• 32(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-09-22, 15:20)HTFanatic Wrote: Hi all,

I downloaded the zip file that is the CinemaVision download and extracted it into its own folder in the root of C:\ called "CV".

I may be mistaken but I didn't see a .exe executable file and I watched the first few minutes of Ragnarok's youtube video where there is a "Launch"

button.

Is there an executable that you first click on or do you put the unzipped files into a certain Kodi directory and then go to the add "Add-ons" area of Kodi

where you will then see the CinemaVision Add-on after putting the unzipped files into the Kodi Add-on directory in Windows Explorer?

Or do you just put the extracted files (listed below) into a Kodi "Add-on" directory and then like magic the CinemaVision Add-on will show up among the list of Add-ons to
install into Kodi?

The list of files I get when extracted are the following:

Resources (folder)
addon.py
addon.xml
changelog.txt
icon.png
LICENSE.txt

Thanks! Big Grin
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add..._zip_files
Wink 
(2015-09-22, 18:11)bry- Wrote:

I downloaded the zip file that is the CinemaVision download and extracted it into its own folder in the root of C:\ called "CV".

I may be mistaken but I didn't see a .exe executable file and I watched the first few minutes of Ragnarok's youtube video where there is a "Launch"

button.

Is there an executable that you first click on or do you put the unzipped files into a certain Kodi directory and then go to the add "Add-ons" area of Kodi

where you will then see the CinemaVision Add-on after putting the unzipped files into the Kodi Add-on directory in Windows Explorer?

Or do you just put the extracted files (listed below) into a Kodi "Add-on" directory and then like magic the CinemaVision Add-on will show up among the list of Add-ons to
install into Kodi?

The list of files I get when extracted are the following:

Resources (folder)
addon.py
addon.xml
changelog.txt
icon.png
LICENSE.txt

Thanks! Big Grin
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add..._zip_files

Thanks bry!!!!! Big GrinBlush
(2015-09-22, 03:26)scott967 Wrote: removed post. Seems like fixed in ver 0.40

scott s.

We beat you to it! Wink

(2015-09-22, 06:22)Dave the Minion Wrote: Would gladly give you a log but I killed my CV userdata folder to try and resolve the issue and now every part of my Kodi installs, everywhere, can't access anything on Windows SMB which is another issue I'm trying to get help for elsewhere.

Please do let us know if you can get a signal to autoswitch displays though. That would be super useful (once full MVC support is actually possible with a $1000 machine vs a $35 machine.).

Undecided That sounds like a nightmare, sir. Good luck rebuilding. I know it's a pain.

(2015-09-22, 07:53)cirkator Wrote: Hi Scott, in a german kodi forum i am a user of, two users created addons to auto switch to the TVs 3D mode.
One for LG TVs, the other for Sony. Maybe you can find there what you are looking for.

Its in german, so if google translate doesnt help you enough, write me and i will translate it for you.

LG Auto-Switch 3D
Sony Auto-Switch 3D

I'm going to be trying the LG one out tonight. Big Grin If I can figure out how to get it working in an action file, I'll post the file up to the website as well.

(2015-09-22, 10:45)popcorn903 Wrote: Just tested 0.0.40 and its working great!
Sequence editor issue is gone and everything works consistently with one exception.

I have a .mkv movie file that seems to always skip the trailers yet play everything else in the sequence.
Here is the log but I'm not to worried about it as it is only this file with the issue (as far as I know).

Good to hear! I can tell you the issue you're having. We have been fighting with iTunes trying to get the right result, and frankly they're just dropping the ball. So there are very few, if any, G rated trailers on iTunes. The majority of their trailers for movies that have been given a G rating by the MPAA are actually listed on iTunes as Not Rated. All we can really do is wait for Apple to get on the ball, or fall back to local G trailers if you have them on your system.

Glad you got this answered, thanks bry! I also updated the Installation and Configuration sections on the first page.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Scott,

Any chance you can add a section to the first page, how to remove the old version and update to the new? I assume there are some special steps? Or is simply let Kodi auto-update?

