Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-10-15, 23:47)EXT64 Wrote: I've been testing these dev builds on my Braswell NUC using the OpenELEC images, however I stopped updating back before video passthrough was added because you mentioned no longer including the Kernel fix for Braswell.

I completely understand not wanting to waste time continually patching kernels, however do the newest OpenELEC images have a new enough kernel that the Braswell fix is no longer needed? Or to put the question another way, is there any way I can help test these newer builds using the OpenELEC images and my Braswell NUC?

Thanks for all of your hard work so far. It was certainly a relief to see someone supporting these chips, now that Intel has semi-officially claimed they have no plans to support them in Windows for High-Res Audio Passthrough.

Openelec builds never had any bsw kernel fixes. They will come after kernel 4.3 is out. Those patched kernels were done for Ubuntu only.

BTW. latest ppa from today and oe image from yesterday work fine again. Vaapi was broken cause of an off by one error.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by fritsch - 2015-10-16, 08:08
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18