Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Fritsch - I have a completely unrelated problem but figured I would post here and you can tell me where to take it or any suggestions.

My current setup is Asus Chromebox -> Denon4520 -> JVC Projector - all over HDMI and using audio passthrough.

Often when the system changes refresh rates I end up wit a completely garbled screen with lines across it - usually green. If I switch back to the previous working refresh rate it goes back to normal but changing to the new refresh goes back to junk. If I reboot or do anything the screen will remain garbled. I work around this by usually forcing kodi display to 23.98 and so I want 99% blu-ray mkvs and it never has to switch. Some of the last few builds seem to be losing my settings and setting refresh back to 60hz.

What I am not sure about is where the problem exactly is or how to go about and debug it. If I remember I usually end up unplugging the avr and rebooting the chromebox and things will be okay.

I suppose I could connect the chromebox to the jvc directly and switch refresh rates a few times and rule out the Denon.

Any particular logging in Kodi that would help figure this out? Maybe some xrandr output?

I willl do some more debugging - I had forgotten about the problem until it popped back up with the recent builds changing my settings.

Thanks and sorry I know this is likely out of place

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by jjslegacy - 2015-09-20, 02:25
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18