Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-12-05, 21:03)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 20:13)Ney Wrote:
(2015-12-03, 16:49)fritsch Wrote: @Ney: Currently uploading a new release (.tar) - will have pvr.dvblink integrated ... wait until it's fully up and upgrade your existing version after that.

Works a charm, thanks a bunch Fritch, disabling the turbo and setting max cstate to 1 makes it run rock solid, and jarvis beta 3 looks real good so far.

Yeah. The cstate=1 is a sad thing ... thinking how long this bug is already open :-(

Fritsh, Are you certain that this does not affect Braswell? I saw the kernel bugreport and read through the whole thing and also read every post on this board and a couple other boards on this bug and I can only find 1 guy saying he saw it on Braswell and you saying it's not on braswell. I have an Asrock Beebox n3000 and am seeing a very similar complete system freeze at random times. I originally thought it was heat related but have since replaced my 2.5in SSH with an msata drive because asrock recommended not running the n3000 with a 2.5 in drive for heat related reasons. That seemed to fix random reboots (which were probably heat related) but what I am left with now is just freezes periodically. I have been running a watch cputtemp and gputemp and have only caught one freeze that occurred while I was moving around in the GUI. The CPU temp was high but I have been running 5-7C above that for 12+ hours (video on repeat/loop) since with no freezes. The freeze seem so random, like watching a movie and messing around in the GUI with no rhyme or reason.

Is there any way to change the cstate in openelec? I think I can change it in the bios but was hoping to have a more reproducible situation to test but so far that has eluded me. If it is heat related I'll step up to the n3150 with a fan but dont want to spend the money if it's this kernel bug.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by Shaddow825 - 2016-02-10, 17:44
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18