Thanks!
Hi Scott, FYI I did a clean install of the 0.42 beta on two devices (see signature) and the slides no longer fade on either one. Update: None of the transitions seem to be working.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-22, 22:43)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Good to hear! I can tell you the issue you're having. We have been fighting with iTunes trying to get the right result, and frankly they're just dropping the ball. So there are very few, if any, G rated trailers on iTunes. The majority of their trailers for movies that have been given a G rating by the MPAA are actually listed on iTunes as Not Rated. All we can really do is wait for Apple to get on the ball, or fall back to local G trailers if you have them on your system.
Ah, that makes sense, thanks for letting me know Smile
I just installed 0.0.42 and it seems to cause 'script failed' error when trying to launch from the info screen (I modified dialoguevideoinfo.xml which worked in previous versions) - If I launch from the addon there are no issues.
(2015-09-23, 05:44)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi Scott, FYI I did a clean install of the 0.42 beta on two devices (see signature) and the slides no longer fade on either one. Update: None of the transitions seem to be working.
+1
Hi scott, my problem seems to be with DSPlayer, I disabled it last night and switched back to DVDPlayer ran CV and all was fine no problem, so I switched back to DSPlayer ran CV again it played the first bumper then blacked screened and wouldn't respond had to close kodi via task manger
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-09-23, 02:13)bushhy Wrote: Scott,

Any chance you can add a section to the first page, how to remove the old version and update to the new? I assume there are some special steps? Or is simply let Kodi auto-update?

Thanks!

Sure can, will be up in a few.

(2015-09-23, 08:35)popcorn903 Wrote:
(2015-09-23, 05:44)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi Scott, FYI I did a clean install of the 0.42 beta on two devices (see signature) and the slides no longer fade on either one. Update: None of the transitions seem to be working.
+1

+2 - Working on this and a few other things we found.

(2015-09-23, 08:35)popcorn903 Wrote: Ah, that makes sense, thanks for letting me know Smile
I just installed 0.0.42 and it seems to cause 'script failed' error when trying to launch from the info screen (I modified dialoguevideoinfo.xml which worked in previous versions) - If I launch from the addon there are no issues.

I noticed that too. It's on the list of fixes.

(2015-09-23, 08:42)wints Wrote: Hi scott, my problem seems to be with DSPlayer, I disabled it last night and switched back to DVDPlayer ran CV and all was fine no problem, so I switched back to DSPlayer ran CV again it played the first bumper then blacked screened and wouldn't respond had to close kodi via task manger

Any chance you can get the developers behind DSPlayer to weigh in? We can't change the most important piece of the add-on to accommodate players that do weird things. We'd never get to a steady state if we did.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
New version with the fixes is up! Don't forget to import your sequences from previous versions, or drop them in the Sequences directory.

Thanks for the fast turnaround, I'll test this evening after work.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Anybody having trouble with 0.0.43?

Wink 
(2015-09-24, 15:37)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Anybody having trouble with 0.0.43?

I can't say I have tried this version, or any version yet, but I just finished reading every single post for the 32 pages of this thread and its been an enlightening experience
including how positive everyone is about their experiences with this add-on.

I'm too busy building my HT to be able to provide any feedback, or any issues with this program because I haven't had time to fix my dedicated HTPC
which will use this incredible add on! Tonight I will be installing the restore DVDs for my HP Desktop HTPC and once I get that up and running by the weekend, I will definitely
be immediately installing CinemaVision and will post lots of details.

Thanks CinemaVision-Scott for taking up the reigns by creating the idea and management everything. Even if you are not explicitly the one coding this awesome Kodi Add-on,
you still took the time and creativity to hire a developer and project manage the whole thing as well as acting as a liaison between us end users and the developers!
The tasks are herculean!
(2015-09-24, 15:37)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Anybody having trouble with 0.0.43?

This one is working great for me so far with basic testing.
Tried it yesterday quickly before watching a movie in my secondary windows 8.1 HTPC , kodi 14.2. Everything went smoothly. Did not have time to test extensively, or for 3d functionality yet.

Basic testing last night and this evening didn't show any problems. Will be testing it more extensively and thoroughly over the weekend.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5