• 36(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-10-01, 07:47)billroden Wrote: I couldn't tell you why leejk is having so much trouble. I'm beginning to think the version I'm running is a stable one. Not one hiccup yet. As for the confusing slides time...I think they're self explanatory....no offense leejk. Smile

I think we're pretty close to the stable 1.0 release as well. I'm having trouble breaking 0.0.45. I think I understand where he's coming from with it being misleading, but the idea was always to have a group of universal settings that you can set as your defaults when new Modules are created, and then be able to control settings for each individual module you create completely separately from the universal settings.

(2015-10-01, 17:59)Dave the Minion Wrote: Noticed a problem with limiting trailers by genre. Seems to affect playing any trailers in a local directory or from the local database if you select of de-select the "limit by genre" option in either or both the configure and module sequence. It was working before but not it's just skipping all together. Not enough time to post a log at this moment or investigate more but ust wanted to post this discovery.

Post up a log when you can so we can see exactly what's happening. Is this in 0.0.45?
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hello,

I have a screen grab of what I am referring to about the slider controls, but it seems I can't post it here, so below is a link to it. Even tho each slider has a value greater than 0 shown, each slider is in the left most position, which to me represents 0. The same is true of the sliders in the sequence editor.

Is everyone using lInux or windows? I'm on linux.

Here is a log for when it played the audio bumpers twice: http://goo.gl/hGZzbY
Also still no ratings bumpers displayed on that test, and it still seems like there is cutting off of the currently playing video clip before the next one starts playing.

thx

http://screencast.com/t/LEwbS97NbAC
1) How does the Video option for Trivia Slides work? I have been renaming ,trying different things and can't get it to play any of my videos.

2) Is there a key that will skip to the end of a Video Bumpers module? Like if I say play 10 videos from a directory, is there a way after say video 3 to jump to the next module without going video by video?

Thanks
Log

The issue is using the Kodi database trailers. On 2D movies instead of getting 2 trailers from the local database based on genre I get 2 downloaded trailers from an unknown source. On 3D movies it just skips over the local trailers section. This is on 0.45 now.

The new options for trailers are confusing. There's too many places to set-up sources. In the configure menu, in the individual modules and then you have to select a sorting order? I don't want to stream trailers, ever. It shouldn't even be included in the settings I am trying to establish. What I would like is for 2D content for CV to pick 2 trailers from my database based on genre of the feature with MPAA rating turned off but the option to have it on is great as well but I want it to ignore trailers for 3D movies in the database. Then for 3D movies I want the opposite, 2 trailers from my local database but only selected from movies that are designated as 3D by CV recognized 3D tags. I think this is how you are trying to have it set up, but it's not working for me.
On wendnesday I tried 0.0.43 in my main HTPC. 2D worked fine, but 3D detection did not work at all. I will inunstall manually 0.0.43 and install 0.0.45 and try again. Probably next week though, when I will have more time.
(2015-10-02, 00:56)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I have a screen grab of what I am referring to about the slider controls, but it seems I can't post it here, so below is a link to it. Even tho each slider has a value greater than 0 shown, each slider is in the left most position, which to me represents 0. The same is true of the sliders in the sequence editor.

Is everyone using lInux or windows? I'm on linux.

Here is a log for when it played the audio bumpers twice: http://goo.gl/hGZzbY
Also still no ratings bumpers displayed on that test, and it still seems like there is cutting off of the currently playing video clip before the next one starts playing.

thx

http://screencast.com/t/LEwbS97NbAC

Now that is very weird. I thought you were talking about the settings in the add-on Configuration/Settings vs. the settings in each individual module. I see now you're only talking about the add-on Configuration/Settings. I just checked my install, and those sliders should represent the value that you set for each item. Here's what mine looks like with your same settings:

I'm on Windows, but that shouldn't matter. We're testing on Linux, too. It could be an issue with the skin you're using. Have you tried a different skin to see how it behaves? We'll be reviewing your log for the other issues.

(2015-10-02, 05:17)Banditt Wrote: 1) How does the Video option for Trivia Slides work? I have been renaming ,trying different things and can't get it to play any of my videos.

Currently, if you name a video using our naming scheme (_q/_cX/_a) it will play them in that order. That's about as far as it goes, due to limitations in Kodi. I'll explain that a little below.

(2015-10-02, 05:17)Banditt Wrote: 2) Is there a key that will skip to the end of a Video Bumpers module? Like if I say play 10 videos from a directory, is there a way after say video 3 to jump to the next module without going video by video?

The short answer to your question is no. Smile The way Kodi currently handles all video files, if you have multiple videos playing back to back, it doesn't treat them as a single unit of videos, it treats them like a playlist. Because of that, the Page Up key will only skip to the next video to be played. We're hoping that's one of the issues Team Kodi will help us solve.

The other issue involves playing two streams of content. With video trivia, for example, we need the video files to play on top of an audio stream, which is not currently supported in Kodi.

(2015-10-02, 07:54)Dave the Minion Wrote: Log

The issue is using the Kodi database trailers. On 2D movies instead of getting 2 trailers from the local database based on genre I get 2 downloaded trailers from an unknown source. On 3D movies it just skips over the local trailers section. This is on 0.45 now.

Interesting. We'll take a look at your log and see what broke.

Edit: So it looks like the iTunes scraper still has priority over KodiDB, so it will play from iTunes first. Change the scraper order, or disable the iTunes scraper entirely and you should be good to go.

