Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: Your sequence sound like it's all over the place (to me) with 2D then 3D then 2D then 3D again. Why not start with the general 2D stuff then switch to 3D and not go back till the very end?

Hi Dave....this is how it is..must just be the way wrote it Smile Have 2D countdown, welcome, trivia, theatre intro, then snack vids, then 3D glasses on and away to courtesy, coming soon, trailers, feature presentation and film all on 3D, before returning to 2D to close when 3D glasses come off at end of the film...

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: If you want to use 3D trailers for your 3D films you need to learn how to do 4 things. First, how to find GOOD quality 3D trailers either sbs format or full MVC MKV. Second, how to find and convert non-3D trailers to fake sbs 3D. Third, how to convert all non-MKV files to MKV containers. And last how to edit the file header to tell Kodi what type of 3D the file is. At this point you can (almost) completely forget the ugly messy Kodi 3D naming conventions.

For the first, well, good luck with that. Stereoscopy news or whatever has a few decent to good quality trailers. The VAST majority are pure shit. The Digital Theater has a few as well. Hopefully more pop up over time.

Yep all mine have come from blurays.....I've checked out several places including some of the above and there are just not worth much of a bother...

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: For the second, YouTube is your best friend. Get a simple program to download and save YouTube files and get to work. Not every movie is going to have the highest quality but anything in the last 3-ish years should be 1080p. You can also use the 5.1 audio files from The Digital Theater or other surround audio online sources. Then you need to convert them. I use MakeMe3D. Brightness settings to +5, Depth settings to +100 and frame offset at 0. Files are made at 1080p 23.98fps. It seems to fail on files with 5.1 audio so you will have to learn about muxing to separate out just the video from the file to convert, then re-mux to put the surround audio back in.

For the third (and presiously mentioned muxing) MKVToolNixGUI is your friend. Learn how to do some simple things with it like muxing. It's really as simple as dragging in the file you want to edit, selecting or de-selecting the parts of the file you do and do not want, then clicking "start muxing". Think of the files as a file folder and the video, audio, chapter, subtitle etc are pieces of paper in that file folder. You can take some out, add others and end up with another file folder of all the things you need. Plus it will make the new file and MKV automatically.

I use HD-trailers.net for my trailer downloads which always come in good pic and often with 5.1 surround. Given my Denon amp is pretty good at faking virtual surround, I don't worry too much if I only get trailers with 2.0. It does Atmos and X, so as long as my film audio is the best file I'm happy with that....I also do have a suitable You Tube download program Smile

I'll check out The Digital Theater as well though...did not realise there are sites out there containing surround sources.

Converting is the big issue, so thanks for the tip on MakeMe3D. I have a lifetime copy of DVDFab for ripping my Blurays but it does not do 2D to 3D!!.

I also use TsMuxer to join films, switch audios etc, so muxing is no worry in terms of understanding it / doing it Smile. I'll take a look at the program you mention.

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: Now for the fourth, again MKVYoolNix, open the header editor, drop in your MKV file and open the video item to show all the option. The last is called Stereo Mode Selection. Click on that and add a value. 1 is for HSBS Left Eye Firt. 13 is for full frame MVC MKV LEF. You can google the rest as needed. Once edited save the file and now no matter what you name that file Kodi will ALWAYS read it as a 3D file and do what ever you've set Kodi to do with 3D files. You can name it TeddyRuxpin.mkv and it will play as a 3D file. No 3d.sbs.LMNOP ugly mess needed. If it's the trailer for a film called Maxohumungous then name the file exactly like you have the movie but with the -trailer tag like this Maxohumungous-trailer.mkv.

So now you've got 3D trailers for all your 3D films for Kodi to scrape into it's database when you scrape the movies in. And CV will do the same.

You can edit the advancedsettings.xml file in the Kodi userdata folder to recognize an easy naming convention to signify to Kodi, and subsequently CV, what movies are 3D. I use Bluray3D since all my 3D movies come from Blu-ray rips.

I don't really mind adding .3d.sbs after each film, especially as this ties in to some of the flags I use and how Kodi then changes the icons I use on the cases in the skin view I use but again good info thanks and I'll take a look Smile

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: Now the only catch is using the built in 3D recognition of CV to play 3D bumpers over 2D bumpers when the sequence calls for it. For these files I do have to use "3D sbs" as tags in the file name. You can set whatever tags you want in the CV config. So long as CV scans all the files in the CV content folder into the CV database and scans all the trailers then everything else should work once you've set up the modules.

And its this bit that is tripping me up.. ratings vids with 3dsbs in the name get picked up, whilst courtesy vids also with 3dsbs in them don't despite my having set the parameters for them both as the same in the set up!!! Driving me a bit mad hahahahaha

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: Yes, there's lots of work to do to get all your movies to have 3D trailers, but it's well worth it and once it's done you have an impressive library. I have almost 2600 movies in my library, 2D and 3D, and every single one has a trailer. I've also got a folder of coming soon 3D trailers I've downloaded and converted if need be. Once my CV sequence gets to a certain point it splits to 3D and doesn't go back to 2D until the last module.

I only have several hundred films but all do have a trailer..even though I don't always watch them I'm keen on having them for completeness. As for the effort, 100% worth it to me too. With your notes above will definitely create a 3D trailer for all my 3D films. I do a lot of work around the art work that then goes on Fanart.TV so committing to the quality of the set up is no issue to me Smile

(2016-02-16, 17:14)Dave the Minion Wrote: As for my custom 3D glasses bumpers, yes I made them myself. I found cool 3D Glasses videos on YouTube, downloaded them, converted them, made 2 conversion where 1 was flat sbs while the other was 3D. Then spliced them at the exact moment I wanted the image to become 3D. Added custom title cards and muxed them to MKVs with proper header settings. They work like a charm. I also have 3D bumpers for all HD audio formats with HD audio even if I had to fake the 3D for some of them. I have custom coming soon, now showing and so on bumpers all in 3D. Even fake 3D still looks 3D enough for a 10-30 second bumper.

Now I can (hopefully) create fake 3D trailers, I'll give that a go, certainly up to splicing them together - though I've only joined two clips together end to end. Joining at a specific point is something new for me...

As is adding title cards...

.....seems I have homework.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: CinemaVision Add-on: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home - by andrewf - 2016-02-16, 18:48
Cinemavision Addon - need help - by Mike413 - 2020-05-15, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5