Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Yes, I was just checking that out. Currently to avoid banding, I'm doing the following:

* Not using the VAAPI copying method.

* In autostart.sh, I force full color space.

* In Kodi settings, I enable limited color space (to fix up the dark GUI - has no effect on video).

* In my television, I force limited color space.

This has the effect of leaving limited range videos as unchanged limited range while being sent over a full range color space. This would normally make blacks grey, which is why I force the TV back into limited range. Using the CPU copying method, this prevented any color space conversions and prevented banding from occurring.

You state: No adjustment of autostart.sh for full range is needed anymore - it is done automatically Check your "Use Limited Range setting" if you feel everything is too dark.

Now, assuming my TV stays fixed to "limited" color space (needed for my other CE devices on the same input, and I don't trust the reliability of its automatic detection), am I safe letting Kodi go back to automatic operation (remove the autostart.sh line?) Or, should I force it into Limited space via autostart, or does the Kodi menu option do more than just adjust the GUI now?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by Sunflux - 2015-09-22, 13:38
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18