• 106(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2020-04-25, 02:02)marlon1925 Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 12:27)Zoltrix Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 10:33)marlon1925 Wrote: same here, anyone please? will the latest version work with Kodi Leia?      
Looks like the website is gone

Not sure what that means for paying members? 
so sad specially for lifetime members like us Sad
We're migrating the site to a new server, our old one crapped the bed. I'm hoping to have it online this weekend.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2020-04-24, 17:24)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 22:27)VonMagnum Wrote: Take the money and run.  I'm so glad I signed up for a lifetime membership.  I didn't see the fine print that said lifetime of the web site, which can close at any time.  If it doesn't work with KODI, there's no point to it at all.  I think it worked for a year or two for me after setting it up before the KODI updates killed it.  The last time I tried it, it seemed to work, but it was sporadic.  Sometimes it would fail and other times it would work fine.  I'm thinking maybe I should set up one older device to watch old movies with it on an old version of KODI where it still works and where it would get the correct audio trailers, etc.

Oh well.  I had a lot of fun collecting old movie theater presentation videos, etc.  It seemed really awesome to show them like a real theater, but like a real theater, it got OLD real fast when all you really want to do is watch the flipping movie (I still would like the appropriate Dolby/DTS trailer, but since there's no simple way to detect Atmos vs. Dolby and DTS:X vs regular DTS, you can't really make it show the correct trailer even so these days.  If I want to watch a trailer, I just go to the trailers directory or whatever and watch them.  It's just nostalgia anyway.
I know I haven't been around and talkative lately, but this project is far from dead. I have had issues finding time to work exclusively on the project as my jobs became more and more demanding, and members of my family have had (and still have, unfortunately) health issues. Family will always take priority over this project, and while I understand your frustration with my absence, that won't ever change. I can promise that we'll keep this going as long as there's money to pay for all of the infrastructure - and right now there is enough to even just keep the lights on for a long while.

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not dead, then.  Big Grin  I'm having problems with KODI period lately (on an Nvidia Shield) with it stopping randomly and what not, so Cinemavision is the last thing on my mind when I can't even get the movie to play consistently, but it's been fun to play with other the years (along with finding all the trailers and previews, etc. to use with it).  Good luck.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
@Ragnarok, I am also glad to hear you are around! I just discovered this Add-On and I am really trying to get it to work consistently on my nVidia Shield (also new)... have used Kodi on RPi for years. I saw that a new release was pushed (per your earlier post) but I don't see it in the repository when I go into Kodi... it is still 1.1.1?

Welcome back!
(2020-04-25, 02:14)Ragnarok Wrote: The latest version is in the Kodi repository, everyone.

wow finally!

Thanks Ragna
(2020-04-26, 21:51)dailydisco Wrote: @Ragnarok, I am also glad to hear you are around! I just discovered this Add-On and I am really trying to get it to work consistently on my nVidia Shield (also new)... have used Kodi on RPi for years. I saw that a new release was pushed (per your earlier post) but I don't see it in the repository when I go into Kodi... it is still 1.1.1?

Welcome back!

Thanks for the well wishes! The latest and greatest stable version is 1.1.1 currently. It took us a while to get that approved for the official repository. I'll be working on bringing our new developer up to speed over the next month or so, and then we can start with new features and completing the features we have in the current pipeline. I'm hopeful and excited that @0raid is taking the reigns and will be able to give us fresh new perspectives and integrations. Our original developer, @ruuk, will still help with direction and steering but will be stepping back from an active development role to focus more on his job and family.

Now for some more good news! The website is back online and snappier than ever. We've successfully migrated to our new server, and while I've got a few weird things going on that I need to address with our CMS, it should be fully functional. If you have any trouble, please let me know.

And for the record: This project was started, and is maintained, with the best intentions. The subscriptions you all purchase are used to ensure this project is sustainable and allows us to purchase new templates for the content we distribute. I know some folks snapped to a decision that the project was dead, and that we grabbed the cash and split. That's on me, honestly. A lack of communication while I dealt with personal and professional changes in my life led to those conclusions. I know that it's been dormant for about a year, but I am working on planning out a new wave of content and updating our current content as well. I've got some new ideas that I'll be workshopping with the team and our new developer. 

In the interest of transparency, here's where we stand: With your support, we've been able to keep CinemaVisions' expenses fully paid which allows us to continue to deliver all of the content on the website, and give folks a place to collaborate on their own content and share it with the community. We've done our best to keep expenses low, and save as much of your donations and subscriptions as possible. We can keep the lights on for quite a while, and as long as the project is able to pay for itself, you don't have to worry about it disappearing. We really appreciate the continued support as we ramp up the new development cycle. This really is a team effort.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2020-04-27, 19:35)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 21:51)dailydisco Wrote: @Ragnarok, I am also glad to hear you are around! I just discovered this Add-On and I am really trying to get it to work consistently on my nVidia Shield (also new)... have used Kodi on RPi for years. I saw that a new release was pushed (per your earlier post) but I don't see it in the repository when I go into Kodi... it is still 1.1.1?

Welcome back!

Thanks for the well wishes! The latest and greatest stable version is 1.1.1 currently. It took us a while to get that approved for the official repository. I'll be working on bringing our new developer up to speed over the next month or so, and then we can start with new features and completing the features we have in the current pipeline. I'm hopeful and excited that @0raid is taking the reigns and will be able to give us fresh new perspectives and integrations. Our original developer, @ruuk, will still help with direction and steering but will be stepping back from an active development role to focus more on his job and family.

Now for some more good news! The website is back online and snappier than ever. We've successfully migrated to our new server, and while I've got a few weird things going on that I need to address with our CMS, it should be fully functional. If you have any trouble, please let me know.

