• 18(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-09-05, 00:38)Tterrafan Wrote: Is it possible to automatically launch cinema vision before every movie? (So when I press Play on a movie, the intro starts and after, the movie)
Because i always use my iPad for movie selection and there's no possibility to launch cinema vision.

What app do you use on your ipad? And how are you launching the movie itself from within that app?

Right now the answer to your question is no. It's something that has been discussed but needs to be worked on if at all possible. Same with skin integration is still a WIP for a CV button like CE had. Scott will know better to what extent this has been worked to.
So there is no hook to start from, eg, the addon that allows any script on play/stop?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For those keeping track, we've had 2 more releases since the initial Beta! Go get the update!

(2015-09-04, 21:05)wpbpete Wrote: Big Grin Awesome work guys
And soooo easy to to get it up and running, download, enable, launch, WoW! Big Grin

Question: The Audio Format Bumper is only playing 2.0 audio, I suppose it's because it's streaming a cvurl... I have a CE folder with actual audio files that I'm trying to point CV to but it won't pick up the entire folder, just individual files. What am I doing wrong?
Settings>audioformat>Method>File

That's correct. Any content streaming in from YouTube or most anywhere else will be in stereo, and not surround. If you download the audio format bumpers from the CinemaVIsion site, they are actually encoded in the correct audio format. You'll want to make sure your Audio Format Bumper Module is set to Autodetect, and make sure you put the correct bumpers that pertain to the formats in the %CVROOT%\Audio Format Bumpers\%FORMATNAME% folders. It will play a single bumper randomly from these folders.

(2015-09-04, 21:50)coyote82 Wrote: is there also already a plan to make it workable to use the cinema experience button in the menu to start a movie? Or do I always program a sequence for a movie?

That's up to the skinners to decide. We created a context item add-on that's downloadable from the site that will allow you to launch the experience from the context menu on any movie until skinners integrate CV into their skins. You only have to configure your sequences (2D & 3D), and then assign those in the add-on configuration. Once you do that, that sequence will be your default for that type of movie until you change it. You can create as many different sequences as you want, and swap between them easily.

(2015-09-05, 00:38)Tterrafan Wrote: Is it possible to automatically launch cinema vision before every movie? (So when I press Play on a movie, the intro starts and after, the movie)
Because i always use my iPad for movie selection and there's no possibility to launch cinema vision.
(2015-09-05, 03:16)Dave the Minion Wrote: What app do you use on your ipad? And how are you launching the movie itself from within that app?

Right now the answer to your question is no. It's something that has been discussed but needs to be worked on if at all possible. Same with skin integration is still a WIP for a CV button like CE had. Scott will know better to what extent this has been worked to.

It's not currently possible to override play, but there is a hack you can do to make that work if you want. Cinema Experience used that hack to make it work. It's not likely we'll add that in, but once I iron out what the hack is I'll probably post it for you all to use. I wonder how the context item add-on works with the iPad. Once skinners integrate it, you can also launch it from the Movie Information screen.

(2015-09-05, 04:05)nickr Wrote: So there is no hook to start from, eg, the addon that allows any script on play/stop?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. You can run scripts and applications using the Action Module.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hi Scott,
I just want to say thank you again and bring up a possible bug report...
Been playing around with the new Beta and I no longer have MPAA ratings bumper like in the last beta. In the log it looks like the MPAA is being deciphered as language. It is in the log below around line 1536.
Code:
Rating (MPAA): language

Debug Log
Love the additions to the timeline and pop-up questions to set a sequence as the default 2D or 3D. Those make setting things up much simpler.

SKIN INTEGRATION WORKS! PRAISE JEEBUS!!!

The pop-up to see the qued movies is nice but would be cool if it was a context menu option and not the default option from the movie info screen. Thought being if I've browsed to a specific movie and click the CV button in the movie info screen I just want CV to play that movie alone. But hey, it's working and I can't complain about an extra click (too much).

The only real problem I'm having now is CV skipping local database trailers because the drives it's trying to pull these from are spun down. Wondering what's the best way to be able to get drives to spin up as part of the que or running a WOL script or something to get things going before the sequence gets there. Maybe just the wait time CV has before skipping the trailers it can't get to play?

I'm still not sure how to set-up 3D. As in where do the 3D videos all go for CV to see them? What tags CV is using to play/ignore them etc. Would like to work that out soon.

Also, has anyone tested this with a Vera Z-Wave system yet? I'm new to the home automation side of things and did have CE doing a few tricks. Would love to learn before heading to my buddy's to test out.
I'm using the Raspberry Pi 2. Sometimes the trivia slides fade as expected for the full duration of a test sequence, but quite often they won't fade at all during another test run of the sequence. I tried both the Rapier and Confluence skins but it isn't consistent yet. Is there any known way to force-fade and esure a smooth transition between each slide?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-05, 05:33)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hi Scott,
I just want to say thank you again and bring up a possible bug report...
Been playing around with the new Beta and I no longer have MPAA ratings bumper like in the last beta. In the log it looks like the MPAA is being deciphered as language. It is in the log below around line 1536.
Code:
Rating (MPAA): language

Debug Log

I'll have our developer take a look at this - we still have a little work to do on Ratings Bumpers and how they're handled.

(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: Love the additions to the timeline and pop-up questions to set a sequence as the default 2D or 3D. Those make setting things up much simpler.

Glad those additions are going over well! We figured it was a little unclear.

(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: SKIN INTEGRATION WORKS! PRAISE JEEBUS!!!

