• 104(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-10-07, 08:17)fritsch Wrote: Yes - that's possible but needs code - didn't you want to start with coding? If you have so much freetime while at work? :-)

Well, one thing is that I wanted to start with coding, but that would (will) be a long, long learning curve, so don't rely on this (not that I didn't get the point of your messageSmile) No free time at work, just dropped in between two projectsSmile
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...inger.html
(2015-10-07, 07:59)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 06:53)gurabli Wrote: Is it normal that I have skips on Braswell N3150 and PPA, using lanczos3 optimized, with the two 4k bunny samples, especially the higher res? If I switch to bilinear, it is fine. No drops by the way, just skips. I will be able to post logs later, if needed. I though Braswell is able to use lancoz3 with higher res videos, but I might be wrong.

Depends on the fps ... Your Debug Log would have shown ...

Finally some time. Here is the Debug Log.

Kodi starts, I start to play a sample, no refresh rate change. Have to go to System Settings (just navigate to the menu), screen flickers, then I go back and play the samples and there is refresh rate change correctly to 60 fps. With Lanczos3 it skips heavily, with Bilinear it is fine.
30 fps is fine with Lanczos3 too, no skips.
Of course, if I leave out navigate to System part, there is no refresh rate change, then it skips.

EDIT: on fresh restart I have to navigate to System only once, until the next restart it is fine.
A quick post with some positive feedback:

1) I've been having problems with OpenElec and black levels. The old OE used in the Plex Home Theater bundle worked fine out of the box (OE 3.2.4 found here: http://plexrpms.markwalker.dk/OpenELEC/3.2/), but nothing with Kodi was working (Current stable or beta versions). Not sure of the difference between packaging. However, I found this thread and was able to eventually fix my problems after loading up the passthrough version that was recently released along with some fine tuning with my projector's brightness setting.

2) Speaking of my projector, the dithering setting helps with banding like nothing I've ever seen. I have to use a dithering setting of 6 for it to clear up banding, but this has always been a significant issue I've had until now. What are the tradeoffs of dithering? Should I try to live with 7 or 8, or can I keep it dialed in to 6 without losing quality somewhere else?
What projector are you using? If dithering is having such an impact, then it sounds like you aren't actually outputting limited via the new passthrough option (I haven't seen dithering do anything visible in Passthrough mode, but it definitely has an effect in Full mode, which is less ideal).
The latest Isengard builds, that are not label Passthrough, also do passthrough by default ... and switch off and on the output to workaround those bugs.

I would be interested in a picture of your Beamer content while showing some grayscale ramp.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch

i´am running the Isengard version from 0923. I have some problems with this version. I have all the settings from page1.

1. Play big bunny 4k i have skips and drops and the video is stuttering. Here ist a logfile http://xbmclogs.com/paga3vjvn

2. Playing a normal BluRay movie, i have 0 drops but massive skips. At the End of the movie i have near 200000 skips but the movie looked good no stuttering. Here is a log from one minute of the movie with skips http://xbmclogs.com/pzgkrctht

3. When i set under System the display setting to 23.98 as start frequenz, I have sometime problems that movies with 23,976 will stuttering. I switch back then to system and a popup comes with the question to keep the changes. When i say yes the frequenz is still 23,976 and then the movie runs fine. sorry no logfile because it come 1 from 10 starts playing a movie

4. Sometimes when i wakeup the nuc from suspend i dont have any sound. I must reboot the system and all was fine.

Thanks for any help.
@Eisi2005 Sound quite like my problem that I posted a debug log few post before. I'm sure fritsch will comment on this and we will see why is this happening.
Quote:07:37:22 T:140310296303360 DEBUG: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - change configuration. 3840x2160. display: 3840x2160. framerate: 120.00. format: VAAPI
07:37:22 T:140313172383616 DEBUG: Resolution 1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen (16) not a very good match for fps 120.000 (weight: 0.500), trying 2:3 cadence
07:37:22 T:140313172383616 DEBUG: Resolution 1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen (16) not a very good match for fps 120.000 with 2:3 cadence (weight: 0.800), choosing 60 hertz

No gurabli - it's not even nearly related ...

You play 120 fps (!) content on a 60 hz screen. So it's quite normal that every second frame has to be skipped ... where the hell did you get a 120 fps file from?

Edit: Also play from local disk or USB drive - whatever your /storage/server store is seems to lack. You don't force Deinterlace to "On" do you? - if yes, don't do that again.

Quote:07:37:01 T:140310390757120 DEBUG: script.duration: Converts : 10 min.
^ what's that btw.?

As Isengard is provided as is - please try the other builds from an usb stick or something.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-08, 08:22)fritsch Wrote: No gurabli - it's not even nearly related ...

OK, thanks. But anything that might explain what is happening in my setup? The 120 fps content is from Eisi2005's logs, isn't it, not mine.
I use the test files from you site.
@fritsch

Thanks fro your help, i have force Deinterlace ON beacuse i have problems zo play some tv series without that, so i set on and set like on first page describe set to all movies. So all movies have the deinterlace on. I disable deinterlace and all runs fine again Smile

Could i come back with a log file from tv series where i have every 2-3 minutes a small stuttering in the picture ?
Ok now Deinterlace is disabled. When i play the big bunny movie i have not drops but still skips. When the camera moves left , right or zoom in then skips to go high, the camera remains at a point to stand then there a no skips.

http://xbmclogs.com/p6nvk7bhs
Do - what the howto says: Deinterlace to "Auto" and save for all files. And for BBB HEVC 4k, click on the Filmrole (Filmrolle) and choosen Scaling-Method: Bilinear. It's too much in combination with Lanczos3 Downscaling and not worth it.

Edit: And btw. you still run an outdated version - even Isengard wise.
ok update the Isengard version to 1004.

what was the best setting for this version.

Full/Full or Limited/Limited
Default should be limited/limited, and for the first time ever, that should work correctly. :-)

Remember to NOT set anything via xrandr in autostart.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18