• 17(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Okay I've upgraded the kernel and the box is more stable than before. I am still seeing some intermittent artifacts especially when the scene is moving horizontally .

Also the boot process has changed to show an error finding a firmware update and pauses at a prompt for a couple seconds before booting completely into KODI.

Also recorded video is very jerky and recorded audio de-syncs. This is probably something to do with the SD HDHR software. So I'll post for that over there.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12040653
Concerning the firmware issue, dmesg | pastebinit is needed.

If the sample itself is jerky already (also on other computers), then it's nothing EGL is doing wrong, but some garbage :-) Garbage in - Garbage out.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I suspect that the problem with playback may be because of the size and density of the video file. a 1 hour program grosses out at about 5G and it is jerky on my windows 7 desktop computer. Might be that the video stream needs to be optimized.

Sorry thought it was part of the above log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12040773
Quote:[ 2.557459] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 2.567084] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-7265D-13.ucode failed with error -2
[ 2.567100] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-7265D-13.ucode' failed.
[ 2.567221] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: no suitable firmware found!

You can manually download the intel firmware for linux-firmware git package.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Meister! You're distro is working beautifully on my NUC: THANK YOU!
Of course you were also right about the issue... I usually use SiO2X as the skin and this one presents the bug of not auto-going on full screen when launching a video. Do you know if there are some lines to change in the .xml's or if everything is on the skin developer's hands?
(2015-08-09, 19:30)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:[ 2.557459] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 2.567084] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-7265D-13.ucode failed with error -2
[ 2.567100] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-7265D-13.ucode' failed.
[ 2.567221] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: no suitable firmware found!

You can manually download the intel firmware for linux-firmware git package.

Code:
[   15.907686] [drm:valleyview_update_wm [i915]] *ERROR* timed out waiting for P                               unit DDR DVFS request[   15.907686]

I want to apologize because I'm pretty sure that this isn't the forum for these noob questions. I appreciate that you take the time to respond. That one appears to be a WIFI driver.

Actually this is the one that concerned me. I believe that the DRM referenced here is the Direct Rendering Manager. Could that have a effect on video performance?
This is normal, sadly. There is a bug open on bugs.freedesktop.org concerning this. Braswell is work in progress on intel kernel. But yeah, we are getting off topic.
(2015-08-09, 20:16)fritsch Wrote: This is normal, sadly. There is a bug open on bugs.freedesktop.org concerning this. Braswell is work in progress on intel kernel. But yeah, we are getting off topic.

K Thanx.
I've been trying to install Kodi on my new HTPC, based on an ASRock N3150-ITX.

The linked OE version from post #2 works like a charm. No problems so far... besides configuring a MCE remote. But as far as a I know, this is a known bug of OE6 beta.
So thanks to all involved devs!!!!

But before using OE, I've been trying to install kodi based on Xubuntu 15. Although following the guide in post #1 (including linux image 4.1.4 and intel driver for BSW), there were still two major bugs, I could'nt get rid off.
- no HD audio with 24p. Just a crackling sound.
- after switching input on receiver or turning it on/off, no desktop will be visible any more.
Since this bug occurs on a plain Xubuntu installation, but not in OE, this may not be related to this VAAPI version of kodi. Though I'm curiuous if this is a known bug for BSW and if there is a solution for it.

Maybe you could also add "AE_SINK=ALSA" to the guide as an optional start parameter.
Correct me, if i'm wrong. But this sould normally do no harm, but enable HD audio for the audiophiole users.
No - it's not needed at all in this guide, cause this guide does not install pulseaudio server.

Your xubuntu does that by itself and therefore you have those issues. Removing pulseaudio and libasound2-plugins would solve it for you, too. Why AE_SINK=ALSA is a bad idea I have documented in the pulseaudio wiki.
Thanks for your fast answer Smile

Do you also know, how to solve the disappearing connection, after switching inputs on AV-receiver or turning it on/off?!
If so, I could reconsider switching back from dualboot installation to dual user setup, what I would favor.
Yes, I know. But this if off topic in this thread. You can search the forum for two things and you need both. a) xorg.conf to fix the modelines b) drm_kms_helper to fixate the EDID
Been running the OE build for 3 weeks now on my D34010WYK with absolutely no issues during playback. Mostly local content, 1080p and 720p, but also some interlaced stuff. Very pure picture with limited range and dithering enabled. Thanks again for this work.
(2015-07-18, 22:45)fritsch Wrote: @gurabil:
Yes, of course: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/EGL if you talk about the Ubuntu edition.

Hi fritsch,
the link you gave is no longer available, can you tell me where can I find the required version on github (the one used in wsnipex ppa)? The Ubuntu version.
Thanks!
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/master
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18