Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
first of all...I´m coming to this thread after reading pages and pages of the "old" thread concerning VAAPI and de-interlacing.(fritsch started it)...

Now, after reading this thread (carefully) I´m coming to the following conclusion...and hope that someone (maybe fritsch :-)) can give Feedback to what I understood so far :-) :

There is a OPENELEC Image (available here in the thread) which is implementing a new "technique" which leads to the following "new" results in connection with "de-interlacing" and "colour space (RGB and so on)"

- on !Haswell! based systems (also celeron or less powerfull :-) de-interlacing of eg. TV channels 1080I is no problem including LOW CPU usage (done by GPU based on EGL-technique ?) !!
- on Braswell it is the same like above ...on Haswell

- IVB, baytrail and compatible means that de-interlacing is also possible BETTER THAN "BOB" with the technique which is diskussed here in this thread ?? the "old" thread does state that there is no better de-interlacing based on VAAPI than BOB for this CPU class (IVB, Baytrail...)

- If testing is successfull it will be included in KODI , Release 16...?

I´m a little bit confused...hope that these question are not to stupid ;-)

regards arel

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by arel - 2015-08-18, 10:11
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18