Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-19, 23:48)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:15)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 21:51)VirtualRain Wrote: Sorry but I don't have any more time to invest in this. I'm going back to the mainstream stable builds. From what I can see, there is still subtle banding in the grey ramp for me so I'm not seeing any visible benefit.
Goodbye :-)

Just to let you know, I tried the latest OE6b5 (5.95.5 w/Kodi 15.1) from here... http://openelec.tv/get-openelec and the problem with no signal when using sync display to video was there. So I don't think it's unique to your builds. I'm now back to stable OE5/Kodi14.2 and that works properly on my Haswell Mac Mini.

I wish I had more time to spend on this, but I'm overwhelmed with other priorites.

EDIT: I think it's worth noting that unless you need the "Prefer VAAPI render method enabled" (presumably for HA of de-interlacing?) you can get the same quality video in the mainstream builds. On the latest stable OE build... set Kodi limited, force xrandr full with autostart.sh, TV limited. Perfect levels, contrast, and about as smooth a grey ramp as you can get. It was NOT clear at all from the introduction in post #1 that this is the case. It might save both you and some folks like me wasted time, by being more clear about who might benefit based on the content they watch. This is seemingly of no benefit to 24fps progressive content.

You cannot and this the thing you totally don't understand. But yeah - choose what you are happy with, user has choice and this is the OSS spirit we have here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by fritsch - 2015-09-20, 00:42
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18