Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-10-01, 15:02)Sunflux Wrote: I did some further testing.

When switching between FULL and LIMITED modes, the screen goes black for several seconds as the signal re-syncs. However, switching to PASSTHROUGH mode - whether starting from FULL or LIMITED mode - causes only a brief flicker in the picture. The signal does not re-sync. If I was in FULL mode and the GUI is washed out, after swithing to PASSTHROUGH, even if I switch the TV to another input and go back, it does not change color spaces after re-syncing with the PC, indicating that the PC is still outputting the FULL flag.

This is telling me that FULL and LIMITED modes are triggering something that's causing the driver to re-sync, however your new mode is not doing the same thing. And, until some other change triggers this to happen, the mode has not yet taken effect.

Yes - that's what the code does ... I tried to hack around this ... but not enough time currently. Check the Kernel patch I did, it's on my github.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by fritsch - 2015-10-01, 15:10
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18