• 81(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2016-10-03, 22:14)RamboUnchained Wrote: I've agreed to the terms, but I can't DL the file.

EDIT: It's downloading now. Just took a while to connect to the DL mirror I suppose.

Edit 2: ALL FIXED! Thanks you!

Well I'm glad I refreshed. I checked all the permissions and your user account on the site and couldn't figure out what the problem could be. Big Grin Enjoy, and let me know if you have ideas for new features. The list so far is about 120 line items.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-10-03, 22:25)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 22:14)RamboUnchained Wrote: I've agreed to the terms, but I can't DL the file.

EDIT: It's downloading now. Just took a while to connect to the DL mirror I suppose.

Edit 2: ALL FIXED! Thanks you!

Well I'm glad I refreshed. I checked all the permissions and your user account on the site and couldn't figure out what the problem could be. Big Grin Enjoy, and let me know if you have ideas for new features. The list so far is about 120 line items.

Right now, it already has more features than I'll ever use lol. An automated lighting system like the Phillips Hue from CE would be dope, but I'm about 100% sure that's already been requested.
(2016-10-03, 22:40)RamboUnchained Wrote: Right now, it already has more features than I'll ever use lol. An automated lighting system like the Phillips Hue from CE would be dope, but I'm about 100% sure that's already been requested.

What if I told you... it can already interface with any device that's controllable via REST API, Python, shell script or command line? We even have some guides for how to set some of the solutions up, and a guide explaining Actions, which control home automation and can change Kodi settings. Smile

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-10-03, 23:29)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 22:40)RamboUnchained Wrote: Right now, it already has more features than I'll ever use lol. An automated lighting system like the Phillips Hue from CE would be dope, but I'm about 100% sure that's already been requested.

What if I told you... it can already interface with any device that's controllable via REST API, Python, shell script or command line? We even have some guides for how to set some of the solutions up, and a guide explaining Actions, which control home automation and can change Kodi settings. Smile

*heads to Amazon to blindlessly throw money at USB-powered LED lighting*
Do the research to make sure what you buy can be controlled! If you need any help, just let me know and I'll help you figure out if that's the case.

(2016-10-03, 23:44)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Do the research to make sure what you buy can be controlled! If you need any help, just let me know and I'll help you figure out if that's the case.

Sounds good. Off the top of your head, could you recommend something that would look good in a 12x10 room with a 50in TV mounted on the wall? Blackout curtains and all seating is located on the wall opposite of the TV.
(2016-10-04, 05:00)RamboUnchained Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 23:44)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Do the research to make sure what you buy can be controlled! If you need any help, just let me know and I'll help you figure out if that's the case.

Sounds good. Off the top of your head, could you recommend something that would look good in a 12x10 room with a 50in TV mounted on the wall? Blackout curtains and all seating is located on the wall opposite of the TV.

As far as lighting solutions, it would depend on what you're using to light the room. I'm a pretty big fan of Hue, myself. Depending on what kind of lighting you use (sconces, canned lights, lamps, etc.) and the layout of your room, you could do a few things. Feel like drawing a diagram of your room and lights? I'll help give you some ideas.

Also, this is pretty slick. I don't think they're controllable (no API that I'm aware of is being written), but they mimic colors on your display, so you don't really need to control them.

(2016-10-04, 08:57)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-10-04, 05:00)RamboUnchained Wrote:

As far as lighting solutions, it would depend on what you're using to light the room. I'm a pretty big fan of Hue, myself. Depending on what kind of lighting you use (sconces, canned lights, lamps, etc.) and the layout of your room, you could do a few things. Feel like drawing a diagram of your room and lights? I'll help give you some ideas.

Also, this is pretty slick. I don't think they're controllable (no API that I'm aware of is being written), but they mimic colors on your display, so you don't really need to control them.

I was looking more into putting a strip around the crown molding and some on the back of my TV.
(2016-10-04, 16:55)RamboUnchained Wrote: I was looking more into putting a strip around the crown molding and some on the back of my TV.

My personal preference for that installation would be the Philips Hue Strip around the molding, and the Lightpack 2 behind the TV.

Hello,

is it possible to start a Java-Program with a .cvaction file?

Best regards

DeezTv
Hi,

new to CinemaVision.

I'm using subfolders within my video bumpers folders.
For example under 'Feature Intro' I have 'Christmas' and 'Halloween'.

Isn't it possible to change from content to a single subfolder? Because when I change from 'Random' to 'No' I can only choose a single file.
What I want to do is playing a random christmas video for example from the specific subfolder.
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
I haven't been able to get CinemaVision to work for several months. Currently I have my sequence set as:

• Trailer Module
  • Trailer Module
  • Trailer Module
  • Feature Module
  • Command Module (Command = Back, Argument = 4, Condition = Feature queue is full)

Whenever I try to play a movie though I get an error message saying "CinemaVision Error".

What am I doing wrong?

Error log: http://pastebin.com/EVtHz2me

EDIT: I fixed it by installing the development build
First, let me apologize for not being around. I had my accounts merged and now I'm not getting notifications. I'll get that fixed.

(2016-10-07, 11:15)DeezTv Wrote: Hello,

is it possible to start a Java-Program with a .cvaction file?

Best regards

DeezTv

I don't see why not. Smile Action Files can run Python scripts, shell scripts, and even command line applications.

(2016-10-07, 17:17)Maaarv Wrote: Hi,

new to CinemaVision.

I'm using subfolders within my video bumpers folders.
For example under 'Feature Intro' I have 'Christmas' and 'Halloween'.

Isn't it possible to change from content to a single subfolder? Because when I change from 'Random' to 'No' I can only choose a single file.
What I want to do is playing a random christmas video for example from the specific subfolder.

What you'll want to do is set the Type to Directory, and have it play at random. Smile

(2016-10-09, 05:44)CAM STEW Wrote: I haven't been able to get CinemaVision to work for several months. Currently I have my sequence set as:
  • Trailer Module
  • Trailer Module
  • Trailer Module
  • Feature Module
  • Command Module (Command = Back, Argument = 4, Condition = Feature queue is full)

Whenever I try to play a movie though I get an error message saying "CinemaVision Error".

What am I doing wrong?

Error log: http://pastebin.com/EVtHz2me

EDIT: I fixed it by installing the development build

Excellent! Let me know if you run into issues.

Is there an updated version in the official repo?
(2016-10-15, 07:44)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Is there an updated version in the official repo?

Not yet, but there will be soon. Our developer is wrapping up his other commitments, and there are a few other bugs we want to squash with 1.0.12 that haven't been addressed yet.

• 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5