual for the end users. We'd rather have user friendly options than a setting that requires a full command line or something along those lines.

(2015-08-12, 19:30)movie78 Wrote: Is this going to be possible to select a series of video in different folders to play according to your order?

Thanks!

That's not currently possible. Right now, it's single video either selected or randomly from the appropriate CinemaVision folder. Again, not all the features are there, yet. In the future, we may allow the building of a playlist and that playlist to be played via the Video Bumpers Module, if there's enough interest in that functionality.

(2015-08-12, 19:16)Therealmr_cooper Wrote: Going through all the suggestions for new features, I'm realizing this will be the single greatest tool for home theater junkies ever.
Also I would love to help in anyway I can. So If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to let me know.

The feedback has been incredible so far! We're very excited about the possibilities with this add-on. We're really trying to build something for everyone, which is difficult (but not impossible) to do. I can't tell you how rewarding it is to see the positive community response to what we're trying to do here. It makes us proud to be a part of this.

As soon as our developer tells me he's ready for widespread testing, the beta will be posted to the CinemaVision website for all of you to download. I'm still working on getting content uploaded and showcased on the site - but I've been nailed at work since Sunday.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
For home automation you simply need the ability to call a URL at any transition, as most home automation stuff will work on a JSON type call. Alternatively the ability to call another add-on at any stage.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-12, 23:28)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 18:29)bushhy Wrote: I too am looking forward to this addon as well - so excited!

For example:

Please say YES! Smile

If you would, give me some examples of what you'd want to do with that functionality. It's certainly possible, but I'm curious what that would buy us. What we're trying not to do is make things complicated and manual for the end users. We'd rather have user friendly options than a setting that requires a full command line or something along those lines.

It's not necessary over complicated. If it's only an option, it's possible to hide it (an expert mod as for the kodi settings)...
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
There are an infinite variety of things you'd want a script to do, eg:

Dim lights
Set phone system to answer mode.
Close curtains
Summon the robotic beer delivery system
Tweet your followers
Start the popcorn machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-13, 01:10)nickr Wrote: For home automation you simply need the ability to call a URL at any transition, as most home automation stuff will work on a JSON type call. Alternatively the ability to call another add-on at any stage.

Thanks Nikr...that's how I meant to word my request earlier. couldnt think too straight on this while I was at work! lol.

But yes, I would like to call a URL during any transition that would execute home automation devices to execute a scene setting.
A new preview video is up on the first page! Let me know what you all think...
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Working now!

Overall, looking good. Seems pretty easy to navigate the set-up and add/delete/move things around. I understand you are still working on modules and adding new things to them but I'll give my full feedback.

Really like how it 'just knows' where everything will be by default. That's a huge time saver. As is being able to actually save the sequence.

For audio bumpers, your example of having a receiver upscale and therefor you override all audio formats makes sense. However, I'd prefer to have the actual audio format bumper shown even if I am using upscaling. Just like taking a DVD and upscalling it to 1080p isn't actually "Full HD". As mentioned before a module that can be set with various parameters and possible overrides would be a great step to achieve this. If you like I can explain this idea again or in better detail. Unless this is what you intend to use the Command feature for in which case more detail on how you set that up would be great. What you have in the video makes sense for what you have it doing but doesn't show how you set up those specific commands and the other options you could insert.

For trailers, the option to use local library trailers (based on the xxx-trailer.xxx from the Kodi recognized filename) would be great. As well as support for other streaming sources which others are hoping for.

The 'Working' dialogue comes up when Kodi is trying to access and then pre-cache the upcoming video. It will show up as often as Kodi needs to do this and won't matter if it's CV or CE or just playing a movie from a hard drive that's sleeping. I personally hate that it says 'Working'. The spinning wheel was enough to let me know what was happening without making it a big flashy show. Would love to eliminate that myself.

How were you navigating forward and back on the slides and jumping forward and back through the videos? Left/right arrows? Up/Down arrows? PageUp/Down?

As a final note, I found the audio in your video to be very low. Had to turn the speakers way up to hear. Might just be me but other YouTube videos would scream at me at that level.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5