Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-10-14, 18:06)marhutchy Wrote: A question for all: I don't have a NAS, but to those who have, do you buy 2 NAS where one's for back-up of the other?

You could do that but I don't think that gives you the backup protection that you need. I made a big mistake years ago when I backed up my kids baby photos to what was then the way to back things up (at least that was what I thought was the answer). I used the MyBook detatched HD. Had all the kids baby photos backed up to it and I wiped out my computer because I wanted to do a full reinstall of the op system. Everything worked fine until the HD crapped out on me. My wife was horrified by the thought of losing ALL the baby photos. It cost $1000 to retrieve the information on the HD. I paid a company that specialized in that kind of stuff and they went in and pulled off the photos bit by bit from the HD. I vowed that that will never happen again.

I purchased a NAS but thats only the first level of backup that I use for that "precious" stuff. I also use a cloud service to automatically back up what ever directory I specify. So all the photos that we take, the home videos and stuff that cant be replaced are backed up to multiple places. Some to the cloud, some to the NAS and some to other computers. As for the movie collection, I don't really bother backing that up. If I lose them, its not the end of the world like losing that other stuff.

Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: CinemaVision Add-on: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home - by billroden - 2015-10-14, 18:38
Cinemavision Addon - need help - by Mike413 - 2020-05-15, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5