And for the record: This project was started, and is maintained, with the best intentions. The subscriptions you all purchase are used to ensure this project is sustainable and allows us to purchase new templates for the content we distribute. I know some folks snapped to a decision that the project was dead, and that we grabbed the cash and split. That's on me, honestly. A lack of communication while I dealt with personal and professional changes in my life led to those conclusions. I know that it's been dormant for about a year, but I am working on planning out a new wave of content and updating our current content as well. I've got some new ideas that I'll be workshopping with the team and our new developer. 

In the interest of transparency, here's where we stand: With your support, we've been able to keep CinemaVisions' expenses fully paid which allows us to continue to deliver all of the content on the website, and give folks a place to collaborate on their own content and share it with the community. We've done our best to keep expenses low, and save as much of your donations and subscriptions as possible. We can keep the lights on for quite a while, and as long as the project is able to pay for itself, you don't have to worry about it disappearing. We really appreciate the continued support as we ramp up the new development cycle. This really is a team effort. 

Website not loading for me at the moment. Also I’ve been having trouble getting sequence to play with 1.1.1 on 18.6. Only trying to play 2 video bumpers. Seems to be hit or miss. Most of time I just end up with a black screen. Sometimes it will play one of the videos but not the other or none at all. Not sure if it’s something related to refresh rate switching as one video is 24fps and the other 25fps. Not sure how to troubleshoot. Should I just post logs here or what?
GOOD to see you're back Ragnorok, this is by far my favorite addon. Sorry to hear about the issues with the family.  I think people need to understand this is a hobby add-on, as much as I wish it had a few features they talked about adding years and years ago. I understand it's something that will get worked on when the time permits. I would gladly donate to a Kickstarter type thing if it could get a jump on adding few features. But I know there wouldn't be enough interest to make it where it's finically feasible for the developers.  I am just grateful that it's not dead, and maybe with a new coder or 2 on board we can hopefully see some new things added. Like trivia directory support where you can define criteria from the NFO's and have trivia for genres and specific movies. Which I know has been on the to-do list for a good while now.

I'll just have to be patient. Seeing 1.1.1 officially in the repo brings me a lot a hope.
Tried a test on Kodi 18.6 with CV 1.1.1 and using previously made sequences Kodi just sits at a black screen when launched from the Video Info screen.

Going back to Kodi 18.1 and the CV version that worked with it till I see more reports of things working properly.
(2020-05-01, 23:04)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Tried a test on Kodi 18.6 with CV 1.1.1 and using previously made sequences Kodi just sits at a black screen when launched from the Video Info screen.

Going back to Kodi 18.1 and the CV version that worked with it till I see more reports of things working properly.

I've tried to setup Cinemavision for the first time following the manual. I wasn't able to get it started. I wanted to insert some intros and trailers before the main movie starts. Is this due to a wrong configuration from my side, or is it because Kodi 18.6 isn't supported? Any news when 18.6 will be supported?
(2020-05-07, 07:31)eulaersivan Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 23:04)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Tried a test on Kodi 18.6 with CV 1.1.1 and using previously made sequences Kodi just sits at a black screen when launched from the Video Info screen.

I've tried to setup Cinemavision for the first time following the manual. I wasn't able to get it started. I wanted to insert some intros and trailers before the main movie starts. Is this due to a wrong configuration from my side, or is it because Kodi 18.6 isn't supported? Any news when 18.6 will be supported? 

As far as I know the latest Dev version is supposed to support Kodi 18.6 but I tested it and could not get it to work. I still use 18.1 with the last working CV version for it (and a few other older add-ons that no one has migrated).

When 18.2 came out a lot of things in Kodi needed to be further developed to be compatible. CV was one of them. Your best bet right now is go back to 18.0/.1 and use CV version 1.1.1a8 and test that. It still works fine for me.
Hi, is this addon dead? @Ragnarok 
Pity cause i liked it a lot in the past.

I'm on kodi 18.5 (about to jump to 18.6) here whats wrong:

- As soon as i start the sequence, i get black screen
- when i try to install the context menu add-on; i get an error
- if it would work again, am i able to add trailers from a playlist from a channel? There are theaters in belgium called "kinepolis", they have their own channel with a playlist showing only trailers that are releaesed in theaters here, it would be cool if i could add it
- i'm using a scope skin from vero4k , however all is good until the moment i start the addon, something is wrong with the picture, its not scope anymore, in settings its ok and works as expected.

Thx for the help
(2020-05-08, 16:46)Skank Wrote: Hi, is this addon dead? @Ragnarok 
Pity cause i liked it a lot in the past.

I'm on kodi 18.5 (about to jump to 18.6) here whats wrong:

- As soon as i start the sequence, i get black screen
- when i try to install the context menu add-on; i get an error
- if it would work again, am i able to add trailers from a playlist from a channel? There are theaters in belgium called "kinepolis", they have their own channel with a playlist showing only trailers that are releaesed in theaters here, it would be cool if i could add it
- i'm using a scope skin from vero4k , however all is good until the moment i start the addon, something is wrong with the picture, its not scope anymore, in settings its ok and works as expected.

Thx for the help
try to create a new sequence from scratch (also new name) , and see if you still have black screen.....
Site is down.
Good morning all

I'm on kodi 18.2 (Android) with the Aeon TAJO skin, I installed the cinemavision addon.
I followed the configuration tutorials. After programming my intro and saving.
I start the film using the Cinemavision menu button. The intro does this well but after the film does not follow !!
Why is what is missing in my order?

Thank you for your help

Olivier
@Mike413 - I've merged your thread post above into the CinemaVision support thread (just in case you were wondering where it had gone).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5