Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Followed the instructions on the first post and it works great. I get buffering/hiccuping every 15 seconds during the first couple minutes of a movie but I think its because it's reading from an external USB 3.0 drive. It clears up and the movie then plays flawlessly

Also, from time to time, I get this error msg on the screen which necessitates having to restart the intel NUC. I googled the error and found this url that discusses the error or a similar error. I admit, I'm a linux newbie and have only used kodi/xbmc on windows for the past couple years.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2...00153.html

My setup consists of an Intel NUC NUC5CPYH with 4GB of memory, external hdd, and the install and configuration info on the first post. I pipe it through a denon receiver and into a projector. I never have the error pop up while watching a movie, its only after I shut down the receiver and projector and then come back later and start the two devices up the error is there. I never power down the NUC. I'm not sure where the issue lies or what logs to look at to help identify where the problem exists.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by slag - 2015-10-26, 16:42
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18