The pop-up to see the qued movies is nice but would be cool if it was a context menu option and not the default option from the movie info screen. Thought being if I've browsed to a specific movie and click the CV button in the movie info screen I just want CV to play that movie alone. But hey, it's working and I can't complain about an extra click (too much).

YES! I'm still working out the flow of the way CV is executed. I'm thinking about having our developer put in an option in the settings to bypass the Queue screen (only if there's a single feature in queue) and go directly to the experience, for those of us who want to get rid of that extra click.

(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: The only real problem I'm having now is CV skipping local database trailers because the drives it's trying to pull these from are spun down. Wondering what's the best way to be able to get drives to spin up as part of the que or running a WOL script or something to get things going before the sequence gets there. Maybe just the wait time CV has before skipping the trailers it can't get to play?

I'm not sure how to get around that... Maybe there's a way to use the Action Module to run a script or executable against those drives to wake them? I'll run it by our developer, too.

(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: I'm still not sure how to set-up 3D. As in where do the 3D videos all go for CV to see them? What tags CV is using to play/ignore them etc. Would like to work that out soon.

To be honest, I haven't even had a chance to test 3D myself. I'm pretty sure that you set up your 3D sequence with your 3D glasses bumpers and such, and then when you run a 3D feature, it defaults to that sequence. It will play 3D files from the normal CinemaVision folders, so put your 2D and 3D content together.

(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: Also, has anyone tested this with a Vera Z-Wave system yet? I'm new to the home automation side of things and did have CE doing a few tricks. Would love to learn before heading to my buddy's to test out.

Please test it with any and all possible Home Automation solutions, and post your working action files!

(2015-09-05, 05:43)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I'm using the Raspberry Pi 2. Sometimes the trivia slides fade as expected for the full duration of a test sequence, but quite often they won't fade at all during another test run of the sequence. I tried both the Rapier and Confluence skins but it isn't consistent yet. Is there any known way to force-fade and esure a smooth transition between each slide?

Have you tried the other transitions? It's possible that fade is too much (however unlikely) for the Pi. I'll talk to our developer and see what he thinks. I don't have a Pi to test this, unfortunately. You might also try dialing the fade transition up and down to see if it becomes more reliable. Let me know what you find!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Scott, how does CV know which videos are 2D and which are 3D? If I have 2 dtsHD Living World audio bumpers, one 2D and the other 3D, in the same dtsHD directory what is CV reading to play the 2D for the 2D sequence and similar for the 3D sequence? This is where I am confused as CE used different 3D specified folders for 3D content.
Also, just to throw another kink into the chain but, it's cool CV can be used with TV shows now. But we need to be able to save a sequence for TV that's different than the 2D and 3D ones by default.

Personally if watching Band of Brothers or Game of Thrones it would be cool to see the audio and THX bumpers but I don't want to run all the other bumpers and trailers and such.

More work for the dev, I know. I'm a bad Minion.
(2015-09-05, 05:39)Dave the Minion Wrote: SKIN INTEGRATION WORKS! PRAISE JEEBUS!!!

Wait, what? What skin are you using? Is it similar to the CE button that is currently implemented in a lot of skins?
(2015-09-05, 10:44)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:

Wait, what? What skin are you using? Is it similar to the CE button that is currently implemented in a lot of skins?

You'd need to have the skinner add the code posted on the first page of this thread and then ye, you get a CV button in the movie info screen like you'd have a CE button. It works the same accept at the moment it brings up a video que list that you can remove and qued movies from, even if you only have 1. Then you click play and viola, it works.
(2015-09-05, 10:47)Dave the Minion Wrote:

You'd need to have the skinner add the code posted on the first page of this thread and then ye, you get a CV button in the movie info screen like you'd have a CE button. It works the same accept at the moment it brings up a video que list that you can remove and qued movies from, even if you only have 1. Then you click play and viola, it works.

And you already had a skinner do that for you? Or how did you test it?
(2015-09-05, 10:48)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:47)Dave the Minion Wrote:

It's built into the Aeon Nox Silvo skin I believe. I've had the code in my skin for awhile doing pre-beta testing. That's why I was rejoicing when it actually, finally worked. It's not hard code to implement if you have any skinning experience or know how to find the 1080i sub-folder in a skin folder and use Notepad++.
(2015-09-05, 10:55)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:48)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:47)Dave the Minion Wrote: You'd need to have the skinner add the code posted on the first page of this thread and then ye, you get a CV button in the movie info screen like you'd have a CE button. It works the same accept at the moment it brings up a video que list that you can remove and qued movies from, even if you only have 1. Then you click play and viola, it works.

It's built into the Aeon Nox Silvo skin I believe. I've had the code in my skin for awhile doing pre-beta testing. That's why I was rejoicing when it actually, finally worked. It's not hard code to implement if you have any skinning experience or know how to find the 1080i sub-folder in a skin folder and use Notepad++.

I see.

I'm on Aeon MQ6 so I might ask them to integrate the add-on if at all possible. It comes pre-installed with CE so I don't see why not.
(2015-09-05, 11:06)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:55)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:48)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: And you already had a skinner do that for you? Or how did you test it?

I see.

I'm on Aeon MQ6 so I might ask them to integrate the add-on if at all possible. It comes pre-installed with CE so I don't see why not.

The code is almost the same as CE so they should be able to integrate it pretty easy. Just direct them to the first post of this thread to find the code. It's like 30 seconds of tweaking the DialogVideoInfo.XML file.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5