Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: For audio bumpers, your example of having a receiver upscale and therefor you override all audio formats makes sense. However, I'd prefer to have the actual audio format bumper shown even if I am using upscaling. Just like taking a DVD and upscalling it to 1080p isn't actually "Full HD". As mentioned before a module that can be set with various parameters and possible overrides would be a great step to achieve this. If you like I can explain this idea again or in better detail.

I think I see what you're saying. It's possible we could have settings for receiver capability, like this:
  • [Boolean] Receiver is DTS:X Capable
  • [Boolean] Receiver is Dolby Atmos Capable
  • [Boolean] Receiver is Auro-3D Capable

You could enable or disable those Boolean (for the non-programmers, on/off) options to override all audio formats played. Also, the only format that it would truly affect is DTS:X, unfortunately. DTS:X is the only one that works that way that I know of. Dolby Atmos requires specific channels to be split and doesn't truly upscale from other Dolby formats. The same with Auro-3D. I think the clean way to do it is wait until we start to see videos with those formats embedded in them, and then figure out how Kodi reads that format and add it to the add-on. The way CinemaVision handles Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D right now is only temporary until the formats become more available to consumers, which I don't think is far off. It'll be an easy add when the time comes. What do you think?

(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: Unless this is what you intend to use the Command feature for in which case more detail on how you set that up would be great. What you have in the video makes sense for what you have it doing but doesn't show how you set up those specific commands and the other options you could insert.

Right now, the Command module is intended to allow conditional looping in the sequence. We couldn't think of more functionality that was appropriate to add there, although I'm sure more will be added in the future. I'll make it a point to show the creation of a sequence from scratch in the next video, with the Command module included. Truthfully, I didn't even think about it at the time. Upon release, there will be a ton of how to videos for configuring the add-on.

(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: For trailers, the option to use local library trailers (based on the xxx-trailer.xxx from the Kodi recognized filename) would be great. As well as support for other streaming sources which others are hoping for.

That's coming, but not in there just yet. We wanted to get the experience player working, and scraping trailers from iTunes working first. Our developer even wrote a scraper for 3D trailers from various websites - but we haven't started on 3D just yet.

(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: The 'Working' dialogue comes up when Kodi is trying to access and then pre-cache the upcoming video. It will show up as often as Kodi needs to do this and won't matter if it's CV or CE or just playing a movie from a hard drive that's sleeping. I personally hate that it says 'Working'. The spinning wheel was enough to let me know what was happening without making it a big flashy show. Would love to eliminate that myself.

I completely agree. It doesn't show all the time, and it might be possible to hide it. We're not sure yet.

(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: How were you navigating forward and back on the slides and jumping forward and back through the videos? Left/right arrows? Up/Down arrows? PageUp/Down?

Navigating forward and back through Trivia Slides is the left and right arrow keys. Navigating forward and back through modules is PgUp for forward, and PgDn for backward.

(2015-08-15, 06:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: As a final note, I found the audio in your video to be very low. Had to turn the speakers way up to hear. Might just be me but other YouTube videos would scream at me at that level.

I'll make sure to turn up the recording volume on my mic before doing the next one!

(2015-08-15, 08:45)arithine Wrote: I would like to know this as well, I use a remote with only my most needed functions mapped to it (I had to work hard to condense it all down to the available key binds the remote can call), what do you mean by page down etc? Perhaps using big skip forward would be a better option to skip modules, left and right to go back and forth through slides and up to skip to the next module.

I'll talk to the developer to get a better explanation of why he wanted to use PgUp/PgDn and get back to you all. I believe it had something to do with folks using remotes. That might also be something that we can put a setting in to allow you all to control the hotkeys, so you don't have to reprogram remotes.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content

Messages In This Thread
RE: CinemaVision Add-on: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home - by CinemaVision-Scott - 2015-08-15, 17:22
Cinemavision Addon - need help - by Mike413 - 2020-05-15, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5