(2015-10-02, 07:54)Dave the Minion Wrote: The new options for trailers are confusing. There's too many places to set-up sources. In the configure menu, in the individual modules and then you have to select a sorting order? I don't want to stream trailers, ever. It shouldn't even be included in the settings I am trying to establish.

They're different, and it doesn't help that we're not exactly training folks. Smile The idea with setting them up in different places is that you can either configure it universally through the Configuration, or within each individual module. That's really the only way to allow folks to totally customize every aspect of their sequence. Even the scraper priority can be configured at the module level if you want. If you don't want streaming trailers, ever, just turn off those scrapers in the Configuration.

(2015-10-02, 07:54)Dave the Minion Wrote: What I would like is for 2D content for CV to pick 2 trailers from my database based on genre of the feature with MPAA rating turned off but the option to have it on is great as well but I want it to ignore trailers for 3D movies in the database. Then for 3D movies I want the opposite, 2 trailers from my local database but only selected from movies that are designated as 3D by CV recognized 3D tags. I think this is how you are trying to have it set up, but it's not working for me.

That should just be a matter of configuring the add-on to work that way. Since you only want that type of behavior, I'd say set it up in the Configuration and then it will be set universally. We'll take a look at your log, too.

(2015-10-02, 09:04)kgian Wrote: On wendnesday I tried 0.0.43 in my main HTPC. 2D worked fine, but 3D detection did not work at all. I will inunstall manually 0.0.43 and install 0.0.45 and try again. Probably next week though, when I will have more time.

3D detection is fixed in 0.0.45. I'm looking forward to you testing it. Smile
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
For some reason trailers (scraper - itunes) doesn't play.

LOG
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Would be nice to add a movie to your watchlist from imdb or add it to couchpotato when watching a trailer from a movie which you want to download
Hi,

The add-on is near perfect for me. Trailers in sub-directories do not play. A trailer that is not in a sub-directory will though. If this is a known bug still , sorry. I think I asked about this feature awhile ago, and I think the reply was that the addon will be able to run trailers that are stored in "trailer-name" sub-directories?

Thanks!
Video 
Been standing on the sidelines playing with the addon for a while now. I was a fan of CE and was excited when CinemaVision-Scott decided to pursue this project.
Thanks CinemaVision-Scott for the great addon, I think this addon is going to get me to weigh into the home automation space as well.

I would like to create an action file for my Hyperion light system where the lights are fixed to white durring all the pre-show entertainment, then dims at the ratings bumper and is fully enabled for the feature.
I am sure this is possible but I am not sure where to go to get started.
Any pointers would be appreciated. I will be happy to provide the action files to the cinemavision.tv website once I have it working.

Thanks again for a great addon
Was trying a sequence with 0.45 and it went to a black screen and froze.

My log is here Weirdness starts around line 552.

It went to black after the trailers and before the audio format video. I hit pause and a paused icon that came up but it wasn't the one from the skin it seemed. I waited for about 2 minutes and then hit stop.

I launched the sequence from going into the addon and selecting play,.

I also noticed that the "script.cinemavision.dummy_NEXT.mpeg" was causing my projector to change resolution to 50fps so I re-encoded to 23.976fps. A new option might be to check the current resolution and call up the dummy file that matches that resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
A couple of issues I have. Not sure if they are known bugs.

Right now I have 1 movie intro and 1 audio number setup.

#1 sometimes when i play through cinema vision option it plays the incorrect feature movie. Like it will play the one i played previously.

#2 I can skip intro and audio bumper but then when i try and skip chapters on feature movie it stops movie and takes me back to home

Am i the only one? Is there a fix?
For #1 I suspect you stopped the feature before it was finished, so it's still in your queue. When you want to end the movie press Next instead of Stop to see if that helps. If you have nothing else in your CV sequence it should stop.

For #2 try using the bookmark feature to select the chapter you want to get to. If you select Next then CV thinks you want to skip to the next module in the sequence.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-10-04, 05:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: For #1 I suspect you stopped the feature before it was finished, so it's still in your queue. When you want to end the movie press Next instead of Stop to see if that helps. If you have nothing else in your CV sequence it should stop.

For #2 try using the bookmark feature to select the chapter you want to get to. If you select Next then CV thinks you want to skip to the next module in the sequence.

Ah I figured that was the case. Both of your solutions work but I still hope this can be addressed somehow in a future update. Work arounds are annoying. Perhaps for someone that doesn't use modules after feature then it should stop trying to skip modules. And allow Stop to clear queue.
(2015-10-04, 05:08)DAlba Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: For #1 I suspect you stopped the feature before it was finished, so it's still in your queue. When you want to end the movie press Next instead of Stop to see if that helps. If you have nothing else in your CV sequence it should stop.

Ah I figured that was the case. Both of your solutions work but I still hope this can be addressed somehow in a future update. Work arounds are annoying. Perhaps for someone that doesn't use modules after feature then it should stop trying to skip modules. And allow Stop to clear queue.

If you are using "next" as in PageUp to skip chapters you are doing it wrong. Chapters are handled, by default, with the Up and Down arrows. PageUp is a Kodi function to move to the next sequenced video. It has nothing to do with CV. Just like using the Up arrow in a bumper will have it skip 10 minutes (or likely to the end) as it's intended design within Kodi.

Left/Right arrows skip through videos based on Kodi set intervals which can be adjusted in the settings menu. Up/Down arrows skip 10 minutes or to the next/previous embedded chapter maker which may be the end of a video. PageUp/PageDown skip to the next/previous video in a playlist sequence. This is how Kodi works. And it works very well.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5